It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe Bush is a genius

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
1) many people are saying that the war in Iraq has increased terror on a globl scale and at first glance it is true. However terror attacks on america have decreased significantly. By invading Iraq Bush created a flashpoint for terrorist 'son the other side of the world from America. Terrorists who would have come to the states instead went to fight us in Iraq. While the death of our service men is regrettable I would rather see our people fighting terrorism in Iraq than at the mall.
2) the tax cut plan advanced by Bush cut the maximum tax rate by 11% however contrary to his critics claims of a tax "cut for the rich" the tax rate at the lowest end of the income scale was lowered by 50%. The lowest tax braket was changed from 15% to 10%. In fact according to the Treasury Department's estimate for 2004 50% of all tax brakets (the lowest 50% by income level, by the way) will pay 16% less tax than in 2003 or 2002
3) The Moon to Mars initiative is the largest budget increase in recent NASA history. (thier budget was cut under Clinton)
4) He got you all to think he was dumb so the Dems would underestimate him.
5)it says so in wikpedia Direct quote
Before assuming the presidency, Bush was a businessman and served as Governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000.He is also a member of MENSA and is widely regrded by scientists as the "Smartest Man Alive"He is the son of former President George Herbert Walker Bush and the brother of Florida Governor Jeb Bush.

The last two points were in the spirit of humor

[edit on 7-7-2004 by mwm1331]

[edit on 7-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

"He is widely regarded by scientists as the Smartest Man Alive"

This is a joke right ?

It's still Americans being killed in this "Flashpoint" in Iraq he's created.

That's really clever.

Sorry I can't take this very seriously.

Bush and Genius in the same sentence.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes it is But they are Americans who have been trained to deal with terrorism, with the equipment to do so, who have volunteered to do so. As opposed to a soccer mom and her kids, or an elderly woman buying medication.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
"they are Americans who have been trained to deal with terrorism"

- Was I AWOL on that day? Anybody else, from any of the branches, trained to fight "terrorists" in an urban theater, door to door?
It ain't just me? That's a relief!

So a plan, scoffed at by each of the Generals, Shwartzkopf to Zinni to Franks, who had that region under their auspice, is now a stroke of genius?

So you'd rather see less inspection of the meat in your burger, or have the kids school week cut by half, both due to underfunding, so we can go to Mars?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bout time my point is that the U.S. soldiers were trained to deal with violence, a civillian was not. A soldier has backup, support, and a weapon, a civillian sitting at a cafe when a carbomb goes off does not. When you enlist in the armed forces you do so knowing you may be sent into harms way. A civilian who wakes up and goes to work does not. I mourn the death of every U.S. solder, but thier lives are not being wasted. Every terrorist attacking soldiers in Iraq is not on U.S. soil attackng U.S. civillians. We have indications that terrorists from Iran, Syria, and Afghanistan are fighting in Iraq, isnt that better than them walking down mainstreet U.S.A.? The soldiers at least have a chance, what chance did those in the twin towers have? As for meat inspection and education why does increasng NASAs budget have to mean decreasing thiers? There is a lot of fat to trim in the U.S. government but the agency that brought us Apollo and Cassini isnt fat.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by mwm1331]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Of course nobody expects soccer moms and grandmothers to go out and fight - the demographics of the troops is of little concern, it's a over streteched army fighting for causes that Bush cannot even provide support for, WMD...before the attacks on 9/11, the Bush administration flalty denied that Iraq was in possesion or capable of producing mass destruction - Bush utilized the attacks as an excuse to link the terrorist activity of the Taliban and Al Queda to Iraq, which also has yet to been proven...

The man is riding blind-folded backwards on a horse going nowhere and some people out there think he's actually got a road map hidden away somewhere...he is a man, by no means completely ignorant, who is more fit for a lifetime career at McDonalds - he was handed this election by his father, friends and other family members, just like everything else in his life, and once again he has managed to screw it all up - if that's being a genius, then I'd hate to know what stupid is...

While the death of our service men is regrettable I would rather see our people fighting terrorism in Iraq than at the mall.

