It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars and Flags

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

Points don't really factor into anything anymore.

We use to have an ATS store for points, but when they redesigned the site last year all that went away.

Now it's factored into your WATS Index, which is a list of all the top members as well as your Karma, which is some weird thing I don't quite understand.

I'd say points are a status thing now, but too much people put weight into that sort of thing around here.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by zuul000

Points don't really factor into anything anymore.

We use to have an ATS store for points, but when they redesigned the site last year all that went away.

Now it's factored into your WATS Index, which is a list of all the top members as well as your Karma, which is some weird thing I don't quite understand.

I'd say points are a status thing now, but too much people put weight into that sort of thing around here.

~Keeper

that's a let down ... but thanks for the fyi

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So there we have it. Right from a Mod. Finally "some" truth about the cake.

Points, stars and flags mean nothing other than this:

Points-The more you have, the less of a "real" life you have, indicating you spend too much time here. (Useful detection method)

Stars-One person agrees with what you said per star, but how many disagree? (Useless, and confuses issues)

Flags-While designed to get the mods attention, displaying the number of flags in the post is like scoring, so a post with no OP stars, and a lot of flags, may indicate the lemmings are telling the mods they don't like the content, I find this function absurd. It means nothing without an explanation for the flagging. Then we have the positive flags that everyone gives with a star that just confuse the issue.

Let me be brutal for a moment,
Those with a higher intellect do not fall for this kind of "dog and pony" show.
Your time spent at ATS does not give anyone the right to lord over someone with less time, points, flags, or stars here. If this was a logical approach we would just give this right based on age.

Please explain to me how I am wrong about this, then tell me why you like it as is.
The ONLY thing that would make me happy is agree or disagree buttons.
Less fluff and more logic.

One last thing about ATS. Censorship via the T&C is done very rude here. One wrong word and your thoughts are erased. The mods should always summarize and clean the post as opposed to deleting the text, which is a large
to that poster. Now ATS presents itself as this family site, although the Joe Rogan "F" bomb video is ok here. I can't say it but Joe can! BS. To delete text in this way is worse than anything that could be said. Censorship Over"lord"

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by CHEDwick
reply to post by schuyler

Guess I hit a sore spot with the points, however it seems rather childish to me to want to possess or blindly trust those with more flags. I mean why would you care what strangers think based on their time on ATS? Talk about double reverse psychology!

Not really. I really don't care what you think. You haven't really proven worthy of notice. I was simply using your post as an example and a vehicle to explain the system to others who may be reading the thread. Your post speaks for itself. Your attitude is out there for all the world to see. That you are proud of it is part of the issue.

I was asking for a mod, btw.

Dear me! I guess you don't always get what you ask for.

I tell you what dog, You just made my point, in that I don't like you or your attitude due to your reply to me.
I did not attack you in any way prior to your negative comments. I could say more, but will just leave it at that.
Your points mean nothing (contrary to your posts above), it is your lack of understanding that makes you unaware of this.

Now please tell me how I am part of the issue? Also, what is this issue BTW? That I am proud to be honest?
Is that what you think? That is what YOU said.

As for your "Dear Me" comment, I'm glad you piped in with that, cause I am proud to be brutally honest with you.
Sometimes I gotta rub the dogs nose in it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000
What do you get for points? Like can you buy stuff with them?

I'm saving up for a Heart, Lung machine with a nifty espresso maker built in...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join