It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Englishman EVER!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What's amazing is that you thought no one would call you out on this idiotic worship of the Evil that was Cromwell...your clear contempt and scapgoating of all the native Celtic people....The Irish,the Scots,The Welsh...were warred upon by all the variations that were Cromwell and his ilk...Fong them all.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And Churchill kept the evil and the death camps of the Nazis from the world - not just your island. The World. And the British people stood firm behind him, for three long years alone in the world. Now isn't that something to be proud of?

I am an American, and yet I am damned proud of the English people for this.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on December 30th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nivekronnoco
What's amazing is that you thought no one would call you out on this idiotic worship of the Evil that was Cromwell...your clear contempt and scapgoating of all the native Celtic people....The Irish,the Scots,The Welsh...were warred upon by all the variations that were Cromwell and his ilk...Fong them all.

Amen. You said that marvelously.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Yissachar1

After 4 years in Ireland nearly 25% of the population had been killed . That is genocidal proportions Yissachar1, something I would of imagined you would of appreciated given your religious heritage .

You blame the wrong people

Those damn scottish were the source of your woes..

Right. Like the Scots invaded the English first? I think not.

Wasn't it the Scots who held the Romans at bey, after you English had given up and given in?

Hadrian built his wall not to keep the Scots in, but to keep them out, and the Romans safe from them.

Nope

They were relentless in their raids into English land and the English reciprocated..

Did you think that the cattle stole and people killed would go unavenged or unanswered?

In the end of the day it was the Scotts who litterally begged for the union whilst us English remain the fall guy for your and welsh crap..

Amazing!
edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

And I used to think that Americans were uneducated in our homeland's history. Carry on.

BTW: what do the Welsh have to do with this convo? A proud people to be sure, like the Irish and the Scots. So now you're broadening your exophobic nature now are you?

Loads

Do I have to do your research?

Or you going to make false comments that i am a racist?

Be a moron or get educated

Enough resulting to insults: insults are the last refuge for those losing an argument.

I never called you a moron (as you just did me) or a racist. I simply said that you are a exophobic.

I am sure you can find a dictionary and look up the term if you try.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

My family was with Helen of Wales when we took all the artifacts from Jerusalem..

I was named after Capel Curig..

At least Cromwell stood for the comman man..

The rest stood for themselves

I will give you some un placent true celtic history if you?want filled with greedy wankers,

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So...your proud to be descended from the murderous rapists of the Holy City...The people who victimized native populations all over the world...The same people who planned and executed the 'Potato Famine' which of course was deliberate biological warfare against Irelands native Gaels...
Oh...and I'm an O'Connor ...descendant of Concubaire...Last of the True Kings in Ireland...Cromwell blew Donkeys!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Have you ever walked the lonesome hills
And heard the curlews cry
Or seen the raven black as night
Upon a windswept sky
To walk the purple heather
And hear the westwind cry
To know that's where the rapparee must die
Since Cromwell pushed us westward
To live our lowly lives
There's some of us have deemed to fight
From Tipperary mountains high
Noble men with wills of iron
Who are not afraid to die
Who'll fight with gaelic honour held on high
A curse upon you Oliver Cromwell
You who raped our Motherland
I hope you're rotting down in hell
For the horrors that you sent
To our misfortunate forefathers
Whom you robbed of their birthright
"To hell or Connaught" may you burn in hell tonight
Of one such man I'd like to speak
A rapparee by name and deed
His family dispossessed and slaughtered
They put a price upon his head
His name is known in song and story
His deeds are legends still
And murdered for blood money
Was young Ned of the hill
A curse upon you Oliver Cromwell
You who raped our Motherland
I hope you're rotting down in hell
For the horrors that you sent
To our misfortunate forefathers
Whom you robbed of their birthright
"To hell or Connaught" may you burn in hell tonight
You have robbed our homes and fortunes
Even drove us from our land
You tried to break our spirit
But you'll never understand
The love of dear old Ireland
That will forge an iron will
As long as there are gallant men
Like young Ned of the hill

