It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animated Shows You'd Want to See in a Live-Action Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was responding to another thread where we were discussing some cartoons from our youth, and the rumors of a Thundercats and Robotech live-action movie, and got to thinking....

What other such shows would people want to see in a live-action movie?

I've heard rumors of Cowboy Beebop and Voltron also.

Last I knew, Robotech was the closest to being a reality. Tobey McGuire optioned it, and is set to produce along with other named producers, but no official greenlight as of yet.

Personally, I think it has GREAT franchise potential, no matter who the cast is, if the effects are done well. But, could you imagine Edward James Olmos as Capt. Gloval, maybe Owen Wilson as Roy (Rick's brother), etc.? I'm sure we'd all have a dream cast (fans of the show anyhow).

Same with Thundercats. Great opportunity. Imagine Ving Rhames as Panthro, or Angelina Jolie as Cheetarah?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Two Words.. GUNDAM WING.... Or any of the Gundam Series

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Nice. I want to see (in no particular order):

-Robotech
-Smurfs (hehe)
-Full Metal Alchemist
-Claymore
-Darker Than Black
-Full Metal Panic

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

When I saw this thread title, I came running to scream "ROBOTECH!!!!!!" but I am happy to find that I have totally been beaten to the punch. Man that series was epic! Pure epic! I was in my late teens when it his the airwaves in California and, even though I had passed the age of watching cartoons, and hadn't paid attention to any of them in a very long time, I fell into the habit of scheduling my life around 4:00 pm and Robotech, Monday through Friday.

One that I think may have been done already, in one form or another, would be Starblazers (Ah the Google tells me that THIS one is being done right now! A trailer for it is here.).

Well, that leaves me with no unoptioned ideas at all! Well unless Ricochet Rabbit, Morocco Mole, and Secret Squirrel could all star in something together!

~Heff

Wait.... wait.... two words....CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Actually, they are filming a live-action version of the Smurfs. I'll see what I can find on it.

EDIT: Here you go.

www.imdb.com...

Hank Azaria as Gargamel, and Katy Perry as Smurfette, Pee Wee Herman as Jokey Smurf...etc.

On Starblazers, apparently, that footage was from the Japanese film, that came out Dec 1st of this year.

en.wikipedia.org...(2010_film)

I still want to see it though. May not have to wait until spring of 2011 (well, except for the DVD/BlueRay maybe)...[

Man that series was epic! Pure epic! I was in my late teens when it his the airwaves in California and, even though I had passed the age of watching cartoons, and hadn't paid attention to any of them in a very long time, I fell into the habit of scheduling my life around 4:00 pm and Robotech, Monday through Friday.

You and me both. I thought I was "too old" for cartoons, but never missed this. Even recently, I bought the DVDs, and was home sick, and watched them again...ahh..just as good as I remember. (and I had to quickly play the XBox Robotech game a little afterwards, and splash some Zentraedi Battle Pods!)....

edit on 30-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Tmnt... I know it was done but.it needs to be done again with a darker element like what they did with dark night I

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Awesome idea !
S&F

Johnny Quest
Magilla Gorilla
The Archie Show
South Park

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Gunslinger Girls
BLOOD+ (yeah, I know there is one, but I mean one with an American film budget)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've always wondered if it would be possible for the Naruto anime to be filmed live action as a kind of "Ninja Harry Potter".

There was a live-action version of "Blood: The Last Vampire" that came out quite recently, I thought it was done pretty well. Some really good acting by the actress that plays Saya. Here is the trailer:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
as long as the films are not 3D i think most suggestions are valid

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Akira.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh my dear God.

Somebody is actually doing the Smurfs!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I started thinking about cartoons I used to watch. What about a live-action "Pinky and the Brain"? The mice would be CG, of course. The cartoon was about two intelligent lab mice - one super intelligent the other quite dimwitted - who try to take over the world in each episode. Brain's plans typically are about to succeed until Pinky makes a mistake that ruins everything.

You can bet that the theme song will be covered terribly by some young punk rock band

Also, I would also love to see a live-action movie of "The Tick". It was a comic book/cartoon series by Ben Edlund (who now works on the TV show Supernatural) about a indestructable superhero that's quite clearly "not all there" who fights crime in a city known as "The City" which is filled with other super heroes (such as American Maid, Die Fledermaus, and Sewer Urchin) and villains (such as Chairface Chippendale, Mr. Mental, and The Evil Midnight Bomber that Bombs at Midnight). There was a live-action TV series that was given pretty good reviews, but lasted only a few episodes. It really didn't have the budget to live up to the cartoon.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Dragonball Z. And no, the DB movie that came out recently DOES NOT count. IMO. Same with
The Last Airbender. 2 totally botched and horribly done adaptations.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hands down it's Invader Zim for me! I am still clueless as to why they are not making new episodes...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Totally agree with the Akira. And it looks like its gonna happen in 2013 - IMDB - Akira (2013)

Would also love to see a live action Vampire Hunter D. Not just off the movie, but a series a movies based off the book series.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'd like to see Family Guy lol
Drew Carry as peter or something wait .... drews thin now ( congrats drew )
and if they had Cleveland in it with his kid darn it make him like he used to be all skinny and hyper

I'd also like to see Berserk that was a great story,
I watch all 25 episodes at least once a year

now I'd like to add another since one was done in animation ( but not great ) but would have to add the others

Dragonlance:
Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
oh yea also wanted to add cowboy bebop ( I don't really think they will make the 2011 rumor )

But
here is a nice fan-made trailer for
Thundercats

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The Simpsons

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Anything but Akira ........................ Oh wait they're on a path to ruin that now.

As far as no new Invader Zim episodes it turns out that Nick said no for the same reasons it has continued to say no the episodes would cost too much money. If you read Jhonen Vasquez's blog he talks about this a few months back.

DBZ, Blood and The Airbender (Avatar). Sorry they counted. Yes they sucked but they counted. And why did they suck? because they were made to make money and had F%#k all to do with, well anything pertaining to the shows because they higher ups who ultimately have any say in how a movie really ends up usally know #e about the movies/shows contents. Its simply more 3-d, more fire, bigger explosions, tighter dresses, more popular actors. etc. Do you really think a room of execs who have never read an x-men comic and if they did it was probably 30+ years ago are going to make a proper film. Or even care to. The directors and film personel do but they do'nt.

Robotech has suppoasedly been in pre production hell for years so.

If you want my REAL answer nothing. Imo the art of movie making is far to $ driven and it is near impossible to make just about anything suitable or even resembling its originator without raping it for the benefits of the aformentioned $.

I always thought if some one did it before you they probably did it better. Well at least in the realm of the arts (music, movies, literature.) in regards to covers or reboots or re imaginings or whatever the hell you want to call ruining things now a days
edit on 26/1/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join