We may have less attacks...but it a general sense, when we do have one, we have it easy...All around the world terrorist attacks that the US media and our government call "tragedies" occur on a consistant basis and we either turn a blind eye to it or are forced to use the UN and our troops stationed abroad to resolve these issues and "instill" democracy - like we're the Romans, assimilating and installing our own form of government for the "heathens"

He got you all to think he was dumb so the Dems would underestimate him.

And a fine job he did at that...........he can stop now tho........he's had us since day one....

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
1) many people are saying that the war in Iraq has increased terror on a globl scale and at first glance it is true. However terror attacks on america have decreased significantly. By invading Iraq Bush created a flashpoint for terrorist 'son the other side of the world from America. Terrorists who would have come to the states instead went to fight us in Iraq. While the death of our service men is regrettable I would rather see our people fighting terrorism in Iraq than at the mall.

Hey, how many true international terrorist attacks in America were there BEFORE 9/11? Not very many. The terrorism in America has not changed. There was one 'major' event over a long period of time, and everyone calls that a decrease in terrorism. I personally predict a HUGE terrorist attack this summer, perhaps involving dirty bombs or nuclear weapons.. Certainly I will tell you over 10,000 dead.. I'm not saying I've had a psychic prediction, I'm just saying that's what I would do if I was in his position now. Let's also not forget about aborted terrorist attacks or those caught out by the police.. How many stinger missiles have been sold to FBI agents on undercover operations? There is still a fair bit of terrorism. Just because they arent attacking you every day now doesnt mean it's decreased, especially since they werent attacking you every day before.

3) The Moon to Mars initiative is the largest budget increase in recent NASA history. (thier budget was cut under Clinton)

So? How is that a sign of intelligence?

5)it says so in wikpedia Direct quote
Before assuming the presidency, Bush was a businessman and served as Governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000.He is also a member of MENSA and is widely regrded by scientists as the "Smartest Man Alive"He is the son of former President George Herbert Walker Bush and the brother of Florida Governor Jeb Bush.

Scientists dont get involved in the whole intelligence thing, because, simply put, intelligence measurement isnt scientific. To qualify that statement however, all it would take would be one drunkard scientist having a laugh with a friend.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Browha his job isnt to make the world safer but to make America safer.
What if the only reason we went to Iraq was to create a situation that would divert terrorist's to Iraq so they would not attack U.S. Soil? What if he is intentionally sacrificing our soldiers to keep our civillians safe? Would ANY president admit that. Granted its a rather Machavellian theroy but does that mean it has no merit? It does fit the evidence doesn't it? It explains why we went and why we used WMDs as an excuse (if thats what we did)
Think about If you could sacrifice 1000 soldiers to safeguard 260,000,000 civillians would you?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Because NASA represents the future of the human species browha.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
hehehe.. not really.
Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism.. There is only terrorism there BECAUSE of Americans being there. If he wanted to divert terrorists from america into the middle east, hit Afghanistan (thumbs up), Khazakstan, Chechnya, Pakistan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran...

I noticed in your signature that you put 'Americans are god's chosen people'...
Any evidence for this?
That's the most arrogant ego-centric statement I've ever heard.
I bet you're one of those people who think Jesus spoke English..

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Because NASA represents the future of the human species browha.

I've decided that Bush is a genius.. relative to you.
NASA represents the Government's will in space. There are dozens of companies out there who can launch spacecraft at profitable amounts, ten-hundred fold cheaper than NASA.
Why are you darn Americans so ego-centric? There is A WHOLE OTHER world out there! NASA represents the future of a select few who get to go into space. Colonization of planets is never going to be really practical, it would take too much energy to get to any habitable planet in a reasonable amount of time (f=ma), too much time, etc...
It's not going to happen, the only place we will habit in the next thousand years is perhaps Mars or Venus

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Bush is not using Iraq to solve terrorism, it's the other way around. He used terrorism as an excuse to invade Iraq. Right from the start of his presidency, months before 11th September 2001, he was showing signs of his intention to attack Iraq.

