It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Slow Response Time: Server overload or DDOS attacks ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It seems that for some people it either doesn't connect or it goes very slow and for others it does work.

From what I can tell, it's not dependant on what part of the world you're from. I'm experiencing not being able to connect to the site whereas my friends can.

I just hope this will get rectified as soon as possible...I want my year to start with ATS

I know that the ATS Mods are onto the issue..they'll overcome it in no time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 30-12-2010 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

No, he acted like I offended his manhood or something! All I said was "What the heck is wrong with the internet?"

He's a crabby old fart, anyway!!
I mean, what is the use in his being the isp if I can't get a little help now and then?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's working well here right now. Though I have had a few problems at odd times over the last few days.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
*puts on tinfoil hat, "its echelon i tell ya!"

no slowness here in canada.

it makes me wonder though what safegaurds The Above Network uses to prevent/firewall Ddos attacks.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Add me to the "its slow" camp. Canada here.
For a while it looked to me like it was happening mid-day East Coast, North America. Now its seems to be a hit and miss kind of thing.
The last day or so its been better, but occasionally still having the "slowness" issue. The thought that goes thru my mind whenever it happens is that the "transmission" is going thru some "filter" process, or is being scanned by some third parties and thus slowing down.

I don't know if that is technically the way things work, but it does cross one's mind that some heavy monitoring is going on of this site and people who visit it resulting in a noticeable deterioration of speed.

The fact that the admins here have been so tight lipped and unresponsive only adds to the fear that something big has been going down behind the scenes.
edit on 12/31/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Add me to the "its slow" camp. Canada here.

The fact that the admins here have been so tight lipped and unresponsive only adds to the fear that something big has been going down behind the scenes.
edit on 12/31/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

Yes, I've got to admit that I'm somewhat surprised that not a single Mod has jumped in to give us anykind of feedback at all.
It's so obvious that there's an ATS issue but for some reason we're being kept in the dark.

C'mon Mods ... what's the problem with ATS speed recently ?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Earlier today, my screen went RED and had some weird message about "Attack Page". Then a little white later I couldn't go to my homepage (Yahoo). Some weird box kept popping us asking "Are you sure you want to leave this page". I ended up just manually turning the computer off for a couple of minutes and rebooted.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Get connection problems here due to weak network signal and bad weather.. Takes forever when it rains to connect..

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I too thought something was wrong with my own system. Glad to hear that's not it.

...The problems come and go - 'tis the nature of the beastie methinks, nothing to get upset about.

This is a HUGE site and SO and his team are always tinkering. Stuff is always happening - maybe a bug embedded in a photo or ad, who knows?

...They can't tell what the glitch is until they figure it out, and when they do identify the problem they just fix it - so what's the point in talking about it after the fact and creating pointless Board drama?

Still, it is good to know that it's not MY problem.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Working fine, no problems here in Kentucky.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It occured to me that there are a lot of kids home from school this time of year with not a lot to do due to the bad weather. It could just be heavy traffic. I'm feeling a slow down elsewhere on the web as well -- getting that odd page that just won't load every once in a while.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Over the past 3-4 weeks, there have been some back-end networking problems that required some significant efforts from our contract tech support crew to resolve. Intermittent issues were indeed causing a few issues that would cause both a slow page--render time, and slow access to the domain.

Based on yesterday's detailed monitoring analysis of all our servers, the issues appear to be fixed.

However, our hosting provider has also identified upstream issues with AT&T yesterday, and has been working to correct those as well.

If you continue to have issues, at the moment in time in which the issues occur, please run traceroutes to:
67.228.0.162 (our main IP address)
www.abovetopsecret.com
And either send the results to me in a private message, or email to bill /AT/ theabovenetwork.com

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks Bill.

You guys really are great.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
mine went down for about two hours here in England last night...but went to another site to check and it load so right away you know it is only site related....so no biggy....even though i may have suffered temporary mental issues for lack of contact i was able to overcome this by going out and causing public disturbances...I feel SO MUCH BETTER NOW.
I have also decided not to sue ATS for my temporary mental problems and am instead going to blame on New Years syndrome.....so all is good...
So Happy New Years to staff and crew of ATS....

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It's b a c k !!! Lost another post because the system came to a standstill. Was unable to retreive anything, ended up with a weird page with one blue lettered word saying "security" or something on it when I tried to re-load. I just gave up on posting anything at all on the thread I was on -- creative lightning only strikes once for me.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I just lost second last post. Usually I would copy a post as I go along, forgot this time and had to redo it, I also had to log in to renew, although I never logged out, but that happens all the time and is a bit of a pain. Lost post had a "security error" message. Also, when I got back the posting page from my history, it was in reply to someone else, and NOT who I was originally replying to.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join