It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Greatest Englishman EVER!

page: 1
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Whenever my blood is questioned, and honour of true English has been usurped by morons not even fit to call themselves Englishmen, I revert to the truest embassador of English character and righteousness befitting our lineage and force for good who championed the man on the street and so called nobles as equals..

This man took the head of a king and bought this land into a golden age where the common man also had access to education and whose vote really meant something.

That man was Oliver Cromwell, the Lord Protector of Great Britain..

Churchill was nothing compared to him and he even disolved parliament for not doing its job;



It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money. money. Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth? Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors. In the name of God, go!


If only we had such a man today!

Our social issues would dissolve in righteousness and not pc..

Common sense would prevail and so would pride..

But common sense is a pc enemy..


Time to get rid.of morons... Common sense

edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


If the true English character includes massacring the Irish then you could be right.
He isn't a representation of anything that I would like to think of as part of my heritage.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


If the true English character includes massacring the Irish then you could be right.
He isn't a representation of anything that I would like to think of as part of my heritage.



Actually it was the Scotts who made the troubles.. Scottish landowners.

Easy to forget huh?

Same goes for the slave trade.

Englismen fought to stop it whilst Scottish plantation owners lobbied against it.

What about the Australian Aborigines?

Yep

Again those Scottish settlers burying them to their heads then kicking them


The put it all on the English!
edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


This Irishman begs to differ ......

Oliver Cromwell:


the truest embassador of English character and righteousness ...


I should hope not.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Winston Churchill described the impact of Cromwell on Anglo-Irish relations:

...upon all of these Cromwell's record was a lasting bane. By an uncompleted process of terror, by an iniquitous land settlement, by the virtual proscription of the Catholic religion, by the bloody deeds already described, he cut new gulfs between the nations and the creeds. 'Hell or Connaught' were the terms he thrust upon the native inhabitants, and they for their part, across three hundred years, have used as their keenest expression of hatred 'The Curse of Cromwell on you.' ... Upon all of us there still lies 'the curse of Cromwell'


ya he sounds great.................................

edited t add: being an american i have to admit they do not teach near enough about europe in schools over here so i do not know as much as i should and i am sure every man can and does have faults but everything i have heard about winston churchill has made me think he was a remarkable person.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think history would tend to disagree with you there link yes I know it's wikipedia
I'm sure some people with better historical knowledge then I can add to the debate.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
Winston Churchill described the impact of Cromwell on Anglo-Irish relations:

...upon all of these Cromwell's record was a lasting bane. By an uncompleted process of terror, by an iniquitous land settlement, by the virtual proscription of the Catholic religion, by the bloody deeds already described, he cut new gulfs between the nations and the creeds. 'Hell or Connaught' were the terms he thrust upon the native inhabitants, and they for their part, across three hundred years, have used as their keenest expression of hatred 'The Curse of Cromwell on you.' ... Upon all of us there still lies 'the curse of Cromwell'


ya he sounds great.................................


Actually

The main reason for the civil war was that charles the first had the vaticans blessing to raise an irish army against the English to support his rule and further catholicism as a political force..

The vatican made mischief with irish blood to make a foothold in england.. And you fell for it

As usual



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


After 4 years in Ireland nearly 25% of the population had been killed . That is genocidal proportions Yissachar1, something I would of imagined you would of appreciated given your religious heritage .



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Whenever my blood is questioned, and honour of true English has been usurped by morons not even fit to call themselves Englishmen, I revert to the truest embassador of English character and righteousness befitting our lineage and force for good who championed the man on the street and so called nobles as equals..

This man took the head of a king and bought this land into a golden age where the common man also had access to education and whose vote really meant something.

That man was Oliver Cromwell, the Lord Protector of Great Britain..

Churchill was nothing compared to him and he even disolved parliament for not doing its job;



It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money. money. Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth? Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors. In the name of God, go!


If only we had such a man today!

Our social issues would dissolve in righteousness and not pc..

Common sense would prevail and so would pride..

But common sense is a pc enemy..


