Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why I believe Bush is a genius

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
supporting and participating are very different things.
Like I said before;
Any cell whose plan was to attack America, will continue to do so.
They've just added a bucketload of conscripts to supplement the numbers to hit us up in Iraq too.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I disagree on both points.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Bush is demonstrably not a genius.

His SATS and college performance are very far from genius levels. He would never have made it into Yale had it not been for an admissions program which gave preferential treatment to the children of alumni, the so-called legacy preference. That's the first - but certainly not the last - time that Daddy was solely responsible for Dubya's "success". Remarkably, Bush the Elder was also responsible for his son's unworthy admission to Harvard Business School - a school in which the average applicant has an 11% chance of being accepted, while the child or an alumnus has a 40% chance or better.

The poor dumb kid just wasn't smart enough on his own. Doesn't it break your heart?

I know that the pro-Bush camp like to ignore the vast tomes stuffed full of their President's idiotic mumblings and hilarious statements because they're "not important" or "taken out of context". And yet, if I was to post nonsense, lies and ignorant mistakes on ATS every day, wouldn't you think I was stupid? Why is Dubya forgiven, even when he is damned from his own mouth? Why is Dubya forgiven, not just once, but hundreds and hundreds of times?

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."
- Washington, D.C., January 29th, 2001

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."
Reynoldsburg, Ohio, October 4th, 2000

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."
Austin, Texas, December 20th, 2000

Shouldn't a genius - a genius graduate of Harvard Business School, no less - have at least a vague familiarity with English?

It isn't genius to cut taxes when your nation's debt is skyrocketing. It isn't genius to alienate your allies in Europe and beyond at a time when your nation is more vulnerable than ever. It isn't genius to tell journalists from all over the world that you're going to kick Saddam's ass out of Iraq and then try and fabricate evidence to justify it.

And it isn't genius to keep opening your damn mouth and letting your stupidity leak out.

Moreover, it's not just Bush who's dumb, but the people who voted for him. I normally hate this kind of generalised judgement, but in view of the frankly sickening and unfounded views expressed by some contributors to this thread - not to mention TrueLies' laughable "theory" - I'll make an exception.

This table shows an interesting relationship between the average IQ of a given State, the average income in that State, and how that State voted in the 2000 election.

What's that? Poor, dumb people tend to vote Republican?

Well, duh!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Actually cutting taxes in a period of rising government debt is one of the best ways to improve the economy. The citizens have more available capital to spend (which is worth several times more to the economy than the same amount collected in taxes) And the governments increased spending puts that capital that was collected in the form of taxes into the private sector which again is used more efficiently. The simple fact is (as any economist will tell you) That 1 dollar in the economy creates 3-4 dollars while a dollar collected as tax creates at best 1.5 dollars.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Okay, mwm1331, let's assume that I'm prepared to accept the statement that lowering taxes reduces national debt - and, like all economic information, there is a overwhelming amount of evidence for both sides.

Assuming I concede that point in the spirit of generosity, what about the rest?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The legacy program got him in to Harvard and Yale but his work kept him there. The fact that he has a Masters from Harvard business school is proof that he is not stupid as even with the legacy program he still had to earn his grades himself.
as for his cmments I believe he has a speech disorder which has nothing to do with intellgence. As for why he has not admitted it, considering the attitude of the average American torwards those with disabillities, were I in his shoes I wouldent either. After all better people think your stupid than retarded.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Cutting taxes isnt a great idea during National Debt (I'm not an economist, I'm a physicist, bear that in mind)..
By increasing taxes, people will realize they have less cash at hand, and as such, will spend less, therefore less personal debt.
An increase in taxes means the federal government has more income, therefore reducing the amount of loans they need to take to supplement the income to match expenditure...
Therefore the deficit decreases..

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Anyway, when you're taught by the best teachers in the world, a good degree isnt hard, as long as you work for it... It doesnt take much intelligence.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Browha thats my point excatly. The only way to stimulate the economy is to get people to spend MORE. If they spend less then the economy as a whole suffers. Personal debt is good for the economy because it increases the amount of money in circulation, and every time a dollar changes hands the economy improves. The government payng down the National debt does nothing to improve the economy as that money goes to foreign creditors. The reason that increasing the deficit and lowering taxes improves the economy is that the people are better at making money work than the government. While the government wastes most of the money it puts its hands to private citizens put that money to work. Either by spending it at the store which improves the economy or using it to start a business which employs workers. Either way a dollar in your hand is worth 3 dollars while that same dollar in the governments hand is worth from .75 to 1.5 dollars.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Also do you know the primary way the government borrows money? Thats right bonds, T-bills 10 year notes etc. The government then pays the interest to investors who use that money to invest in companies which in turn improves the economy.

And if you thnk its easy to get a masters degree from Harvard business school thnk again or better yet ask a graduate.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by mwm1331]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Come on, whether Bush is a genius or not may never be known, but someone in his administration is,

legislation he sponsors is named

No Child Left Behind

and the

PATRIOT act

Who could vote against something named those things?

"I am voting against No Child Left Behind"

One Georgia congressman even lost his midterm election because his opponent ran ads saying he was un-patriotic because he had voted against the PATRIOT act.

There is someone up there with some brains!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
BTW strangelands I never said that lowereing taxes reduces the national debt just that it improved the economy. However my question is What makes you think that National Debt s bad in the first place?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
BTW strangelands I never said that lowereing taxes reduces the national debt just that it improved the economy. However my question is What makes you think that National Debt s bad in the first place?

