It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010; a casual members recollection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Mods, please move if deemed appropriate.

A very interesting year indeed! 

I don't post much, and I've only made a few friends here but ATS remains my favorite website, and still the one I begin the day with, and check before I call it a night.

With the new year upon us, today I was thinking back and in my opinion, we have had a lot of good threads, website improvements and lively discussions. Below, just for the heck of it, I'd like to recap some of my favorite moments from this year, with a brief explanation of why. They are in no particular order, just going along as I remember them.

1. ATS 2010 coming on-line. Love it or hate it, it was a somewhat big departure from a lot of people were used to. Me personally, I loved it, especially the merging or ATS and BTS, and all the ensuing changes to WATS, the mystery "k"' and flag contribution levels.

2.  Nuclear False Flag Alert!! It's ON In 3 Days! One of the numerous prediction threads of the year, but this one went big time. Quite a few new members were around for this and got their first helping of doom and gloom, as much as i dislike these types of threads, I honestly hope that when it's all said and done, people learn their lesson.

3. All Roads Lead to Rome A shining example of how to research and present conspiracy theories. And wow! What a thought provoking OP. Hats off to ProtoplasmicTraveler for this one.

4. Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm? Yeah, shameless plug of my own thread...but for a minute there I along with quite a few others, really thought something of importance was happening. However, some unpleasantries in this tread and subsequent UFO & Alien threads lead to...

5. Civility, decorum and the Aliens and UFO Forum / ENOUGH! YouTube Videos in the A/UFO Forum and those who hate them. Links. Two great examples of why we are lucky to have " the best staff on the internet". 

6. Everything wikileaks. Great job on the membership in analysis and reporting. 

7. Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010 and the RATS thread that went along with it. Again, what a wild ride initially.

8. The memberships long running and continued " epic threads", such as Whats going on at yellowstone and Quake Watch 2010 . Just goes to prove how dedicated our members are.

9. Jkrog08. The first person I had the pleasure of holding U2U discussions with...you're still missed. And let's not forget WOS...

10. The advances with ATS media...ATS comics, Conspiracy Chicks, ATS StreetView, ATS live, impending Apps etc...keep up the good work!

11. A superb example of "Deny Ignorance" can be found here :Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars. I applaud our members efforts in particular thread. 

12. Obama's trip to India and all of its related threads. Kinda like Number 2. Lots of hype, scenarios and a lack of fact checking lead to a lot of doom and gloom.

These are just some of my favorites and believe me fellow members, you all contributed some GREAT, thought provoking stuff, and I thank you all for helping me exercise my mind.

So what about you? What are some of your favorite / significant ATS 2010 memories? I look forward to reading them.

Here's to you ATS...may you be here for many more years!! 

Oops...2012 is right around the corner...
edit on 12/30/2010 by Juston because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
All your choices were excellent, but I must say the "California Missile Incident" is when a majority of ATS came out to give their thoughts about it and it was great to see that.
That thread is the one this year that really kept me checking in on it as often as I could.....

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
And to add to your list....here is a ONE YEAR SUMMARY of the HOT topics started by, debated and discussed by ATS Members

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Nice thread, flagged for being such, and a good reason to add a rare post here.

You missed a couple of my favourites:

A very well documented analysis of the "Norway Spiral" by member tauristercus which shows the true level of investigative skills brought about by some members here who are willing to generate content for this website which will help make King Argus (the dog) a happier king.

And 100% War Will Start In The Month Of February by Emerald The Penguin, or whatever he's called now, which shows the absolute ludicrous attitude allowed, and promoted, here which sadly feeds King Argus much more than prior post I mentioned.

Originally posted by Juston
5. Civility, decorum and the Aliens and UFO Forum / ENOUGH! YouTube Videos in the A/UFO Forum and the skeptics. Links. Two great examples of why we are lucky to have " the best staff on the internet".

Bolded because we need to remember the original thread title now - it's only civil. We'll discuss this at this point next year. I personally think this was the killer point and looking at the quality of posts now feel justified in thinking this. If in doubt, look at Argus' belly.

As for the story of the radio astronomer named Judy Fältskog who allegedly detected intelligent contact from a distant civilisation on the Uv waveband whilst using an Earth based radio detector who later turns out to be a transgendered person originally named James Van Gruenen who was intrinsic in the Kalahari hoax of 89' and the Lesotho incident of 95' being promoted by a shyster of a writer named Wayne Herchel who is trying to promote his book 'The Hidden Records' about pyramids, Mars and star maps then yes - (big breath) that was one heck of a story and I can't wait to see how it ends.

Happy Hogmanay all!

-m0r

top topics

join