It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Uses Arms Sales To Achieve Global Supremacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Washington Uses Arms Sales To Achieve Global Supremacy

blacklistednews.com

Obama first advocated the streamlining of arms sales controls in August of 2009 and reiterated the demand in his State of the Union address on January 27 “as an element toward doubling exports by 2015.”

The White House plan entails expediting overseas weapons transfers by establishing a single agency to oversee proposed exports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This article talks about the U.S. being a weapons supplier to almost any one who wants to buy. It also goes a little beyond that by saying that to increase the exports from the nation, the Fed government is making it easier to export weapons. I doubt any is going to agree with this strategy but the important thing hear is to know about it so when the time comes to voice an opinion or a vote you will have some of the information.

blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

On the one hand I can see the political and tactical reasoning behind these financial manouvres. America is dealing with a debt crisis, and in another of your own posts you highlight the plight of the droves of US citizens approaching retirement age, and the effects of that generations pensions on the public books. It stands to reason that the US will have to increase its export markets in some areas to compensate, and of course doing so in this manner will create a situation which will make it hard for Americas ecconomic and political rivals to make headway into the financial affairs of more nations than they have already infiltrated.
However, there are obvious problems with the strategy , not least of which is the risk of modern warfare equipment ending up in hands which cannot be trusted with the power they represent, and the lack of control after sale, of what happens to those weapons may prove in time to make a nonsense of the affair. But as you rightly say, people need to know these things so that they may make up thier own minds.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well the military industry is making a killing, and countries always want the latest tech and America needs the money and they have a global position in this area, so go ahead, its the only area keeping America alive.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
. But as you rightly say, people need to know these things so that they may make up thier own minds.

Thanks to both for posting

TrueBrit
thanks for your comment, and for restating the point above. That is something I think is very important also.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It is really sad watching this great country stoop
to becoming nothing more than a arms dealer.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Mamabeth
yes it is. I will take it one step farther and say it is sad to see the U.S. become an arms dealer controlled by the banks for the purpose of greed.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Shame they couldnt create and sell something to the world other than more damn weapons...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Americans are not allowed to make anything.
When the countries that we sell arms to, get their
own means of making weapons,we won't be needed
anymore.
Then,these countries will probably use the weapons,
we sold them,on us.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Truly hope that never happens.. Hate violence and wars .. Keep hoping one day humanity grow up and learns to live in peace.. Sadly am old and doubt will ever see that day.. Ahh well tis nice to dream...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Shame they couldnt create and sell something to the world other than more damn weapons...

America sells much, much more than "damn weapons". There is just a stronger market for weapons. The US didn't make the market, and if you think they did, you must have failed history, psychology and sociology classes. Those buying and selling the weapons live in the real world. Those wringing their hands about the arms trade live in that fantasy bubble world that I used to call leftist, but I see now as just a psychological anomaly that can occur in anyone of any political persuasion who has substituted their fairyland neo-hippie construct for reality. Weapons are purchased by states and "movements" in order to kill people with the desire to impose authority by force, or to defend against imposition of force. The United States, Russia, the PRC, the UK and France are all major arms sellers. Those who have a moral objection to the corporations in their nations selling arms have always been on the scene. Arms are still being sold. Good luck to you.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Americans are not allowed to make anything.
When the countries that we sell arms to, get their
own means of making weapons,we won't be needed
anymore.
Then,these countries will probably use the weapons,
we sold them,on us.

Mamabeth
As was said below in this thread, the U.S. does make other things besides weapons. Not to sound like a war monger, but if the other countries want to buy weapons from the U.S. I do like to think they want them because they are good weapons.
As to the last statement in your post I also hope that never happens but I think it has already been happening to some degree.

new topics

top topics

join