Sorry, mwm1331, I assumed your point was that, by extension, an improved economy would lead to a lower national debt.

Bearing in mind that I'm not an economist either, I believe the main problem with a national debt as excessively large as the one currently serviced by the US is that the money which goes towards paying off the interest on the debt would be better spent on public services - or, bearing in mind you're currently in GOP hell, giving more tax cuts to Halliburton.

Despite fashionable views that a grossly inflated national debt can actually be a benefit to the economy during period of recession, established thinking - not to mention common sense - tells us that the less money spent on servicing a debt, the more money there is to spend on the country. And that is what you pay - albeit grudgingly - your tax dollars for, isn't it?

On the subject of Harvard, I'm sure that any student, once accepted, could coast to a Masters with little effort, particularly if Daddy's already grooming him as a future POTUS. I don't say that to denigrate those men and women who have worked hard for their qualifications, but there is ample evidence of Bush coasting to mediocrity in other areas of his life, so why do you assume that he was any different at Harvard?

He coasted into Yale, he coasted through his military "service", he coasted into Harvard, he coasted his way through his "business" career, and he coasted into the White House, assisted at every step by a battalion of Daddy's golf buddies.

And I thought Americans respected hard work!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Is Bush a genius?

"We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans. "

- George W. Bush

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Strangeland
I'm venture capatalist not an economist the difference is that economists teach others so if thier wrong no big deal. For a guy like me if I'm wrong I go broke and end up homeless(again).
Lets talk about debt on the national level. Number 1 who does the government owe the debt to? The awnser is for the most part, me and you. The government finances the bulk of its debt through publicly sold bonds. The interest paid on that debt goes to the bondholders. Now who are the average bondholders. The elderly, retired,wealthy, corportions, banks, etc.
I am one of the U.S. governments creditors myself. So the government is borrowing money from us through these bonds and paying us interest which is tax free in return. Now what do we do with ths money? well it depends some maybe 25% as a rough guess is reinvested into more bonds, or stocks. But the vast majority goes straight back into the economy becuase its used for living expenses medication, loans or businesses. So after leaving the governments hands this money lets use a hypothetical figure of 10 million in debt 2.5 million has been either put back n thier hands or been put into the stock market whch unless its being invested at the I.P.O. or Private Placement stage is going to another investor. But the other 7.5 million was put into the economy however it doesn't stop there because this cash is still flowing. You see the monies loaned were loaned out to buy cars, houses, consumer goods, or start businesses. Now that creates new money in the pockets of salesmen, clerks, contractors,inspectors, factory workers, etc. By this stage the 7.5 has grown into at least 15-20 million The monies spent do the same. But finally those employees, compamies etc have expenses of ther own, purchases to make, people to Hire etc. and before this cash stops flowing its mushroomed into 20-30 million. Now remove my hypothetical number plug in the real debt and think about it.
Now my queston is what makes you think national debt is bad exactly?

[edit on 8-7-2004 by mwm1331]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
mwm1331,

You wanted links, well this is a site with the links to each of those statements and they come from news papers in US. Obviously you need to read you newspapers more often, and have fun with the links.

And it even give you the days when the articles were posted.

www.wage-slave.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
mwm1331,

As I said, I'm no economist, so I have no choice but to concede the point. Some of the logic regarding the potential benefits of a large debt seems significantly flawed to me, but I don't have time to conduct the research right now, so I can't in good conscience oppose you.

It is worth noting, however, that Dubya promised that he would lower the national debt - see here - and yet still pushed through his tax cuts. Lies, stupidity, or just incompetence?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I saw Bush and "genius" in the same sentence and assumed this was in the joke forum.....

*takes off his Bush mask and sulks away....*

If Bush IS in Mensa, then I'm definitely not joining now, hehe... I passed their little tests, but I don't need to be surrounded by a bunch of fellow geeks and nerds to feel good about myself, hehe....

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Marg- The "source" you provided is a website run by an admitted bush supporter who has in the two most recent enteries of his "timeline of evil" misrepresented himself twice.

Bush likes to say that his enormous tax cuts that give hundreds of billions of dollars to America's wealthiest people are job-creation programs.

this is whats known as a lie by omission. while the bush tax cut plan did give tax cuts to the wealthy, it is not in the "hundreds of billions" range also the fact is (as I have shown in numerous posts the tax cut for the lower 50% of tx brackets and incomes is greater than for the upper income brackets.

Well, the EPA probably has a lot of money sitting around, what with it not enforcing environmental regulations anymore. So why not spend some of that dough getting President Bush reelected? The EPA runs Spanish-language ads on radio touting the Bush environmental policies that destroy the environment.

Using EPA funds to "tout" EPA plicies is what the money was meant for

Considering that this site is not either a impartial nor accurate news source I can not accept the validity of your points.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What do you expect about the link? that is going to be run by a bush supporter, and the links are real, so you ask for links and I gave them to you. No hard feelings here, OK.

I can tell you one thing about the tax cut by experience, I have two children and where is my money? I have gotten nothing from that tax cut.

It have not benefit me and my family on anything, I paid for my medical, dental, insurance I do not qualify for any type of help, and now that one is seventeen and one twenty full time college student I feel that I have been punish I got a cut on them because they are over 16 and I don't ge child income credit but they still full time student and at home. Whoa families like me got the short end of the deal.

The low income have a lousy check the rich does not have to worry and is people like me caught in the middle that actually the tax cut is more harm than good.

I still pay the same amount of taxes and I see not relief in my near future.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by marg6043]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join