It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you take the Red or the Blue Pill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I’m wondering if fellow ATSers have looked upon this source link as a tool for researching “stuff” in general?

Source

To dig or not to dig, that is the question.

Hmmm

“Freedom of Information Act audit finds systematic failures in tracking, processing, reporting, and no penalties”

Anybody got their “rocket-Scientist” goggles and coat on?

Publications

“Books by National Security Archive Staff and Fellows”

“Hide it in plain site.”

Israel and the bomb

There seems to be a lot of stuff to sink our researching fingertips into here.
I wouldn’t be opening any pdf documents…safety first!

I’m wondering why Archive staff are publishing books, while many FOIA documents are not being released. Refer to last link, now isn’t that suspicious?

The first link is just an ATS community service. What would you like to be the focus of this topic? I haven’t read any of the archive staff’s publications yet, I just find it peculiar that they are publishing these items. What is your take?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It's against the law for them to leak real info. So they write the books that are heavily sensored and only talking about the stuff they wont go to jail for.
I am very suprised tho,that noone has made a book and requested it to be published after they die.

Fear of family bieng targeted?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

Can't see why if it's published under a pseudonym.

And yes, you can publish books without anyone knowing your real name.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
It's against the law for them to leak real info. So they write the books that are heavily sensored and only talking about the stuff they wont go to jail for.
I am very suprised tho,that noone has made a book and requested it to be published after they die.

Fear of family bieng targeted?

Side note to mod; Thanks for finding a more suitable forum. I wasn't sure which forum it belonged.

So a document requested through the FOIA is illegal to disclose? That's why some items are either missing, or refused release?

I'm not sure if there is a document released explaining Israel having in their possession, "the bomb." It has been speculated though.

I suppose there could be books written with a request of postmortem publishing?

Not to take away from Einstein because he was an awesomely smart fellow, he did work as an intern prior to becoming a world renowned physicist? He could study up on stuff...

I'd like to see a whistle-blower who's worked as an archivist for the NSA!

Now that would be something to fear for family over.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

I agree with you and Whipsandchainsinamerica both.

The danger of publishing under a pseudonym doesn't come into play until the contents of the writing draws a flag.

I suppose.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Will you take the Red or the Blue Pill?

I have taken as many pills as I could get, not regularly but just enough to experiment and see things from a different perspective to know that it exists. Some where good, some where bad, some where really weird.

I’m wondering if fellow ATSers have looked upon this source link as a tool for researching “stuff” in general?

Not directly, but FIO requests are used by some sources.

I’m wondering why Archive staff are publishing books, while many FOIA documents are not being released. Refer to last link, now isn’t that suspicious?

There is heaps suspicious, many reasons but mainly defending the bad decisions.

What is your take?

Garbage In - Garbage Out. Do your homework and do not rely on just one source.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Yup.

Rely on one source?

I must have at the least 200 bookmarked pages I use to cross-reference items of interest.

Sometimes I kinda wished I had a more narrow spectrum of what interests me.

I bounce around alot.

top topics

join