It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture...End of the World... Really?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So we've all seen the threads talking about May 2011 and October 2011. The rapture is coming, the world's gonna end, yada yada yada etc. My question is... what about all the other alien civilizations? Are they not created by God too? What would save them from such a rapture and end of their world's? They've obviously been around for thousands and thousands if not millions of years to have mastered what they are capable of (disabling our nukes, instantaneous space travel, etc.) Also, we don't have any concrete evidence on alien life as of yet but supposedly there are malevolent and benevolent aliens. So if this is true, then obviously evil is still thriving somewhere in the cosmos and it didn't end their world's. God didn't strike them down for their evil deeds so I'm wondering why would he do so to us?

This is why I just don't buy into these predictions or any about the end of the world by God. Yes, even those in the bible and other books. I mean, unless there is no such thing as aliens then I guess it could be possible but in my opinion, the existence of alien life shoots all these predictions down. So I don't really buy into the 2011 date and 2012...? Not so sure either.

What do you guys think? Do you have an answer to why we're facing doom and they didn't? Our civilization is fairly young so why are we being struck down so soon?
edit on 30-12-2010 by conspiracy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Relax. There are a lot of lies, half truths & dis-info.

The world will not end. There. Feel better?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Relax. There are a lot of lies, half truths & dis-info.

The world will not end. There. Feel better?

You're cool.

Second line. Everyone he's cool.

Anyway, can someone actually provide some useful insight and opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
this is good stuff.....i never thought of that angle.....and i've been following this prophecy since the 60's.....i'll go thinkin now....back later

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I thought the Rapture was to just take all the good people away and leave us sinners behind?

I'm kinda hoping it does happen.. Just because not much of anything is interesting anymore and a worldwide event like that would be mighty entertaining.

Can't wait..
lol
edit on 12/30/2010 by WraithXV because: Added more to the post.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The probability of the end of this world cannot be introduced and discussed from three paragraphs. The internet is one big mofo in terms of information. What you need is some heavy research, get out there and read stuff, gather your opinions from it and base your conclusion on that, it's what I've done for years. When/if aliens show up or Jesus shows up or the earth's poles flip backwards, then you can double-check your info. But nothing is really proven until it's seen by your own eyes. Seeing is believing.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraithXV
I thought the Rapture was to just take all the good people away and leave us sinners behind?

I'm kinda hoping it does happen.. Just because it would be interesting and entertaining.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the rapture (taking of the good people) was followed by the destruction of the world. Also, don't the good people go up heaven with God? So let's say even if it wasn't followed by complete destruction then that leaves a world full of evil people. If this event is not just particular to Earth then where ever else this has happened only left nothing but evil. So everyone in the universe who has already been raptured is evil?

Edit: I don't know. It's just the God that I was brought up believing in (Christian God) is an impartial and fair creator of ALL things. So why would the rapture only be particular to us here on earth? Why would he create worlds full of nothing but good and others full of evil and others with both? Wouldn't it be easy to not do evil on a world of good since that's all you know and vice versa? Where would be the test of staying close to the light like Christian religions tell us?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
2011?!?! where are you getting these dates from?
Nevermind...

Nice post Conspiracy88... now here's my knowledge.

What if these highly advanced aliens came here, to Earth, and started playing God? Well... this is what happened. Look throughout history, the evidence is there. Ancient astronauts is a painfully obvious example. These Nordic/Reptilians also created all major religions and have been holding the masses in a death grip, especially spiritually.

The Mayans were outside of their influence and had a much more natural, organic, connection to the universe. They understood 2012 is a stepping up in evolution for us and the planet.

No alien race is capable of what Earth and us are about to become. That's the truth.

Why do you think they rely on manipulation and conspiracy so much? They are insanely jealous of our potential and the energetic codes held here. Sorry if I got a bit abstract, but that's how it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

I really hope you're right. That's the belief I like to hold onto although I don't really think we have anything concrete to point us in that direction. But if you have to believe in something might as well make it something good than something bad like the rapture right? I'd like to think I'm good and would go up with God but the Bible has so many rules. Rules that most of us don't even follow today but are huge no no's in the Bible.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

All too true.......anything is possible,,and visitors are indeed painfully obvious.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, everything is really just mixed up and jumbled...

Original Christianity and what's being practiced in the bible/church today are much different.

A video series that helped me out a lot was "Our Journey and the Grand Deception"... eh I'll just link it.
www.youtube.com...

Out of all the theories and stories out there... this man resonates the best with me and I have a hard time disproving him. Everything else I've followed has fallen away with enough research/experience, but this knowledge remains solid.

He calls it "universal truth"
edit on 30-12-2010 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Please consider that these civilizations may be on the same time line as the Earth.

Also consider that if you can allow that there are aliens and other world life forms, then likewise there is a God that is omnipotent and capable of handling multiple life-forms and civilizations... just as much evidence for one as the other.

