It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pitch Black Eyes ! Is this the Sign of Possession ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by ChiForce

I lack the vocabulary to accurately describe what a joke science is - to be under the assumption that its word is absolute law.

Go ahead and spin your scientific fairy tales of quantum theory - Play with your ghost detectors and thermal imaging scanners or whatever "Specialized Equipment" you deem functional for phenomenal diagnosis.

What a farce! You actually believe SO blindly in the scientific institution that you rival the zealotry of roman catholics during the 10th century!

In all my travels I have but glimpsed the great mystery from which all possibility forms.

Perhaps one day we will all see with absolute clarity - but it is not this day.

edit on 1-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

BTW, I was directing my post to Titen-Sxull who thinks that science is his new found faith (belated somewhat)......I guess he has never studied how Newtonian physic can only apply to our planet Earth. Once you are dealing with matters in the quantum level, you need a new set of paradigms to approach the new science.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

The only proof you should ever believe is how you feel from direct experience

Worst

Advice

Ever

First off feelings are no basis for evidence of anything other than emotional states. For instance I can feel afraid and know that's what I'm feeling but I can't know via how I feel that someone is telling the truth or that demons are real. Feelings are easily deceived just as the five senses are. My own personal perception is borderline useless when it comes to gaining knowledge of extraordinary claims. Demons are an extraordinary claim, they require extraordinary evidence. Of course I would rely on other people for it is only with the reliance on others than we can truly know ANYTHING objective. If I see a demon how can I truly claim to KNOW that demons exist? It could easily have been a hallucination, a trick of light, etc. But if I see it and observe it and measure it in some real sense and other scientists came in and do the same thing than we have the basis for something actually existing OBJECTIVELY.

I'm not sure where you got your anti-science ideas but I suggest you throw away your computer, cell phone, insurance card, television, freezer, fridge, oven, electric lights, need I go on? It is INDUSTRY and GREED which has nearly destroyed this planet, not science. Science is a method, a tool, and yes some who have used it have done so just to turn a profit. That is a discussion for another time however.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am always alarmed by the crudity of the evangelical skeptic. Do such people honestly believe that we do not have any method of separating hallucination from alternative reality??? Do they honestly believe that a spirit makes our cars run or horses for that matter???? I hereby challenge tixten to give any sort of indication as to how he would differentiate between a hallucination and a genuine psychic occurence. Hint I have been trained to differentiate such events. have you?????

Yes tixten some of us have science degrees and have put in the time to research such things.

Go on Tixten prove me wrong!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Now for other people who should be following this thread!

Art follows reality to a certain extent. I believe the black eyed people may be a comparatively late phenomenon of what we call evil. It seems to be uniquely American.

When we look at films we have had read eyed people in the hammer house of horror films like Dracula. Even the exorcist did not have black eyed people. I maintain that this phenomenena came at the very least after the early 80s as it would heave been incorparated into the films of the late 70s.

An indirect argument as opposed to a direct argument but an argument nontheless.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Yes tixten some of us have science degrees and have put in the time to research such things.

I see your science degree doesn't give you the wherewithal to spell my name correctly

It really depends on what psychic phenomenon you would like to test. You may or may not be aware that there has been a million dollar prize on the table from the James Randi foundation offered to whoever can prove a psychic phenomenon under test conditions. Testing for demons wouldn't be too hard, we get some people who claim to be possessed and put them through a battery of tests to find out what's really wrong with them. We could easily compare brain scans of people claiming to be possessed with those of healthy humans and those with a myriad of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia. With a large enough sample size of different "possessed folks" the conclusion could be fairly definitive.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Wellperhaps you have more than one cheep ppin to make so go ahead and make all of them in your next post. James Randi is a flake because he bailed out on two of the three apllications that were made by the Uk applicants in 2005. I know because I was part of the team. Go figure.

I am sorry to say the correct answer for a scientist to make about the paranormal is "I don't know" unless you are a science major in high school because there you think you know everything and want to act all grown up.

Face it you really have nothing to offer here so go!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by tiger5

I see your science degree doesn't give you the wherewithal to spell my name correctly

It really depends on what psychic phenomenon you would like to test. You may or may not be aware that there has been a million dollar prize on the table from the James Randi foundation offered to whoever can prove a psychic phenomenon under test conditions. Testing for demons wouldn't be too hard, we get some people who claim to be possessed and put them through a battery of tests to find out what's really wrong with them. We could easily compare brain scans of people claiming to be possessed with those of healthy humans and those with a myriad of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia. With a large enough sample size of different "possessed folks" the conclusion could be fairly definitive.

See, this is when you need to be scientific about science.....
What does brain scan indicate? Can you tell if someone is a genius by reading their brain scans? If not, what makes you think that the scans can tell if someone is possessed? Bad science.... The correct way is to ask such possessed individuals to reveal information about someone (maybe you the researcher) who he or she wouldn't have known. Speaking in another language. So, you really think one could get a demon to comply to your wishes????
I really don't think that's possible. Besides, what makes you to think that you can test the spirit???

