It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raging Speedhorn!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hi i love all types of metal,dont know where to label this band though,Raging Speedhorn,one of my favourite metal bands ever,i just love their agression
theres no solos just phat riff after phat riff,they use nothing but sg's and marshall amps for their sound, i just wanted to bring their self titled debut album to light from 2001 for any one who's never heard it,i doubt many americans have heard of them since they didnt tour the U.S. much, so hear they are,
enjoy! (or dont, but at least try too
)

edit on 30/12/10 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/12/10 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Oh my god,well this is embarrassing,i guess i aint getting no flags

Can i have a pity star

Or a reply, i will settle for a reply, even if you hate them, please just tell me their sh#t, im a big boy, i can take it!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
MODS, is this some kind of conspiracy,have you blocked access to my super awesome thread,this is the only explanation,people need to know about this album!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Wow thanks for bringing this band to my attention,they are awesome and i agree i love their aggression too.
Notice i have copied your name/avatar/and signature out of my total respect for you bringing this incredible band to my attention,if only there was more super cool threads like this on ATS,sadly there are too many threads on politics,religion etc and sometimes people forget what is really important in life......METAL,thanks again,you have changed my life!!!
edit on 4/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
well...its been one week now with no reply,8 days ive been in this thread waiting,no shower,no food,nothing,im starting to resemble that dude from castaway,a lot of people would have given up by now but i will not,i mustn't,that star is so close i can feel it,every time i close my eyes that beautifull blue star on the horizon,guiding me like the one in that fairytale about the three wise men and that bearded guy,i forget his name......Oh yeah Santa!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Well, Hey I'm a metal fan and I listened to the first 2 songs...Not bad music but I wouldn't recommend it to all my friends or anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

Woooooohooooooooooooooooooooo! Thank you for your reply!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
nothing original here in my opinion. Regardless keep playing what your heart desires and bang your head \m/ p.s. maybe you should check out electric wizard, saint vitus, orange goblin you sound like you might like the traditional doom metal

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Since it looks like nobody has still answered your question I'll give you my opinion. I personally would call this "nu metal". Music labels get sketchy as everyone has their own opinion on where exactly a band falls. I am a total metal head but this is definitely not my cup of tea... I lean more toward black metal, death metal, grindcore, etc... Hope this helps you out though, maybe you can find more bands you like in the nu metal genre.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

Thanks for your reply but i would have to disagree,im not a huge nu-metal fan i like some of it,i couldnt label these with the likes of coal chamber
,i find it heavier and more doom ridden with sabbath style riffs!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Lol this is what I mean about labels getting sketchy... There are other bands I consider nu metal that are heavier too, ie: disturbed, mudvayne, slipknot, etc.

I looked at their myspace page and they call themselves a hardcore band which I disagree with. Wiki just calls them a metal band.

This article calls them metalcore which I also disagree with....

It's definitely all subjective but I hope I was able to help you out a little even if we disagree.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

lol yeah thanks,there really is to many sub-genres

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I looked a little more and found a couple places, including amazon music, referring to them as sludgecore. I know a lot of subgenres and have personally never heard of this one. Might be a place to start if you wanna research sludgecore... Let me know if you come to a conclusion, I'm curious.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've seen them live, they where VERY drunk, and the bassist passed out on stage at the end of their set from drinking too much absinthe, and they had to play a 10min outro song waiting for him to get up. i used to be a massive fan of theirs about 5-7 years ago, and i still go back to listen to them every now and then.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

Lol,that is hilarious!

top topics

join