It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracking an eggshell?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I posted on this subject awhile back Here and though on it since:

"Okay, - I tried before but - got stuck - stuck on just this - Love the Maps- Thanks All - - I have one issue though on all this - please help me to understand - If this part of the crust - moved northwest ---- but in Yellowstone we are moving West, Southwest --- = what - the New Madrid Fault line goes all the way up through the west side of the Great Lakes, up, up, and around - to give the ability for crust to move?? - is New Madrid fault being what - a rift zone?? Is there more to the Mississippi River - Is there a Missing Plate??? Man, all this deep thinking of late - gives me a migraine which I am also subject to."

It is completey feasible to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
sorry to say but this all makes a lot of sense... if fits perfectly into 2012... this is what i have been trying to find. i was looking for the reason that north america would be flooded. thank you. now i am in south dakota so i am perfectly safe from everything a have heard... unless yellowstone blows... im in the east part of south dakota so i wont be effected by anything relly so i am safe. thank you so much for this information.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Great info...S&F

I live within a few miles of the epicenter of the earthquake here in Indiana yesterday...I felt nothing but our pet cat acted unusual.

Some additional info you may be interested in doing your study was published here:

www.thestarpress.com...

"The earthquake --three miles underground -- was centered just outside Greentown in Howard County on the little-known Sharpsville Fault. There hasn't been evidence of seismic activity on the 13-mile long fault for 360 million years, according to John Steinmetz, director of the Indiana Geological Survey.

To put that in perspective, dinosaurs existed between 230 million and 65 million years ago.
"This harks back to the time when those rocks, those sediments were probably on the edge of a continent and the continent was moving," Steinmetz said.

Steinmetz called the earthquake "highly irregular, extremely rare, unprecedented."
The earthquake, which lasted only a few seconds, happened at 7:55 a.m. It was felt as far away as western Ohio, eastern Illinois and southern Michigan."

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It always made more sense to me the earth expanding idea which I had thought alone and then when I looked on the net several others had thought of it as well long time before. I was thinking that even the fact so big animals used to live on earth (which means smaller gravitational powers allowing the body to grow more) is enough hint that we dont get exactly how our earth works. Instead of thinking a pool of lava and tectonic plates swiming on it, makes more sense that gradual growing can cause the quakes and the openings.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
It always made more sense to me the earth expanding idea which I had thought alone and then when I looked on the net several others had thought of it as well long time before. I was thinking that even the fact so big animals used to live on earth (which means smaller gravitational powers allowing the body to grow more) is enough hint that we dont get exactly how our earth works. Instead of thinking a pool of lava and tectonic plates swiming on it, makes more sense that gradual growing can cause the quakes and the openings.

I agree completely.

This site has videos of the theory of an expanding Earth:

www.nealadams.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Having no background at all in geology, plate tectonics, and physics in general, this is very interesting stuff. I have had a feeling for years that there was more to the plate shifts than what I could understand giving my limited background in the topic. I live in Western New York, and am practically on that St. Lawrence Line that you describe in your pictures. We have had a few tremors in my 27 years of living here and now I understand why.

Your theory on how the potential BP leak could have affected the entirety of North America is very intriguing indeed.

I will tell you that where I live, used to be a small inland ocean millions of years ago, if not more recent (think a few hundred thousand years). I can dig four inches into the ground and find trilobite fossils all over. When the waters receded after the last ice age, and the last of the glaciers had melted, we were left with this basin. The majority of the ground in my area is composed primarily of clay and large rocks. Top soil has to be trucked in to some of the local farms depending on the harvest year. What concerns me about your model is that the super lake that could potentially form, would actually spill a bit further east of where it is marked in Cayce's map. Like I said, I live in an area that is more or less a giant bath tub, and Lake Erie is less than a 30 minute drive from where I live.

Great thread, and it has given me something else to ponder about when I feel a rumbling under my feet.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is very interesting! Just glanced so far, will read through it more carefully again.

Just some stray ideas for those interested - the US Continental Divide runs right through the West Side of Chicago.

Here's some info and there's plenty more to be found.

Oak Park Continental Divide Page

Every time there is an earthquake in the Midwest, I want to go where this is and see if anything is "sticking up"

(This is not far from me, but I am east of it, so I guess I am in the GL Watershed.)

Another bit of info I came across somewhere - The Salt Lake in Salt Lake City Utah is somehow connected to the Great Lakes. Was formed by the same system? I am not sure of the particulars of this.

One last thought - I *know* Fermilab (Far Western Chi burbs) maintains a seismograph, but I can never find this info on their website. Unless they no longer do this? Or maybe I'm not looking in the right spot. Something others might want to pursue also.

This reminds of this: I was told by an older person, who came from OH and worked in the auto industry in the 50s - OK somewhere in OH was a factory stamping the big old heavy car bumpers, huge heavy slow press, and these "hits" of the press were picked up on the seismographs at Fermilab. They figured out what it was due to the regularity of it. But think of it - such industrial activity shaking the ground like that, picked up states away.

It makes you wonder - what has all the heavy industry, as well as high rise architecture / all those pile drivers sinking caissons far below into bedrock in multiple Great Lakes cities - what has *this* activity contributed to geologic changes?

OK, going back to read more carefully now, apologies if any of the above has already been mentioned

Again, Redneck, excellent topic

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

It appears that the loss of such pressure below the New Madrid fault, because of the 'superwell' that was drilled, could cause a massive chain reaction in the existing plates that lie beneath the US.

Is there a loss of 'pressure' as you put it? In what way is this manifesting? In what way could the 'super-well' have any effect on the New Madrid fault line?