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Vinay,

Eyes like you have described here are often referred to as the "Devil's eyes." Although I have never personally encountered such a situation, I have heard several others describe it.

I will see if I can pull up some information for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
Vinay,

Eyes like you have described here are often referred to as the "Devil's eyes." Although I have never personally encountered such a situation, I have heard several others describe it.

I will see if I can pull up some information for you.

Try "black eye kids"

edit on 1-1-2011 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by ChiForce

I lack the vocabulary to accurately describe what a joke science is
Go ahead and spin your scientific fairy tales of quantum theory - Play with your ghost detectors and thermal imaging scanners or whatever "Specialized Equipment" you deem functional for phenomenal diagnosis.

What a farce! You actually believe SO blindly in the scientific institution that you rival the zealotry of roman catholics during the 10th century!

In all my travels I have but glimpsed the great mystery from which all possibility forms.

Perhaps one day we will all see with absolute clarity - but it is not this day.

Loony alert guys i gotta do it im sorry...

Here we have another example of a person with an unfullfilling life and dillusions of grandure....
He has the cheek to dismiss science without a shred of proof but we are supposed to hang on his every word with fairy tales of demons and other nonsense........

This kind of person brings us all down, how the hell can we ever hope to have any of the theories and ideas here taken seriously when we allow nutcases like this to clog up the boards...
Vote them out ..report them and above all ignore them though that will be hardest especially when they have the comedy value of this nutter...

I pray one day to see the return of the good threads and the valued opinions that followed...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

Im shocked to say the least -

What boggles my mind is when people enforce scientific belief over the esoteric knowledge of old world practitioners - when you are neither a scientist or a practitioner. You are likely just a person who has read a few files and built up an inner world for yourself where god is dead and science rules with an iron fist.

When did science become the only point of view in this world? I remember - When it started to die.

Keep 'pretending' your a leading edge scientist or that you have any credibility at all - All that I ask is you allow for breathing room from things you may not have experienced directly or are able to fully comprehend.

I've spoken my views - the bullies can squabble about the truth here and enjoy the fact they may have killed a thread that was calling for ALL view points, not just your own.

Blessings,

G

Also; I thought I'd point out the fact that instead of providing the scientific evidence you claim to be superior, all you have done is trash the view points of others from afar without reaching out with any theory of your own.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well cheer up mate.

Tycho Brahe was an astrologer. Newton was an alchemist and did some work on occulitsm. My point is the great brains in science were also researching the occult with an open mind. It is a pity that the evangelical sceptics tend to hide behind their own scientific ineptitude. Such mental weakness only leaves a shrill chattering devoid of true substance "It aint so" they shriek. I have trained several parrots to do this and when they learn to type most of the sceptics will be redundant!

It may be that they have no left blrain or an underfunctioning left brain science will be able to prove that I feel.

edit on 1-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

When did science become the only point of view in this world? I remember - When it started to die.

Is actually around the early 20th century. Nietzsche was probably the first philosopher who proclaimed that God is dead. Here, we entered into the modernity in a time when modern men have no soul. Constantly seeking means to fulfill their spiritual longing. Christianity has little meaning to them anymore. Many intellectuals seeked Eastern and pagan religions to try to find meanings in their lives. The world went through 2 world wars and the experience of the atomic bomb. In the mist of this, we have figures like Carl Jung and Joseph Campel. Who, here, were trying to lead the modern men back into the spiritual world in order for them to feel happier about their lives. The upheavals of the 60s was the result of these spiritual yearning. When some 20 something person yapping about science this and science that, he or she apparently missed a crucial history lesson in human history.
edit on 1-1-2011 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Im shocked to say the least -

What boggles my mind is when people enforce scientific belief over the esoteric knowledge of old world practitioners - when you are neither a scientist or a practitioner. You are likely just a person who has read a few files and built up an inner world for yourself where god is dead and science rules with an iron fist.

Keep 'pretending' your a leading edge scientist or that you have any credibility at all - All that I ask is you allow for breathing room from things you may not have experienced directly or are able to fully comprehend.

I've spoken my views - the bullies can squabble about the truth here and enjoy the fact they may have killed a thread that was calling for ALL view points, not just your own.

Blessings,

G

Also; I thought I'd point out the fact that instead of providing the scientific evidence you claim to be superior, all you have done is trash the view points of others from afar without reaching out with any theory of your own.

A british comedian said a great line which somes old world beliefs and medicines,," in the past we had herbal medicines, and the ones that worked became medicine" While there are not many people on this site who would want to dismiss ancient knowledge theres a diffirence between those who respect it and want to learn of it and then theres those who think it holds all the answer to all the questions,,, and then theres you who claim to have working knowledge of it all and the best time for you to present your ideas is a day after new yearnow that relly boggles my mind, you should have just went out

Science has never been the ONLY viewpoint of the world and I have no idea when it "started to die" , would you like to share when /where etc im sure theres other people who missed that one too....

