It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing a part of the self?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Logarock, oy vey!

"I lost much of my ego and anger after understanding that those that wrong me will burn in hell anyway."

"There how do you like that."

Playing Devil's Advocate here, have ego and anger subsided, or have they just been given a new construct outlet?

Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Do you feel calmer?

Do you feel that you have more answers than you did before (provided the angst in your life angst was a guise for not knowing how to deal with the world as it is...)?

Would you be willing to try the following?

1) In front of a mirror, with eyes closed, remember yourself at the height of your "anarchist punk angsty teen". 2) Open your eyes and look into them in the reflection, and feel / check for what emotions / thought constructs are governing your mindset.
3) Now, do this again with your current mindset. What do you see in your eyes?

Might that be the difference they sense?

If it is a deeper soul issue as suggested, try this: (This will be most easily visible in the third eye).
1) Sit down in a quiet room and dim lights (perhaps candles...) and sense your bodies. Your aura surrounds your in bright colours.
2) Ask your higher-self to darken an area of your aura corresponding to the missing soul piece, if it is the issue.
3) Also provide your higher-self a way to directly say this isn't the issue (as in flashing a big 'NO' in your third eye.)
Was there a response to indicate a soul piece is missing / was given away?

Do you know of the term "spunk"?

Taleo.
edit on 1-1-2011 by wolfgang1812 because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Originally posted by wolfgang1812

Do you feel calmer?

In some ways yes and others no. As far as worrying about the day to day and dealing with problems, definitely a lot calmer on that front.

Do you feel that you have more answers than you did before (provided the angst in your life angst was a guise for not knowing how to deal with the world as it is...)?

I do feel as though I have a lot more answers, because of what i've learned about the world(sociology) and people(psychology) in college and through my own personal research and spiritual growth. Plus some things learned through experience. The angst I felt back then had a lot to do with not knowing how to reconcile the way the world was with how I thought it should be.

Would you be willing to try the following?

1) In front of a mirror, with eyes closed, remember yourself at the height of your "anarchist punk angsty teen". 2) Open your eyes and look into them in the reflection, and feel / check for what emotions / thought constructs are governing your mindset.
3) Now, do this again with your current mindset. What do you see in your eyes?

Might that be the difference they sense?

If it is a deeper soul issue as suggested, try this: (This will be most easily visible in the third eye).
1) Sit down in a quiet room and dim lights (perhaps candles...) and sense your bodies. Your aura surrounds your in bright colours.
2) Ask your higher-self to darken an area of your aura corresponding to the missing soul piece, if it is the issue.
3) Also provide your higher-self a way to directly say this isn't the issue (as in flashing a big 'NO' in your third eye.)
Was there a response to indicate a soul piece is missing / was given away?

Do you know of the term "spunk"?

Taleo.
edit on 1-1-2011 by wolfgang1812 because: Clarity

I will give the above a try and yes I know the term spunk. But being that im a laid back person in general, throw in my perception of the world with that, and im just not really easy excitable, anymore. I can fake it but faking just is not me.

edit on 1-1-2011 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfgang1812

Logarock, oy vey!

"I lost much of my ego and anger after understanding that those that wrong me will burn in hell anyway."

"There how do you like that."

Playing Devil's Advocate here, have ego and anger subsided, or have they just been given a new construct outlet?

Just a thought...

Well yea certainly when or as one becomes ego aware they tend to check everything to some degree.

There does seem to be a very important part of a person that is connected with the "ego" and we should watch tossing the baby out with the bathwater. I mean is anytype of self servival or will or self a bad thing, a measure of the "evil" ego? Well no. Was Mother Teresa her own sort of ego gone wild?

For me anything or concept like "ego" that allows as much room for just about anything to be defined as it is just a sort of blob to be taken with salt, used sparingly. Ego to define things is just a black hole, a blunt trama tool not very surgical in itself. Probably usless for most as a way to figure people out. Have you ever noticed folks that like to use "ego" to define things and actions, attitudes in others seem to have control freek issues or they are weak and sensitive?

I have found that many that look like classic ego problems are not at all. There is something else, could be many things at work. Over the years my attitude about what we call ego problems are, in worst cases, manifest in folks that look down on others as the more classic megalomaniac or narcissis.
Yours.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Regarding my question of spunk... I always viewed spunk as a "positive jive with an undercurrent of aloofness, with a dash of self-made-style". As people mature and grow, some times they lose their "spunk". Just wondering if that could be it...

Again, this is all a shot from the dark...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You lost what you are not...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lightinfused

Lightinfused!!!

When I read you're post, BAZING!!! It resonated highly. Good Call.

Humbled.

Wolfgang

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Logaroc,

"Well yea certainly when or as one becomes ego aware they tend to check everything to some degree."
Agreed.

For the bilateral, mutual understanding of the constructs we are discoursing, how do you feel / think the ego and the soul (if you believe / allow for it, or else consciousness / awareness) are connected? What is the relationship between the two "entities"?

"I mean is anytype of self servival or will or self a bad thing, a measure of the "evil" ego? Well no."
Please clarify... Are you suggesting that ego is an aspect of "self survival or will or self"?

Agreed that the term and definition of "ego" is broad in many people's usage. Which leads directly to the necessity of understanding exactly what ego is, its role, and its abilities. "And there-in lies the rub."

Agreed that ego-ism is misdefined regarding people's attitudes and actions, continually. Though ego could be misconstrued as megalomaniac or narcissis, those are usually a choice in perspective, rather than an inherent misnomer of intent, defined by the creation of negative low vibrations relegated to the origins of the construct of ego.

With Neutrality,

Wolfgang

P.S. It seems this thread is divagating due to this topic... perhaps to another thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join