Iraq has not diverted terrorism to the middle east away from America, because pre and post-9/11 there have been little or no Islamic terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. There was only one big attack, and I doubt there will be another on the same scale.

Bush is no genius. He has proved this with his irresponsible actions in hastily invading Iraq with no proper plans in place for the occupation, and dealing with the aftermath.

I agree with your point on NASA insofar as space exploration is the future of the human race, but it need not happen so quickly. There is very little immediate reason to go to Mars. And when the need arises, I can only hope the efforts to go there are not dominated by a country run by a man as aggressive, arrogant, and yes - stupid - as Bush.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
It's not going to happen, the only place we will habit in the next thousand years is perhaps Mars or Venus

No point in going to Venus, the air pressure would crush a human body, the atmosphere is highly toxic and it's far too hot to inhabit because of proximity to the Sun. Mars maybe...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

TextBefore assuming the presidency, Bush was a businessman and served as Governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000.He is also a member of MENSA and is widely regrded by scientists as the "Smartest Man Alive"He is the son of former President George Herbert Walker Bush and the brother of Florida Governor Jeb Bush.

He was also an alcoholic and a junky until age 28, and a fundamentalist reborn christian.

He is still a moron to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If Clinton was a druggie or Kerry for that matter you guys would say
" well it doesn't matter now, he's cleaned up, you can't judge a person by what they did when they were young and stupid"...

But because he's on the other side of the fence that doesn't apply...

Quite hypocritical actually...

So what , he drank and drugged out, your going to judge him now by what he did in the past??

mwm, I think that was excellent research you did...
However, don't bother turning blue in the face because obviously these people aren't worth it, you could present them with facts and figures and they still wouldn't listen, your better off talking to a wall.

Liberals are doom and gloom thinkers, everything is coming to end because a republican is in office, omgosh! The economy has been ruined like it was in the great depression.
Fact: You can take facts and figures out of any book and pick and choose which ones you want to back up your argument, just like Micheal Moore did.

The other thing they bitch about is Iraq.

Well you could be right mwm, at this point, it's whoever's personal truth that matters... Neither side gives a # about what the other is thinking...

They think Bush is a Moron, we think Kerry is a pussy, has no backbone, and changes his mind, even his wife said it..

Remember Heinz was asked who Kerry is going to pick as v.p?
And she said it depends on what time of the day it is because he changes his mind so often...
How the hell can you elect a numb skull like that as president?

My conclusion: You must be a real #ING IDIOT.........

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Its people like you TrueLies, the ones who have no middle ground, that make fighting for what you believe in a worthless effort...you can both go talk to the wall - their should be plenty of walls left for other people who can't post their opinions without constantly bashing the other side - a little bit here and there is good, but you seem to think everyone is against you b/c they don't share your political beliefs...where would anyone be if certain events in history were never questioned but just silently accepted?!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Reverse psychology how cute.

Again I say riiiight....

Republicans and Democrats have always been at verbal war over their ideologies, republicans think they have built their foundation on morals , logic , and, ideas.

Democrats haven't stepped up to the plate yet to show the world what they believe in, they just show us what they don't believe in.

With a pessimistic attitude it's hard to go far. When your pessimistic it's doubtful you'll listen to facts and statistics presented at the table because you got such a bitter and sour taste in your mouth... So inded it would be hard to listen...

When republicans don't listen to democrats it's because their sick of them bitching and whining all the time, so they just close their ears. It's like the little boy who cried wolf..

[Edited on 7-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh yes,

and you can keep pointing fingers to everyone else but yourself, but it is what it is no matter how hard you wanna keep that finger from pointing to yourself....

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Whatever man....You can stereotpye all you want , but I see no point carrying on a conversation with someone who is incapable of listening

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Whatever man....You can stereotpye all you want , but I see no point carrying on a conversation with someone who is incapable of listening

Funny , that's what I was just telling mwm about you guys...

See what politics does, it closes the doors to objectivism and opens the door to the blame game.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join