It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 National Debt Statistics Which Prove That We Have Sold Our Children And Grandchildren Into Perpet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
You have opened a big can of worms Red that must be confronted.

Thanks for the info and the insight, star.

Yes it is a can of worms.

The only real value it has is the value the community gives it.

Yes am aware that is the case. That is also where I see the case for a more global currency.

There has been talk for some time about the introduction of a new global currency. I can see a lot of benefits to international trade, but also a lot of risks if it is business as usual.

There has been a lot of talk about that around here before also. Most of it has been around something called the Amero. In time though I am sure there will be a global currency.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

The debt, like all our other problems, is just being compounded. Honestly, this state of affairs more than anything else makes me believe that hostile aliens are running our planet - no one human would do this to us and destroy our home in the process.

Hostile aliens running the planet, well all in all I think I would still with some humans would do this to our planet. It would make things a lot simpler though if it was aliens.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
U.S. National Debt: $13.926 TRILLION - Debt per citizen: $44,780 - Debt per taxpayer: $125,963

U.S. Federal spending: $3.484 TRILLION

U.S. Federal budget deficit: $1.341 TRILLION

Total U.S. debt: $55.501 TRILLION - Total debt per citizen: $178,450 - Total debt per family: $680,698

These and many more interesting stats can be found here:

usdebtclock.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
U.S. National Debt: $13.926 TRILLION - Debt per citizen: $44,780 - Debt per taxpayer: $125,963

U.S. Federal spending: $3.484 TRILLION

U.S. Federal budget deficit: $1.341 TRILLION

Total U.S. debt: $55.501 TRILLION - Total debt per citizen: $178,450 - Total debt per family: $680,698

These and many more interesting stats can be found here:

usdebtclock.org...

Just to add that site has introduced a new "time machine" (top right corner) option:

src

At current rates these are projected numbers in just 4 short years. QE1/QE2 equivalents will be required just to pay the interest. Think about that prospect and those future numbers for a moment.

brill
edit on 31-12-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Originally posted by soficrow

The debt, like all our other problems, is just being compounded. Honestly, this state of affairs more than anything else makes me believe that hostile aliens are running our planet - no one human would do this to us and destroy our home in the process.

Hostile aliens running the planet, well all in all I think I would still with some humans would do this to our planet. It would make things a lot simpler though if it was aliens.

I used to say that totally tongue-in-cheek. Now... It's starting to look like a legitimate analysis, aka the only possible explanation.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Soficrow
I tend more to think that greed is capable of doing all those things and destroy the planet as well.
And humans are perfectly capable of being greedy.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
star and flag.

redgolem yourself and dimensional detective are two of my favorite posters.

thank you for your research.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Mathewgraybeal
wow thanks so much for the kind words! Star back!

Putting me on the same as Dimenchenel, wow now that is some high praise indeed. Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
here is whats going to happen one day in the near future we the people are going to tell china and the fed to go frak them selves one day the goverment or the people will realize we can be tottally self suffient with all our resources.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

True. Greed rules. But where do these greedy guys think they're gonna live when our atmosphere is destroyed and our planet is fubarred geophysically? Possible alien presence aside, it looks to me like the looting escalated big time about 10 years ago, and the plan is to relocate on another 'planet.' ...But why do they think they have that option?

edit on 31/12/10 by soficrow because: wd

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Soficrow
not being a rich person I can't really answer your question. But being on the out side looking in, I would say they might just be thinking that once the area is no longer habitable they can just move some where else. Leveling behind all the people doing the work for them. Or more likely, they are already some where half a world away reaping the rewards of the area being decimated.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The decimation is NOT restricted to isolated or defined "areas." The damage is not 'limited' - it's planet wide. We're in the middle of a 6th mass extinction event brought about by altering the very chemistry and molecular foundations of our biosphere. The seabed is fractured in the Gulf of Mexico, and a similar 'misadventure' likely is responsible for the 2004 tsunami. There are food riots all over the world; the US relies on the "Breadbasket," which relies on irrigation from the Ogallala Aquifer, which is running dry. Meanwhile, growing seasons have gone chaotic worldwide and crop failures continue, while glaciers melt and droughts abound ....There is NO safe haven here on earth. And because TPTB get all the info and actuarial reports we never get to see, they know, and have known for some time. So they have a back-up plan. Guaranteed.

Happy New Year's.

edit on 31/12/10 by soficrow because: wd

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Honestly, this state of affairs more than anything else makes me believe that hostile aliens are running our planet

If there is an alien connection, I put the prime suspects with the Trilateral Commission and/or Rand Corporation. This policy framework then feeds into the Council of Foreign Relations, Bilderbergs, Brookings Institute and others. I do not have conclusive proof but from the stories and the policy attitudes, maybe.

The Bank of International Settlements is also another big player on the global money scene.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
Stupid question but...

Who does America owe the debts to, and if those nations wanted it to be payed back in full asap (for whatever reason), what would happen?