Ok bear with me. Because this is a crude representation...by an amateur. I'm not sure what to make of this but here's my un-educated guess: Take a brownie pan and set it aside. Now section off the pan with brownies. (baking the brownies is key here) Carve the middle of the pan in a 2" straight line down the center, and enjoy...
Take milk or another substance and fill the center section you created to the borders. Place a thin graham cracker pie crust on top and form it so it covers the entire pan over the brownies. Drain the milk. Obviously there's no extreme rapid pressure here, but it should do the trick. Does the pie crust collapse into the crevice you once had filled with milk? I bet it does.

It probably does but what has this got to do with anything?

Can we get one thing straight? Oil and Gas released do NOT leave a 'void'. It is not like a pie crust in any way shape or form. The oil and gas are in the rock strata in myriads of tiny cracks in the case of the shales and around the structure in the case of sands. This is not some gargantuan void that will collapse like your pie crust.

In an oil field, when pressures are low, water is often pumped in to force the oil up. There is nothing that is going to collapse of any significance.

Now, having said that, the Gulf and the oil shales around Guy and in fact in all the States north of the Gulf, are pretty much all interconnected since the shales are spread over a very large area.

The amount of pressure that the BP well released was insignificant in terms of the planet, and that hole is very small.

Oil and Gas (PDF)
Methane gas and the Deepwater Horizon oil spill(PDF)
(This - above - actually shows anticlinal oil traps - a concept that has been discredited I understand in favour of faulting traps. It is however what I was taught in Geology so not unfamiliar to me!)
Petroleum Geology of North West Europe
This discusses the Hibernia Oilfield - obviously of interest to me as I live in Ireland - and has a good structure diagram.

edit on 31/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That is interesting though... with Yellowstone already showing signs of erupting, a pressure increase might be the tipping point...

Yellowstone? Showing signs? You have a source for this I presume.

Can't say that I have heard anything about this, but then I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is going a bit afield here, to the West somewhat -
Ogallala Aquifer

But I wonder - how does this large underground aquifer fit into this also? And how might the water extraction be affecting things in general?

Also, if some geologic event causes damage, even minor to mid range damage - how would this aquifer be affected?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Great post, I don't think you are crazy, in fact after the tsunami I asked a friend about this.

amazing

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I for one do monitor the Yellowstone sites often and have not seen any info of increasing activity there.
However, the Madrid fault line has had a bit of attention as of late. I remember seeing a news piece
on it this last summer.
Nice theory though

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I just read the OP and thought I would post to share my thoughts.

I agree with the map as a whole maybe just off a little in the Northeast area.

I have been looking for quakes that are slowly occuring in areas that are not normal in which new fissures can occur. I do feel what is happening now is a weakening of these location right now and when the big one comes it will all go. I believe what you are showing on the map is what will be after the ELV occurs Mid-Atlantic Ridge first Brazil to Ridge then "the event" Africa at least 23 Countries in hump area some Italy, Portugal, Spain France, England etc.

If the double connecting large quakes occur off Brazil it is only a matter of maybe several weeks before the largest ever recorded P-WAVE in history will be recorded as it is then the big event will occur.

ELV = Extinction Level Event

Then the showing of ships in mass will occur shutting down Nuclear Facilities holding back Tsunami's in areas and flying in clockwise position counter acting the counter clockwise flip

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm in florida.. gonna be swimming with the fishies

That's okay though, it can't be too bad..

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I have been looking for quakes that are slowly occuring in areas that are not normal in which new fissures can occur. I do feel what is happening now is a weakening of these location right now and when the big one comes it will all go. I believe what you are showing on the map is what will be after the ELV occurs Mid-Atlantic Ridge first Brazil to Ridge then "the event" Africa at least 23 Countries in hump area some Italy, Portugal, Spain France, England etc.

If the double connecting large quakes occur off Brazil it is only a matter of maybe several weeks before the largest ever recorded P-WAVE in history will be recorded as it is then the big event will occur.

Oh dear! Perhaps you could explain this in a little more detail and maybe even provide a source or two? It is generally called an ELE by the way.

Seeing that the mid Atlantic ridge runs from Antarctica to the Arctic - and indeed goes through the Arctic to emerge the other side - are we expecting this to happen all up and down the ridge from top to bottom?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think if anything we are seeing the begining of a several thousand year process. The glaciers that once covered the area probably put more pressure on the new madrid fault possibly causing new cracking or weakening of the plate. On a Geological time scale, we have just left the last ice age. In our lifetimes we may only see a small reactivation of the fault, not some super disaster.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Very interesting, I remember back in the late 90's a woman working for a university I think, well she said that oil was not a fossil fuel, it was the earths natural lubricant that is found mainly along the fault lines. Now if you look at a chart of fault lines and a chart of offshore oil rigs you will find allot of oil rigs around the fault lines. And if you compare an earthquake chart to a chart of when we started drilling for oil you will see a rise in earthquakes with drilling. I wish I still had copies of those charts, this was back I think in 1998 when the internet was still young, don't remember were or who the info came from. I do remember the woman who made the discovery lost all of her university funding and was shunned by every one in the media.If someone is interested in the subject I am certain there is enough evidence out there to either prove or disprove this. I am inclined to at least believe in the oil not being a fossil fuel, when I was a child this story did not sit well with me that a bunch of dinosaurs turned into oil after millions of years.Oh well maybe I am just an idiot or something but this would not be good for the oil companies if it were true, and I doubt they would stop drilling if it were, to much money in it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I also agree everything is connected.

PuterMan thanks for the correction I did make a typo it is ELE not ELV I was just talking Central Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

I must admit sometimes my brain and fingers do their own thingy, my apologies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join