It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbal drug crackdown: Europe to ban hundreds of natural remedies in UK next year UK next year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Herbal drug crackdown: Europe to ban hundreds of natural remedies in UK next year UK next year

www.dailymail.co. uk

Patients are set to lose access to hundreds of herba medicines next year, as European regulations come medicines next year, as European regulations come into force Sales of all herbal remedies, except for a smal number of popular products for 'mild' illness such as echinacea for colds, will be banned to the public from May 1 Under the new law traditional products must be icensed or prescribed by a registered herba
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OMG!

It seems that our unelected overlords at the Hague are bringing in Codex Alimentarius whether we like it or not.

Big pharma then will have total sway over our lives with no safe alternatives to some of their untested toxic crap.

It seems that we must get us out of europe by force or be doomed to a toxic future.

www.dailymail.co. uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Time to start making them at home.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Anyone have any info of how to grow your own medicinal garden?

Apparantly I have until May to get the seeds and get one going.

That

Or get rid of our gutless evil government before its too late

Interesting too the timing of the release of this information. It will just get buried with the furore of the new year celebrations.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There is already a thread on this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oops

My bad

Mods feel free to close

Really should start using thr search function!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was reading the comments under the issue, and think a Mr. X, from Liverpool, said it well enough ...

"If Codex Alimentarius has its way, then herbs, vitamins, minerals, homeopathic remedies, amino acids and other natural remedies you have taken for granted most of your life will be gone.

I recall in '93 there was a large swath of herbs banned which affected the owner of an organic farm I was staying on for the summer in BC, and that memory is a touchstone. It represents the first awareness of the slow quarantine of natural herbs, mafia big-pharma banning small lists every year as to remain under the radar. The limitations of opportunity are under their control, to streamline what's available on the "healthy alternatives" market until industry medicine is seen as the lesser of two evils. If they ban what's beneficial, citing liver and kidney damage, one has to wonder if it's the dose they should be concerned with instead of implementing an outright ban. Even Coke and Pepsi contain acids that, in concentrated amounts, would burn out our insides. In the dose they use, it's harmless.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good! An end to "Snake Oil".

Here in France "Bio" stuff is big time and big business but I'm not sure about the "remedies". ALWAYS really expensive and an aisle in the supermarket I just ignore.

With more regulations governing the claims of some of the remedies this cannot be a bad thing UNLESS those that govern them are employed by big pharma companies.

If people consider what they eat more and where it comes from, hopefully that would negate the need for many of these remedies anyway and removing some of the outlandish claims made for some of these overpriced products a more level playing field would give a fairer perspective of what does and doesn't actually work.

Like I said....all depends on who is giving the orders and who has the last say on what's legit and what isn't.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I agree with the snake oil comment, especially when it concerns amazing cancer cure claims, but i also believe in freedom of choice.

If i want to take natural stuff over mass produced and over priced big pharma stuff then that is my choice.

It is also my choice what i allow in my body. The banning of these items limits my choices and lines the pockets of pharma bastards who create treatments and not cures because there is no money in cures, but plenty in treatments.

I will not be nannied or governed by some unelected forigners in Brussels

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Arghhh, this makes me SO angry....what gives them the 'right' to BAN anything like this....if I want to grind up the roots of such and such a plant and eat it then I will grind up the roots of such and such a plant and eat it...end of...Brussels can take their pathetic 'laws' and shove them somewhere uncomfortable!

If there are suspected side effects than that is a risk that people are entitled to take whilst making their own judgements...can't be much worse than the side effects that pharma drugs come with!

This country is so painfully crap....makes me embarrased to be any part of it!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There is no Federal Law banning simple plants like Salvia.

The US Marines in Okinawa were ordering that stuff and abusing it up there in Japan. So the Military Commanders banned it on their military bases.

Since the Marines are moving to Guam, well they are getting ready for the Marines big move.

Salvia was banned on the island of Guam as well. The only reason it was banned was because the Admiral/ Joint Guam Program Office told the local Legislature to ban it.

