It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thor 2 Laser Cannon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of this, I have been reading about a UFO, shot down by 2 South African Mirages, in the report it states the jets were fitted with the Thor 2 Laser Cannon but Im reading they were fitted with a French 30mm DEFA cannon based on a German gun?

I am kind of thinking this is a joke.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You mean the death-ray I have set up inside my massive moon-base?

My apologies OP, but it helps if you provide a link to what you were "reading"

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Unfortnately it appears to be a hoax and has been circulating for years.

I was in an anti-aircraft regiment in Cape Town around the time of this incident and never heard of the incident from anyone.
It was only later when a top secret document began circulating that the story began to do the rounds.
Of course, as a National Serviuceman, I was not privy to confidential information but I do know the state of the SANDF at the time - any laser weapon (as advanced as this) would have been used in Angola after the Cuban began to kick our asses after Cuito Carnevale (with their more advanced Migs).

Here is the whole story but whether it is true or false is up for debate.

Link

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

There is a line of thought on this that it wasn't actually a laser weapon, but a Maser weapon (Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation). I'm at work now so don't have the links on this pc, so when I'm home on Sunday I'll add any links that I can.

There was a supposed UFO crash in Lesotho in 1995, and references were made to the Kalahari incident within the research docs etc.
edit on 31/12/10 by auxxon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

Here's the link on the Lesotho incident which has some info on the supposed maser/laser weapon and some research done by some German researchers:

www.parascope.com...

top topics

join