It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracking an eggshell?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Im just watching the Doku "Gasland". Is it possible that this Fracturing could destabilize the whole Plate?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
From the looks of the Cayce map, I am going to have lakefront property.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here is an article that directly relates to what the OP predicts-
Is the New Madrid fault earthquake zone coming to life?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This thread tweaks me out.

It's just so eerily prescient that it was posted a day before the Arkansas bird and fish kills which, IMO, seem very possibly related to geologic forces and may well corroborate the theory to some extent.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Regardless, it's important not to live in fear of what COULD happen.

There's nothing wrong with hypothesizing about it, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EugeneTheBeast
Here is an article that directly relates to what the OP predicts-
Is the New Madrid fault earthquake zone coming to life?

Started a Thread here just for this

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Take a brownie pan and set it aside.
Now section off the pan with brownies. (baking the brownies is key here)
Carve the middle of the pan in a 2" straight line down the center, and enjoy...
Take milk or another substance and fill the center section you created to the borders.
Place a thin graham cracker pie crust on top and form it so it covers the entire pan over the brownies.
Drain the milk.

Great thread, and this one in particular has made me VERY HUNGRY for brownies. I cannot decide which map I like better the one that gives me ocean front property or the one that does away with California.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If it happens i'll have ocean front property in central Texas.

...but the BP well is an insignificant speck in relation to whole tectonic plates imo. But then again, who knows how much pressure was actually released and what physical changes took place deep underground and what those changes could cause.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Although not directly related to the OP, I found this new article today, discussing whether hurricanes can trigger earthquakes. Since most of the members on this thread seem interested in the topic of earthquakes, I'm posting this link:
www.wired.com...

Here is the abstract of the paper. If you are interested, read the entire link:

Full abstract of study presented at 2010 American Geophysical Union (AGU):

“Triggering of the 2010 Haiti earthquake by hurricanes and possibly deforestation”

Wdowinski, S., Tsukanov, I., Hong, S., and Amelung, F.

The Jan. 12, 2010, M = 7.0 Haiti earthquake was one of the worst natural disasters of the past century. This devastating earthquake caused the death of more than 200,000 people, the injury of about 300,000 people, and left about two million people homeless. Just a year and a half prior to the earthquake, Haiti was subjected to another severe disaster, flooding induced by two hurricanes and two tropical storms (Fay, Gustav, Hanna and Ike). Both natural disasters results in death and destruction, but because their origins are very different, they are generally considered to be unrelated phenomena. We suggest a physical link between these two destructive events, in which the 2010 Haiti earthquake was triggered by rapid erosion induced by hurricane activity. The suggested denudation triggering mechanism is consistent with seismic and geodetic analysis on the earthquake rupture, indicating an initial oblique motion on a southward dipping fault followed by intense reverse faulting on a northward dipping fault (Hayes et al., 2010). Our triggering analysis is based on interdisciplinary research using satellite imagery, bathymetric charts, detailed DEM, and 3-D mesh-free finite element modeling. Remote sensing analysis of the nearby Leogane Delta’s growth over the past 35 years indicates a rapid delta build up due to a mean erosion rate of 6 mm/yr. Theoretical calculations based on finite element modeling and Coulomb failure stress criterion suggest that denudation-induced stress changes at the hypocenter reached the earthquake’s triggering threshold (3 kPa) after 60-80 years at the present day erosion rate. Our results also suggest that the rapid sediment deposition in the delta kept clamping the northward dipping fault allowing a continuous stress build up on the fault, which explains the large amount of seismic energy released by this fault during the earthquake. Haiti’s massive deforestation most likely contributed to the rapid erosion in the past several decades and the heavy tropical rains contribute to efficient sediment transport. The heavy rain poured during the 2008 hurricane season flushed the drainage system in the epicenter area and removed the last significant sediment load that triggered the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

I found this study very interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here is a youtube video that discusses the New Madrid Fault, and the history and potential impact if it wakes up big time:

Part 2 of this presentation:

I don't necessarily agree with the speaker about God's vengeance causing this however.
edit on 4-1-2011 by ProfEmeritus because: add comment at end

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If this happens a whole lot of red states would be gone...Hallelujah! A lot of racists too. This might just be a blessing in disguise. I would have to move though. I was going to anyway since living in the South is like living ass backwards. Regardless, blessing in disguise...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Is it possible that a massive release of the New Madrid fault could cause a shift in the Earth's poles? I'm not talking about simply an earthquake but a large scale movement of the Eastern US. I do lean towards the Earth expanding theory and if that's the case a large release would weaken the entire system at the fault zones. I'm trying to also determine if this would slow the Earth's rotation as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Thanks for a really great thread. I really learned a lot for the comments, especially your research and the professors. I am having a great time learning more on this, and just got the word that I have a contract starting in the affected area in a week.