I hope your having a laugh Mr average Englishman

Cromwell is the great bogey-man of Irish folk memory, infamous for his sacking of Drogheda and the policy of plantation which followed his defeat of the Irish rebels. The choice he offered the vanquished Irish was stark: "To hell or to Connacht!"
A fine example of what Cromwell's policy entailed is described in the lament, O'Dwyer of the Glen. The O'Dwyers, a County Tipperary family, had their woodlands cut down by Cromwell's forces to prevent guerilla warfare. Diarmaid Ó Duibhir was chief of the O'Dwyers of Kilnamanagh who lived in Cloniharp Castle in County Tipperary. Seán Ó Duibhir (John O'Dwyer) was Diarmaid's son. He may have fought in south-east Ireland with his uncle, Colonel Éamonn Ó Duibhir, against Cromwell. In 1651 Éamonn Ó Duibhir surrendered and, along with 4,500 of his men, joined the Spanish army. He was killed at Arras in August 1654.

edit on 30-12-2010 by spungy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Cromwell fought back catholicism that our own king was going to place on our shoulders via french and irish soldoers.. Same as Hitler who was made king by pope pius who disbanded the catholic party in germany and ordered tbem to vote for Hitler..

Cromwell kept the vatican evil from our island.

The English were at the time engaging in expansionism ....... later going on to colonise the Caribbean, North America, India etc etc.

Since you brought Hitler into the mix .....

Did he not engage in a similar process of colonisation and resettlement of Jews ? Dispossession of property /ethnic cleansing etc.

lebensraum - achieved by killing 25 % of the Irish population and sowing the seeds of hatred and distrust which we continue to reap today - albeit a wound which is slowly healing.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I reckon the OP didnt know about any of this before posting....

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So...your proud to be descended from the murderous rapists of the Holy City...The people who victimized native populations all over the world...The same people who planned and executed the 'Potato Famine' which of course was deliberate biological warfare against Irelands native Gaels...
Oh...and I'm an O'Connor ...descendant of Concubaire...Last of the True Kings in Ireland...Cromwell blew Donkeys!!!!!!

You realy beleve that crap?

England was about to be engulfed by some vatican army that was bought and paid for through the tretchory of its own king?

That same familiy that bought on the crusade that we regected???

Yet my Irish brothers are still blind to the vatican that rapes his kids?

Carry on being conroled!

Whilst I who can trace my family to ancient Jews can also give thanks to being longbowmen at Agioncourt...

And soldiers now..

edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

An American here with an opinion....

Greatest Englishman ever.. that one guy I see on TV a lot... ummmm...

Camilla Parker Bowles.

~Heff
edit on 12/30/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
E

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Cromwell fought back catholicism that our own king was going to place on our shoulders via french and irish soldoers.. Same as Hitler who was made king by pope pius who disbanded the catholic party in germany and ordered tbem to vote for Hitler..

Cromwell kept the vatican evil from our island.

The English were at the time engaging in expansionism ....... later going on to colonise the Caribbean, North America, India etc etc.

Since you brought Hitler into the mix .....

Did he not engage in a similar process of colonisation and resettlement of Jews ? Dispossession of property /ethnic cleansing etc.

lebensraum - achieved by killing 25 % of the Irish population and sowing the seeds of hatred and distrust which we continue to reap today - albeit a wound which is slowly healing.

Well

Throughout your neautrality in ww2 you allowed your land and waters to be used against the allies..

Maybe nazism suits the irish with catholksm?

Or the irish nazis???

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

This is clearly ridiculous....and no,I don't realy believe my 'crap'...I really believe it.
Once a squarehead...always a square head...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

An American here with an opinion....

Greatest Englishman ever.. that one guy I see on TV a lot... ummmm...

Camilla Parker Bowles.

~Heff
edit on 12/30/10 by Hefficide because: typo

Oy leave the royal Nag alone (lol). She may give me a nightmare at this hour.

Anyway any idea of the greatest Englishman is completely dumb and belongs in the realm of cheap Television like the 100 greatest toys or something. To reduce an ancient population like the English to one greatest person is completely dumb. To fall over over Cromwell given his antics is beyond belief!

edit on 30-12-2010 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What the hell?

Im Australian and this is the first Ive heard about the Scotts coming over here and mass murdering aboriginals. Thats completely incorrect...I have no idea where you got that idea

Stop blaming non english people for crimes and atrocities caused by the englsih. You guys are not perfect

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well I have to take issue with the Englishmen you revere because he did murder lots of Irish and I have Scotts-Irish blood so I do take offense to that. However if I had to take my vote I would give it to Benjamin Disraeli, he was a champion of Traditionalist Conservatism and Nationalism. Two things I do admire.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Alright. This is obviously a heated topic, but please remember Courtesy Is Mandatory. And even if you disagree with someone, you must do so in a courteous manner. Name calling, attacks or rude behavior will be tollerated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join