Very good question, this seperate entity called the Federal Reserve established a fiat money system in 1913 . So what would happen if we kicked out the Federal resserve the current Congress, Senate, and President, then reestablished a currency and a legitimate Government backed by the constitution, Then file bankruptcy on this Monopoly money that everyone is so worried about
Hell, if the Fed wanted their funny money paid in full, we could print out monopoly money printed on green renewable global warming backs- outsourced ofcourse- then give them their truck load of worthless cash at a door step of their choosing

To put it in perspective here, all it would take is to file bankruptcy on these azz hats, and let our founding fathers doctrine called the U.S Constitution Article I section 8 which clearly vests the government to coin and regulate
value in the United States.
like they say in the Marine Corps
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
[snip] THE FREE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOIN ME IN MY QUEST TO SPREAD COMMUNISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEBT IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol jk.
edit on 31/12/10 by masqua because: censor circumvention removed

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
it is ABSOLUTELY uncionable to make innocents pay for debts that they had not incur. Such a system is evil.

...agreed...

The next generations should NOT be made to pay for debts

...and i agree with that too...

incurred by this generation.

....but this is where agreeing comes to a screeching halt...

It was OUR fault for not carefully scrutinizing govt spending and allowing ourselves to be mislead by our elected legislators and presidents. We are solely to be blamed.

...no...

...i was given no choice about war spending (vietnam and every conflict / invasion since and thats a VERY long list)... the same can be said of the debt of wars forced upon my parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great great grandparents, their parents and on and on all the way back to the creation of the usofa federal government...

...i was given no choice about cia operatives blowing money out the wahzoo to disrupt other countries or the expense they generated by importing illegal drugs into the usofa or the expense they caused by flooding non-white and/or poverty stricken areas with those illegal drugs and raising the crime rate significantly...

...i was given no choice about the utterly ridiculous wasteful border fencing project and neither were the citizens who had their land either chopped up or outright stolen by said project...

...i was given no choice about the trans texas corridor, the first leg of the nafta super hwy and neither were the citizens who had their land either chopped up or outright stolen by said project...

...i was given no choice about HMOs and/or how insurance companies have driven up the cost of medical intervention and significantly reduced the effectiveness of practioners...

...the list of expenses created by the federal government in which citizens were given NO choice is a VERY long one... the above noted are just a few of the many...

Debts ultimately have to be paid.

...the national debt (regardless of which country) is owed by the scum that create spending power out of thin air and the scum-suckers that are "put" into political office to facilitate the scum's desires...

This is a time of crisis, when more money is needed to stimulate the economy for growth.

...no... money that is created out of thin air is just numbers backed up by nothing... creating more "fake money" just creates MORE false debt for common folk and more profit for the scum who run this game and their scum-suckers who enforce the game's rules (like the irs)...

The foriegn wars must cease,

...we can agree again - cool...

and so must funding for newer military or space projects till there is enough to restart them, and made do or improvise with current tech to either cannabalise or improve current systems.

...we get no choice on any of that, so any plans we come up with regarding military spending or space projects are just wishful thinking...

The continued high spending demanded by the military industrial complex cannot be allowed to continue, or there will be no next generation even to pay for it, as none could afford to live this life.

...there is no way for us to stop it...

...also, if the military industrial complex was magically done away with tomorrow, millions of people would be unemployed and would flood the already over-crowded unemployment benefits lines as well as the extremely limited work available lines...

Why aren't none of the legislators doing these to help their constituents whom are suffering today???

...you meant (i hope) "why arent any of the legislators"...

...the answer is - like us, they have no power (no choice) - or - their constituents are scum-suckers - or - they were put in office by scum, which makes the legislator what?... thats right, a scum-sucker...

...is there a viable solution?... wish i was smart enough to come up with one that would stop the damage being done and prevent it from happening again... the only solution may be a world wide cataclysm but thats no guarantee that only good folk will survive or that they'll remain good folk if forced into survival mode...

edit on 12/31/10 by Wyn Hawks because: ...dang typos, grrrr...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by naeem11111
Just have a revolution and then give the country a new name, therefore the you dont have to pay the bankers anymore. That's what the Soviet Union did, they didn't pay back Tsarist Russia's debt, as it didn't exist anymore.

And no, my generation will make sure we will not pay the debt which was generated, from one generation to the next. A full scale world revolution, take down the elite and hang them from the lamp posts.
-Naeem
edit on 31/12/2010 by naeem11111 because: (no reason given)

Nce try its been thought of already: ( by "the onion"!):

edit on 31-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Stupid question but...

Who does America owe the debts to, and if those nations wanted it to be payed back in full asap (for whatever reason), what would happen?

Mostly China

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
the national debt is a scam to scare people.

they always publish statistics like this but they never publish how much the u.s. takes in taxes and trade.

as far as i can see, roads are still being fixed, the military still has enough money to develop all kinds of futuristic weapons, senators still have their private jets etc.

the only time their isn't enough money or the government is in debt is when it cuts into some corrupt politicians pocket or their supporters or its a program that will help and benefit the average american, like healthcare.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by klaatu4711

Stupid question but... Who does America owe the debts to, and if those nations wanted it to be payed back in full asap (for whatever reason), what would happen?

Mostly China

China is the largest foreign investor into America, there are many others. As for internal investment, this is where things get interesting. The federal reserve prints the money, hands it onto Citibank, J.P Morgan and others in Central Banks of America umbrella. These banks then hand the money back to the government, with interest. If America defaulted on these debts, then the 'too big to fail' would fail as their ponzi schemes come to an end. This would mean the the Rothschild's and other obscenely wealthy families would take their part in picking up the debt they help create through promoting financial deregulation. This would also help bring an end to their evil plans of world domination, mass depopulation, media manipulation, war for profit and other common conspiracy plans.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join