Thanks.

PS. Like the hat.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Actually, it is related... in my opinion anyway.

Consider this: if there is a chance that erosion from a hurricane could trigger a shift in the plates, then why could a well drilled as deep as the BP well, with a severely cracked casing and subjected to 70,000psi, not be responsible for the same?

Forgive my obsession with the pressure involved; I have worked with pressurized systems, and that number is simply mind-blowing! 100psi in a truck tire can shred the rear quarter of the truck if it blows out correctly (experience) and the pressure leaking out of that thing was 700 times as much as a truck tire!

I have asked questions since the disaster was announced: Where did this extreme pressure come from? What did they bore into? What is the estimated volume of the chamber containing that pressure? And what will happen when (not if) the pressure is released via the leak? Thus far I have seen many hypotheses, but no hard facts, probably because nobody really knows.

Now, it looks like we are going to find out the hard way... through an experiment with huge consequences.

reply to post by barkingdogamato

PS. Like the hat.

Thank!

It's a 5x Stetson, made from beaver felt, and originally hand-shaped by me personally. It's old, misshapen from years of abuse, and yes, a little dirty. But it's still a Stetson. I have worn nothing but Stetson Hats for over 25 years now.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

You might find this of help. It seems that many people are really questioning what is going on, and
this may add some answers.

I usually dont post stuff like this, as he talks about HAARP a wee bit, but its not the focus of the video.

In any case most of us will want to see the triangulation of the three major dead bird events.
The three locations are at 11 minutes in. The three locations are at 120 degree angle and form a triangle.

edit on 5-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thank you! This is very interesting! While the angle is set in a different context than the antenna configuration shown that is supposedly the HAARP arrangement (a three-point antenna isn't uncommon), the 120° angle between the KY-Beebe, AR and LA-Beebe, AR lines is rather coincidental.

If one drew another line from Beebe 120° from these first two lines, would it intersect with any other phenomena?

I just watched a report on CNN where a forensics expert was examining the dead birds. His preliminary observation was that it appeared to be blunt trauma in flight, meaning the birds flew into something. The only thing that I can think of that is both "inanimate" (his word) and common to all locations is the ground itself. Did these birds commit suicide by flying into the ground? And if they did crash into the ground, why? What would disrupt the birds' orientation enough to cause them to dive down?

Based on this as well as the reports that it was extremely dark that night in Beebe (meaning a lack of visual cues to their orientation), I am starting to wonder if perhaps a subsonic boom didn't occur around the fault line. Could the right frequency could have set up a resonant disturbance in the birds' ears that made them think they were flying level when in actuality they were in a nose dive. Or do they use the earth's magnetic field lines to maintain level? I know many birds use magnetic field lines to navigate their migration journeys... could there have been a magnetic pulse that disrupted their sense of direction? Could a fireworks display have indeed startled the birds and a subsonic or magnetic disturbance at the same time have caused them to crash? And what could have made such a phenomenon (other than a geological effect along the New Madrid, which can produce either or both)?

Awfully coincidental though...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Your welcome

I found this in my search, came across the triangulation and could not ignore it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I need to study up a bit on the effect the HAARP Magnetometer might have on flocks of birds.

They dont see well at all during the night, what would have them up out of the trees?

edit on 5-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I can buy the part of the official story that says they could have been spooked by fireworks... just not that that alone could cause them to suffer the deaths they suffered. They flew into something based on what I can find out so far... just what they flew into (and why) is the question.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Consider this: if there is a chance that erosion from a hurricane could trigger a shift in the plates, then why could a well drilled as deep as the BP well, with a severely cracked casing and subjected to 70,000psi, not be responsible for the same?

That makes sense. Given that they had never drilled a deep water well in the Gulf, we're on new territory here, and I would say it certainly is a possibility. The government only has their eye on one factor, namely avoiding a leak due to faulty or damaged equipment. What IF there is an inherent problem with deep water drilling, due to differences in the ocean floor under deep water, versus shallow water.
The government only seems to respond to problems re-actively, rather than pro-actively. The TSA is a perfect example-they only try to protect from attacks identical to those already attempted.
There is no question that deep water drilling could be playing with fire. I am very concerned with the lack of knowledge and methodology of the government. We certainly can't count on the oil companies to care-they have only one concern-profit, and obviously, are quite willing to take risks with OUR planet.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Lots of great info in this thread.

I have a hard copy of the George Michael Scallion maps, I'll work on tracking them down, take a picture of them, then post them in high rez so you can see more of the details.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join