It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
1. I still don't understand what authority the US and UK have to decide if a country can have WMD or not, when they have them.

2. If the US is the only country to deploy major WMDs in aggression during a conflict, should they be banned from having them.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
its not the US and the UK that decided... in Iraq's case, which i think you are referring to, it was the UN that decided Iraq could not have WMD. this was done with 14 or so resolutions.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trojanex
its not the US and the UK that decided... in Iraq's case, which i think you are referring to, it was the UN that decided Iraq could not have WMD. this was done with 14 or so resolutions.

Okay, then answer me this. Why isn't the U.N. doing something to get rid of our WMD's?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No seriously the UN is just to be ignored. Who decided? Do you really know.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
MWD was not the reason US and UK went into Iraq, that is been proven and for US having MWD, well you can not just shot down the major financial contributor to the UN. Right?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So basically the UN said 'let us see your weapons' to Saddam who said '*&^% off, go and inspect your own weapons' so they invaded Iraq and tried him for war crimes.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

So basically the UN said 'let us see your weapons' to Saddam who said '*&^% off, go and inspect your own weapons' so they invaded Iraq and tried him for war crimes.

Sadam is not being charged with war crimes for just having or not having WMD. He did do a few more naughty things during his dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexus Panther

No more like the UN was sent in by the US to inspect. After 3 weeks or so of waiting and no hard concrete evidence in addition France and Germany not supporting the War effort in the UN. George decided to go unilaterally. He was betting that Iraq would have WMD from when he was recieving them during the 10 year war (iraqi/iranian war) To george's dismay none were found. Suddenly the war effort was changed to "liberating iraq from a brutal leader" and not the "WMD WMD WMD WMD" march to war heard at first. The funny part in all this is that Saddam is being charged for invading Kuwait....Shouldn't this have been done 12 or so years ago?? It's all a sham.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Like I said on another post Sadam is nothing more and nothing else that the choosen clown on US and UK circus.

Give Sadam a good lawyer and like OJ Simpson the motto was the glove the motto for Sadam is should to be "Let the ones without sin to throw the first stone."

top topics

join