It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, let's sort out the meaning of Christ and the meaning of Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If you believe in Jesus as your personal savior then you are a Christian, right......

I read the Jefferson Bible to get as close to his teachings as possible, his ideas are so beautiful, hopefully we can all try to live the way he spoke of, even as a non-believer I find it awe inspiring. Condensed to just his life and sayings is perfect to really understand Jesus. Check it out to find the true meaning of a follower of Christ.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JudgedCover

I don't think your post here is conclusive proof for insanity.
I think these are all legitimate questions and you did a nice job of
putting them all together like this.
Well I wonder if my dog is going to be with me in heaven.
Not really because I feel rather certain that he will.
Now if I was a woman who had given birth and that child had died
in infancy, I would be just as certain, in fact even more so, that my
child will be with me in heaven. I don't torture myself with doubts
and I am a person who has never in my life had any doubts. That
may be odd but I don't know if a survey was ever done to find out
how many people have never had doubts, so I may be not so
unusual, for all I know.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I am the first person to say that I believe all churches are corrupt.
Here on ATS maybe, but there are a lot of people say that too.

Yes, Christ wanted a Christian church.
I think He (Christ) would have people like those from Act 17:11: These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

But the way those churches have gone is directly against the teachings of Christ.
Most regulary churches are walking in front of Christ, do not know the Scripture and the soon you show them they become very angry!

Christ taught love, forgiveness, caring for others. Yes, He does fight
No, He doesn't, because the Scripture says that you have to wear Eph 6:10-18 and keep it update!

And even if you do not believe in Christ, all you have to believe in this:

First, love and forgive yourself, so that you can love and forgive others.

Help yourself and help other people, even if you only smile or give a kind word.

Never hurt anyone or anything if possible.

But it won't help you in heaven the soon you die. The Lord Jesus Christ says in Joh 14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
So if you just ask Him to live in your heart with His Holy Spirit, He would be and you get all the wisdom to know the Scripture because Joh 14:26 say: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Here's my spin.

In my opinion, Jesus never wanted to create a physical church - As that was counter to his idea of forming a new spiritual movement, which ulitimately, was not founded in this physical realm and therefor would not stay in the physical - His ideologies came straight from GOD - the spirit cannot be confined to a building, so why should GOD's spirit?

Jesus' views of how a world could be, when people not tied into focussing on material posessions. However, in our folley, we missunderstood "church" to mean a physical place. Any where that you pray, in my opinion is a Church.

To me, his teachings speak of no physical churches, but speaks as if we are all "churches" or "temples" which must be cared for and nourished,not defiled (violence, pollutants?? alcohol etc?? not in moderation).

I was brought up in a roman catholic environment, which as everyone knows, is heavily indoctrinating and any questioning of their writings and teachings, is considered heretical or "anti-catholic".

I personally enjoy reading about Jesus and his adventures and find the undertones of the stories to be quite uplifting, whether or not you believe that he was the son of God is irrelivant, HAving said that i enjoy reading about Jesus, i also try my hardest to be what is expected, a good honest, decent and caring human being. Sympathetic without empathy.

I follow Jesus' teachings, but i refuse to subscribe to a name - Catholic, Christian or otherwise, which was instituted by MAN and MEN who wanted to segregate by categorising. Anything that mankind makes, is exactly that, MAN MADE and therefor flawed (so sayeth the bible).

Such a peaceful and wonderful idea that was completely bastardised by power/wealth hungry people.

I mean, what good is salvation, if you cannot charge them for it right??

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

. . .any questioning of their writings and teachings, is considered heretical or "anti-catholic".
That's like today, where in the US, there is this attitude from government officials that to disagree with the introduction of draconian policies, is to be "anti-government" and someone who needs to be labeled a subversive and treated as a terrorist.
Where Christianity became a dominant culture in ancient times, there would always be people, as expected, who would assent themselves on others through their psychopathic predilection for controlling others, and making a government out of the Church, along with Church Courts where most common people would end up. They became the law of the land, just like if Sharia law would, if left unopposed in the US, eventually ruling over all Muslims, and then later to ruling over everybody. So, you just do not oppose the power of the church just like you do not oppose the power of the US government, even though the founding documents of this country gives the federal government none of those powers.
"Catholic" could be looked at somewhat like the term "Federal" which is really originally a term which meant the confederation of several free and sovereign states, to where it becomes a term to mean "all powerful". So if you have a church which has its name become a term meaning "all powerful" which the word "catholic" has become, then you have a beast, which means it becomes a living thing in its own right and takes the personality and actions of a beast, and one that none can safely oppose.

edit on 6-1-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Chapter and verse for all of those claims, please. Because I have read the Bible, more than a few times and have seen a differing picture.

I see injustice, endorsement of barbaric ancient law, endorsement of slavery, cruelty, intolerance, ignorance, and contradiction from the character of Jesus.

If you'd like, I can actually show you where all of this is in the words of Jesus. I can make things even worse if you believe that Paul is talking on behalf of Jesus.

Oh, and the meaning of "Christ"? Anointed one, from the Greek Χριστός (Khristós)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join