Time to get rid.of morons... Common sense

edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)


Cromwell was a maniac and a fool. Churchill had the right of it.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Regardless of what particular bits of history you believe or don't believe , if we are going to give out votes for the greatest Englishman then I would hesitate to include anyone that was in any way involved with any kind of massacre and that includes Churchill too (not for his action in WW2 but some of his actions before that) .

Especially when we have people like Isaac Newton, William Herschel, Tommy Flowers and Arthur Paul Pedrick, inventor of the Chromatically selective cat flap to choose from
edit on 30-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


After 4 years in Ireland nearly 25% of the population had been killed . That is genocidal proportions Yissachar1, something I would of imagined you would of appreciated given your religious heritage .


You blame the wrong people


Those damn scottish were the source of your woes..



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   





One bought England into a golden age that laid the foundation of Newton whilst the other was an adventurer who happened on the right place and time like teddy..



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


After 4 years in Ireland nearly 25% of the population had been killed . That is genocidal proportions Yissachar1, something I would of imagined you would of appreciated given your religious heritage .


You blame the wrong people


Those damn scottish were the source of your woes..



Right. Like the Scots invaded the English first? I think not.

Wasn't it the Scots who held the Romans at bey, after you English had given up and given in?

Hadrian built his wall not to keep the Scots in, but to keep them out, and the Romans safe from them.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   




Cromwell never faced such a situation as Churchill - Britain being isolated, a last bastion of democracy against a force that would have enslaved the world. When Britain took up arms against the Nazis, it would be three long years that they faced alone.

Tell me how Cromwell ever faced such a decisive point.

Britain, alone - held the darkness back for so long by itself under Churchill.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


After 4 years in Ireland nearly 25% of the population had been killed . That is genocidal proportions Yissachar1, something I would of imagined you would of appreciated given your religious heritage .


You blame the wrong people


Those damn scottish were the source of your woes..



Are you referring to the settlers ? The Ulster plantation etc. ?

It was the new model army that did the slaughtering Yissachar1 .

A stark example of militarism and religious zealotry which is still with us today. Humans often do the most depraved things with god on their side. Sadly we have no shortage of such examples today.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


After 4 years in Ireland nearly 25% of the population had been killed . That is genocidal proportions Yissachar1, something I would of imagined you would of appreciated given your religious heritage .


You blame the wrong people


Those damn scottish were the source of your woes..



Right. Like the Scots invaded the English first? I think not.

Wasn't it the Scots who held the Romans at bey, after you English had given up and given in?

Hadrian built his wall not to keep the Scots in, but to keep them out, and the Romans safe from them.



Nope

They were relentless in their raids into English land and the English reciprocated..


Did you think that the cattle stole and people killed would go unavenged or unanswered?

In the end of the day it was the Scotts who litterally begged for the union whilst us English remain the fall guy for your and welsh crap..

Amazing!
edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


After 4 years in Ireland nearly 25% of the population had been killed . That is genocidal proportions Yissachar1, something I would of imagined you would of appreciated given your religious heritage .


You blame the wrong people


Those damn scottish were the source of your woes..



Right. Like the Scots invaded the English first? I think not.

Wasn't it the Scots who held the Romans at bey, after you English had given up and given in?

Hadrian built his wall not to keep the Scots in, but to keep them out, and the Romans safe from them.



Nope

They were relentless in their raids into English land and the English reciprocated..


Did you think that the cattle stole and people killed would go unavenged or unanswered?

In the end of the day it was the Scotts who litterally begged for the union whilst us English remain the fall guy for your and welsh crap..

Amazing!
edit on 30-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)


And I used to think that Americans were uneducated in our homeland's history. Carry on.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   




Nope

Cromwell fought back catholicism that our own king was going to place on our shoulders via french and irish soldoers.. Same as Hitler who was made king by pope pius who disbanded the catholic party in germany and ordered tbem to vote for Hitler..


Cromwell kept the vatican evil from our island.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   




BTW: what do the Welsh have to do with this convo? A proud people to be sure, like the Irish and the Scots. So now you're broadening your exophobic nature now are you?



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   




Why dont you fill in the blanks and enlighten us instead?


Huh?



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join