It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House to open new session with reading of Constitution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Ok, but more people are on this thread..move along~

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Bush did say that, but obama had this to say:

the U.S. has suffered from a fundamentally flawed Constitution that does not mandate or allow for redistribution of wealth.

All social programs are unconstitutional, and so is redistribution.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Trust me you wont hear me defend this bunch of traitors anymore than the last bunch..........it just amazes me to see people go ballistic over one sides misdeeds and bend over backwards to lick the boots of the other side......whichever side it is. They play a shell game, switiching sides so we never know which shell has the pea.....I seriously doubt this one has it either

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Ok, but more people are on this thread..move along~

No problem.

Nothing makes a forum more fun that multiple threads about the same topic right? Responding with a smartalec retort most certainly shows your limited level of intellect so I will leave you to your precious thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No being a smart a##, just a suggestion. I have to admit, had I seen the previous thread, I wouldn't have duplicated it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They have a loophole...When are any of those SOB's actually in attendance for anything? Someone will draw the short straw to read it to the (almost always) empty room.

That way, they appease the peasants AND can continue to live in ignorance

edit on 30-12-2010 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The reason they want to start reading the constitution is to see what they can change in it to better the government and see what kind of loopholes they can exploit. Article 1: section 9.8 States: “No title of nobility shall be granted by the US: and no person holding office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

This one section is the main reason we are in over our heads. This has allowed every congressman to accept bribes from anyone other then a king, prince, or foreign state. It says nothing about the common man or corporations bribing congressmen at all. You know as well as I do that corporations just don’t give money out for no reason at all. No one would ever give millions to someone for free. There is always a hitch when it comes to that kind of money. If the congressmen use any other money except what the government allows them to have, for campaigning, then they are not working for the common folks of the US.

Article 1: section 8.12 states: To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years.

We have been at war how long now? And we wonder why our dollar is falling faster than a meteor on earth.

I say let get all 650,000,000 of us in the US on a plan to Washington D.C. and stand out front of the capital building until the government listens to us!!!! With no one working in the US at that time, I’m positive that they will at least listen. They may not do anything except arrest us all, that would be funny, but I'm sure they will entertain our grievances. Doing this would shut the place down, but we would be heard!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This means very little to me at all. Most of the Constitution was shredded under the Bush regime, a Republican. This attempt to make it appear as if it was Obama and the Democrats that have taken us so far away from these principles is just ridiculous. It is my opinion that this is only being done in an attempt to garner support for the upcoming 2012 elections and nothing more.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wonder who theyre going to find to read it.. Dont think politicians know how to read..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think that this is just another way the Feral government is showing it's teeth to any opposing or potentially opposing forces, even the Congress. Hope they have this done in the Senate and the Supreme Courts as well.

I do not trust this.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Fine, let them read it.
Afterwards there should be a high-school level final exam given and a 25 page single-spaced, typed dissertation, posted on the Internet and physically mailed to their constituents, explaining what powers the Constitution grants to Congress, the President and the Supreme Court and whether or not they think that those have acted within their proper scope of power during the past 100 years. Failure to score 90% or higher, or not complete and distribute the essay requires immediate dismissal from their position.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is however, a step in the right direction. The people need to be more involved in Government and the Government needs to be less involved in the lives of the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join