It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Disrupt Moral Reasoning With Magnets To The Skull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ddf9fcc14c0.jpg[/atsimg]

"Using a technique called transcranial magnetic stimulation - in which magnets are used to disrupt neural activity in specific parts of the brain - scientists managed to "turn off" people's moral centers. According to a release from PNAS, which published results of the study yesterday:"

io9.com...
www.pnas.org...

This is kinda scary. Wonder if the cia knows about this

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I read about a year ago, about an experiment with magnetism that when electromagnets were placed either side of your head and turned on, you could see light, even though it was pitch black.

Anyone else read about this?

MM

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

"Relative to TMS to a control site, TMS to the RTPJ caused participants to judge attempted harms as less morally forbidden and more morally permissible."

Very scary stuff indeed, who knows how long any authorities have known about this. We can plainly see that this type of stuff would be very beneficial to them in a number of way, mainly for soldier conditioning. Nice find bro

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Tequila and cough syrup will do the exact same thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Drank together or snorted??

edit on 30-12-2010 by Irish Matador because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

You can snort cough syrup?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by Irish Matador

You can snort cough syrup?

Of course, right after you milk a cat.

Very interesting article, you wonder how long its been used for a bad purpose.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
so I guess you could stick these magnets in a soldiers helmet and...

dangerous stuff. I'll stick to alcohol for the same result, it's more fun

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure that this study actually proves anything.

First off, the sample size for the student is ridiculously small - 20 people. Even 1 person lying means 5% error.

Secondly, the test simply involved answering hypothetical questions, not actually doing anything. I think that a more in-depth study, with real world events is required before jumping to unnecessary conclusions.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
In this thread there was this E.U. transcript wich talked about this very subject being taboo...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The transcript is in Dutch and I have used google translate on it. its positioned under header nr 30.

30. calls in particular to conclude an international convention introducing a global ban on research and development, whether in the military or civilian sector, aimed at understanding the functioning of the human brain using chemical or electrical, sound vibration or other commitment to the development of weapons that allows for people to be manipulated in any way, including a ban on any actual or possible deployment of such systems;

Funny that they had an urge to write about this back in 1995

edit on 31/12/2010 by faceoff85 because: grammar of translated material in quote

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah I agree

top topics

join