Further, no where does the Bible say 2012 is the end...in fact, it states that not even Jesus knows when the end is... no man knows the hour or the day, but we will recognize the season.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

The majority of the people I hang with that believe in a rapture scenario (Evangelical Christians) do not believe in anyone in this universe other than Earth people, Satan and his minions, God and the Angels in Heaven. In order to rationalize it using their logic God would have no issue with the aliens (Satan and his minions fooling humanity) any more than he already has at the moment. If they truly were aliens perhaps they have other things to question other than how God could let it happen.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

we have exactly 743 years remaining.

just joking

-B.M

edit on 30/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You can look it up for your own context, but in Matthew, chapter 24, verse 36, it reads that "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

What God does with the extraterrestrials that may or may not exist is His business, not mine. More than that, though, I'm quite certain that the time of the rapture (or tribulation, or whatever you want to call it) won't be let out of the bag until God himself says so (and probably not until He gets the ball rolling). I think that for us to believe that we could calculate the exact date and time of something that Jesus himself admitted he didn't know is presumptuous and rude. Thus, if someone says that the world is ending tomorrow, or three years from now, or any amount of definite time in the future, I'm skeptical to believe them.

Oh, and for those of you who don't believe in the validity of the Bible at all, that's your perogative, but the OP did bring scripture into the conversation, so that's why I felt the need to go there.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The rapture is about as real as the toothfairy...

People should stop lookin in revelations to find insight, its a story used in the dark ages to strike fear into the cattle of the world....nothing more.

Prophets don't exist nor have they ever....which includes whoever wrote revelations.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy

The majority of the people I hang with that believe in a rapture scenario (Evangelical Christians) do not believe in anyone in this universe other than Earth people, Satan and his minions, God and the Angels in Heaven. In order to rationalize it using their logic God would have no issue with the aliens (Satan and his minions fooling humanity) any more than he already has at the moment. If they truly were aliens perhaps they have other things to question other than how God could let it happen.

I can agree with this comment. Christians always seem to be the ones who believe that ONLY the Earth holds any life. Now, I have absolutely no evidence or experience that might indicate that any other lifeforms exist in this universe but I do not presume to be so arrogant to think that we MUST be the only life. I do truly believe at this point that life here on Earth will end naturally when our sun finally goes nova at the end of its lifespan. Until then we all must persevere, as there is NO big change coming anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura

The Mayans were outside of their influence and had a much more natural, organic, connection to the universe. They understood 2012 is a stepping up in evolution for us and the planet.

Are you kidding? Ever read much? The Mayans cut the hearts out of their human sacrifices. You call that natural and organic? You think these conscience-less creatures had insight to 2012? Looks like you fall for anything.

Have you never read of the invasion of Cortez and how all the people were waiting for their "savior"? That's why they all sat on their butts and were conquered.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
So we've all seen the threads talking about May 2011 and October 2011. The rapture is coming, the world's gonna end, yada yada yada etc. My question is... what about all the other alien civilizations? Are they not created by God too? What would save them from such a rapture and end of their world's? They've obviously been around for thousands and thousands if not millions of years to have mastered what they are capable of (disabling our nukes, instantaneous space travel, etc.) Also, we don't have any concrete evidence on alien life as of yet but supposedly there are malevolent and benevolent aliens. So if this is true, then obviously evil is still thriving somewhere in the cosmos and it didn't end their world's. God didn't strike them down for their evil deeds so I'm wondering why would he do so to us?

This is why I just don't buy into these predictions or any about the end of the world by God. Yes, even those in the bible and other books. I mean, unless there is no such thing as aliens then I guess it could be possible but in my opinion, the existence of alien life shoots all these predictions down. So I don't really buy into the 2011 date and 2012...? Not so sure either.

What do you guys think? Do you have an answer to why we're facing doom and they didn't? Our civilization is fairly young so why are we being struck down so soon?

Excellent topic. I am not a theologian or expert, buy IMO it all boils down to this one idea. God created man in his own image. It's quite possible God created other worlds and civilizations, but decided with us to try something different. Apparently, the first batch didn't work out so well, so he went back to the drawing board with Noah and his crew. Then of course we had to have rules to guide our lives by, so we get the commandments and a whole other slew of rules.

Seeing that we couldn't handle all the rules, he gave us a way out. Sent his son Jesus to die for our sin's, and give us a shot at redemption. Again, we have a tendency to wait and try for the death-bed conversion, so God decides to scrap it all, and maybe try again at some later date.

Did he give this same deal to other life forms or worlds? Time will tell. Until then, I'm gonna ride with the crazy wacko's, and hope when the time comes, He will take me in the first wave. May even get to find out about those other life forms and stuff. God Bless, and hope to catch you on the other side...upside of course!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

So, if I am reading this correctly... You expect an advanced alien race to come along and save us from the wrath of God?

Am I getting the core of it all?

ET is going to save us from pissed off Jesus?

*sigh*

I suppose if you want to believe that something that you cannot prove even exists is going to be your salvation from the destructive acts of an equally unprovable entity - well no harm, no foul.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join