It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satan at war with himself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
On the one hand, we have our President.
He's proclaiming a crusade, pointing out the dangerous enemy. That enemy is evil, a hand of satan.

On the other hand, we islamic fundamentalists.
We are the infidels, the great Satan, the oppressors of the Islamic communities.

Afghanistan was run by these islamic fundamentalists. As is many other islamic countries. Their watchdogs were known to go from house to house, measuring beards making sure that the men weren't shaving. The women were beaten for noisy shoes, or for slipping and inadvertantly showing too much of a leg. They told the people what to believe, how to act, and dished out harsh punishments for all who disobeyed.

What about Bush, does he strike you as a fundamentalist? He kind of does to me. His faith based charity, if put into effect full force would place divorced women in a position where she'd might have to go to churches (since there is only so much gov't money to go around, and it isn't enough anyways to meet all the needs) where they believe that she should have taken a subordinant role, and stuck with it in most circumstances. She has no call for divorce....unless maybe, if she is lucky, they understand that him beating the heck out of her is reason to leave him. The massive debt that he is accumulating assures that there will be less funding for these programs in the future. And, his economic policies in general, where outsourcing is good, and tax breaks are given to the rich ensures that not only will her wages remain low enough not to enable to support her kids, but her husbands will remain low enough to require her to work. And, his anti-abortion stance or more importantly, the resulting slashing of funding for family planning clinic around the world could ensure that she will spend most of her working years either working, or raising children under school age. To me, he seems to be on an agenda to knock women back into her god-given rightful place....
In plan simple words, I don't see much difference. Both sides seem to think that our laws of government should be there to enforce the laws of their beliefs.
(The liberals aren't much better, except that they have a different tactic....you cant do for yourselves, think for yourselves, or protect yourselves...they should do it for you. To me, all these paths lead to the same destination.)
What is the advantage to keep women in a subordinate position, and who does it give strenth to? It is my opinion that when a child is raised in a situation where one member of the family...the man...is the supreme ruler of the household...because he is the man....it kind of establishes the idea that the world is made up with heirarchies...pecking orders. It makes it easier for him when he grows up to take his position as lord...master, husband, ect....or servant...slave...whatever. Thus it is easier to accept the divine providence of the churches, and the idea of slavery...it's the natural order of things. And, well, one doesn't question the someone ordained by god to rule over you do they? Instead of doing what you believe you should be doing...what you believe is right you find yourself doing what the other person believes is right...since God is all forgiven and the guy is human and carries a whip. It's the human lord that you are forced to rely on for your food, your lot in the world. Who are you gonna obey?
Seems to me that both the islamic terrorists and Bush seem to be heading to this type of world. I just don't see where it jives too well with what I believe the Bible says. I believe that the Bible says that the followers of Jesus will know his voice...AND OBEY ONLY HIM. If we all were to be forced to accept that adultery, that murder, that theft is wrong for a few generations, would we really know why they are wrong? We, in the free society, can at least give a decent answer to that...murder is wrong because it is a waste of life, and it causes alot of grief to those left behind, and I certainly wouldn't want it happening to me, or anyone I love...same with most other "sins" in the world. In a free society, we can learn and grow. I don't believe that is the case in any of the paths the the far left liberals, the far right conservative christians, or most of the fundamentalist muslims would put us on. The liberals would be passing all kinds of laws to alleviate the consequences of our actions...thus avoiding any learning experience involved. And the other two would be just forcing you to abide by their beliefs, weather or not you believe in them. And then when they don't work...since the sin will remain in the heart of man until the learning is achieved and he comes to terms to why these laws are there to begin with...you will become disenchanted and resentful to the God that wrote up these laws to begin with...
seems to me it all leads to the same place.
Bush and the terrorists are at war..and Bush is using fear as the main motivating force to urge the public to go along....fear the terrorists enough to give up your freedom to continue down that path and learn the truth, to gain the understanding and wisdom that God desires for us to have. I believe that all religions are like two-way highways. They can lead to God, or they can lead straight to Satan...it all depends on your heart and desires. Satan is at war with himself, in hopes that he will frighten the true followers of God enough to accept the wrong path of their individual highway and turn their backs on god and follow him.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hedging all bets, or covering all bases? And it may not nessessarily be Satan's doing, either...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Guess one would have to define Satan first.....and, umm....I don't believe Satan is Lucifer. Lucifer was a fallen angel, I think Satan is a little older. But, regardless of weather you even believe in Satan or not. It is like a "spirit" that is raising it's head, yet again. It seems to be coming from all angles, both in the world view, and on the personal level. I don't think that any group, no matter how intelligent, rich, and powerful, could orchistrate this kind of crap.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
When is Satan�s birthday?
That would be a hell of a day...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Before there can be a "creation" there has to be duelity (not sure of the spelling, sorry.) So, one of the first things that had to be created would be God's arch nemesis....satan...
Since Lucifer was created awhile before he fell, I think Satan is a different force, or whatever you would like to call it.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I thought Lucifer was his name when he was an angel in Heaven, one of the "good guys" -- and once God sent him to Hell and he took over there, he became known as Satan over time instead after becoming a "bad guy".

Satan was able to take over once he arrived in Hell because he was the most powerful being there... And God let it happen because, after all, Hell is basically God's garbage bin in the spiritual dimension...

So, in the spiritual dimension (ours being the physical dimension, of course), we have

God --> Heaven --> Angels --> Jesus

and

Satan --> Hell --> Demons --> Anti-Christ (no formal name)

Satan is not God's equal; God could destroy Hell and everything in it whenever he felt like it, but chooses not to. Satan himself and all his Demons are former angels that God kicked out of Heaven when they tried to rebel.

As for how would I define evil... Hmmm... how about this? "selfishness without empathy"?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't think satan is at war with himself, only humans are at war with each other so is not fear to blame god or satan or anybody else, I find it so human to find somebody else to blame when all the problems in the world are created by humans and for humans.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Don't really think it matters much how you define satan......to get the meaning of the original post though....seems like Bush has more in common with the terrorists.....only the name of the religion is different. And, at least according to my beliefs (which a few of my former posts should indicate isn't too many other people's beliefs) well, they both head in the opposite direction than what our creator would desire for us to go in....thus....Satan...the opposite of God....

top topics

join