I have never claimed to be a leading scientist i just know how important it is in the world we live in because the further science gets then the closer we as a race get to understanding whats going on in the universe, including all the unexplained things that you CLAIM to hae seen. IE at one point people thought the sun was a god who rose every day, now thats an old world belief right there that didnt last long....... so from your viewpoint they were right and its a god rising every day and planetery orbit has nothin to do with it right????

And finally we try to accept all viewpoints here ,, but when you come down claiming to be either the son of god/hangin out with aliens/or have hidden knowledge and superpowers like you then it get a little hard to keep the composure.....

Dont worry im sure youll be fine........

edit on 2-1-2011 by mackblack27 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I do not think that anyone on theis forum has ever truly decried science. Think about how we communicate with each other here. I firmly believe in the need to name evangelical atheism or evangelical scepticism as the problem especially when these cultists insist on sticking their nose into this particular forum. Whoever died and left these fundamentalists in charge of this forum??

Yes I know someone who can change the colour of their eyes.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well I have met of the leading edge scientists and their answer regarding the paranormal is that they don't know. Some things seem unlikey but should always be investigated because on never knows where the breakthrough in any area can come.

Sadlty the problem is those who at best have a high school science education that thenuse the "iron fist" you mentioned to shore up their insecurities.

Best wishes

T

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Im sure that the British comedian is a great source of truth and knowledge. Do you base any more of your paradigms around the opinions of the entertainment industry and their clergy?

Rarely will a man have working knowledge of all esoteric practices, I only claim to have some.

I hardly see how my posting a comment the evening after my new years celebration has anything to do with the discussion at hand.

The probelm is, science appears to be 'your' only view point - One that I'm willing to wager is not professionally educated in the matter otherwise you would have given the professional statement "I dont know". The world is a beautiful and rich tapestry of opinions and ways of understanding the great mystery because we are open to the incredible possibilities this universe has to offer.

Do you really think all that information about the universe on wikipedia is real? Do you think all of it is absolute proof as if people have been there and taken samples of the core of the suns and planets of different worlds?
They have no idea what causes gravity. They dont even know whats at the bottom of the ocean or on the inside of our own planet! Its all made up, its a story! A fairy tale! The more we learn, the more the scientific opinion changes dramatically.

The world started to die during the Renaissance period shortly after the birth of modern science, technological revolution and to quench the thirst of growing industry. As a child of this planet we are parasitic in nature to our mother, and the faster and faster we grow, move, consume and multiply the faster we will siphon the life force from this planet into ourselves. Thankfully the planet is strong, it will surely outlast the birthing process of humanity and regenerate back to its former beauty.

A god is something that we owe our lives to, in gratitude for our creation and continued sustenance. In effect the sun is a god worthy of reverence because without it, we would be dead in a very short period of time. We as a species owe so much to everything around us from the day we are born.

Be thankful to the plants for giving you air to breathe, be thankful to the sun for holding us in that perfect point in space to keep us warm in the summer and for coming back at the height of winter, be grateful for the animals who were there to feed our ancestors before widespread farming fed our race. All of it is incredibly orchestrated with such a freak chance of occurring that it is a MIRACLE we are HERE!

Then at the slightest whim of paranormal or divine suspect you slash it down like RUBBISH.

How! Dare! You! An insignificant man - Claiming to know all the answers. I beg of you to have some humility.

you come down claiming to be either the son of god/hangin out with aliens/or have hidden knowledge and superpowers like you then it get a little hard to keep the composure

You are so sadly mistaken in how you describe me. I am just a man. A man who has given into the possibility that the spirit world exists and is more then willing to speak to us if we are willing to take the time to remember how to listen.

Yes, we are all going to be just fine,

Blessings,

-G

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I can see ive opened a can of worms here

I Once again have never claimed to be any kind of expert, and i do have a very open mind . And I will discuss topics on here all day long if I could.... but at the end of the day it all comes down to presentation...
You ask me to show some humility when there seems to be a hell of a superiority complex coming from your direction, not everyone is obsessed with scifi/witchcraft or whatever it is that inspires your online persona. So try and dumb it down , dont lie because as you have found lies and exageration are quickly spotted here and last but in no means least dont use twnety words when 5 will do , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

e.g. I could sit here and refer to you as resembling a vast mamory gland of a female human with an extensively mis used vocabulary .....

OR

Youre a big tit that talks a lot of crap..

here endeth the lesson

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Sadly the problem is those who at best have a high school science education that then use the "iron fist" you mentioned to shore up their insecurities.

Yes - But at the end of the day its all good.

Blessings,

-G

edit on 2-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The pitch-black eyes in and of itself doesn't mean the sign of possession. When the energy signature coming off a possessed feels cold and creepy, those are possessed. We have encountered one such "entity" - its the divorced nutter living next door to us. While pupils of her eyes are darker and larger than normal, the way she stared, glared or looked at us (from behind her darkened shades, mind you) sent chills up and down our spines. The cops can't do anything about her unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join