Can't have the US Marines getting their hands on it when they move there.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The Gov has just made a huge stride for the black market. If herbals are illegal then only criminals will be selling them. I cannot see herbals not used so there will be a huge increase in shady characters making loads of money on it. Just like making marijuana illegal created a huge criminal class that was/is getting rich, this will create another criminal movement. The more they tighten the noose the more star systems will slip through their fingers.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Originally posted by nerbot
Good! An end to "Snake Oil".

Here in France "Bio" stuff is big time and big business but I'm not sure about the "remedies". ALWAYS really expensive and an aisle in the supermarket I just ignore.

With more regulations governing the claims of some of the remedies this cannot be a bad thing UNLESS those that govern them are employed by big pharma companies.

If people consider what they eat more and where it comes from, hopefully that would negate the need for many of these remedies anyway and removing some of the outlandish claims made for some of these overpriced products a more level playing field would give a fairer perspective of what does and doesn't actually work.

Like I said....all depends on who is giving the orders and who has the last say on what's legit and what isn't.

I agree with nerbot on this although possibly for slightly different reasons. The only thing that has the power to heal the body is the body itself. Herbal remedies are just the original version of medicines before pharma synthesized them. Everything that you ingest that isn't recognised as food will be rejected by your body, diverting energy from the healing process or suspending it altogether while it deals with the objectionable material. This just wastes energy and increases the burden on the body.

When symptoms subside after taking a drug in any form, it is an indication that healing has been suspended or inhibited. Because the symptoms have abated, physicians give themselves credit for "curing" the illness when all that they've done is interfere with it. What the body needs is a good rest so that it can focus maximum energy on repair. This is what animals do instinctively when they're injured or fall ill. They quit eating and sleep, sleep, sleep.

So many people are allegedly dying from swine flu now but you can bet your bottom dollar that each of them has taken some form of drug to reduce fever and other symptoms. They should only be receiving pure water, fresh air and sunshine but are likely to have taken acetiminophen/paracetomal/aspirin and even worse, Tamiflu. The body is obviously working hard to clear toxins from organs and these drugs interfere with that process. Unable to purge these toxins, they build up to dangerous levels resulting in serious damage and possibly death.

For this reason, I'm not too bothered about the control of herbal remedies so much as I'm concerned about the loss of sovereignty over our bodies. The medical fraternity is so convinced that their healing arts are right that they completely overlook the flaws in their science even when rogue elements of their own kind bring them into the glaring light. In their arrogance, they'll insist on vaccinating each and every one of us with their toxic potions and disregard every immediate adverse reaction from a rash to heart failure as well as the long-term health problems that have increased in proportion to the vaccination schedule. These people won't hesitate to relieve us of our rights over our bodies and in many cases, already have.

Besides pushing back which we should, the best way to defeat these people is to take responsibility for your own health. Provide yourself with the essential elements of life, the one's that sustained us for tens of thousands of years before the first doctor showed up: pure air, pure water, wholesome food (preferrably as nature provides it or minimally cooked), sunshine, exercise, rest and sleep, emotional poise, cleanliness, pleasant environment, recreation and self-mastery to name the most important ones. Prevent disease by avoiding those activities that diminish health such as over-eating, eating unwholesome foods (anything processed), ingesting salt, sugar, tobacco, alchohol, spices, medicines of any type. If your body's already deep into illness, then consider a good water fast under qualified supervision to enable your body to do the healing that only it can do. Then just sit back and think about your hard-earned money that isn't going to doctors and surgeons (and other "healers") for drugs and harmful treatments that only target the symptoms of illness and completely ignore the root causes.

This is a deep subject and the best place to look for more information is the INHS website.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thats ridiculous.. Id be out of work there as would many other practicioners of TCM (Traditional chinese medicine) thats more effective than western medicine - over 5000 years as opposed to a couple hundred years for western medicine with its drugs and the adverse effects of them.. Once again profit of the pharmaceutical companies over any concern for the health and well being of people..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thousands.
THOUSANDS of years of this practice/medicine
*Flush*

Oh that darkness, looks like a giant Iron hammer.
Sadface.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Thats ridiculous.. Id be out of work there as would many other practicioners of TCM (Traditional chinese medicine) thats more effective than western medicine - over 5000 years as opposed to a couple hundred years for western medicine with its drugs and the adverse effects of them.. Once again profit of the pharmaceutical companies over any concern for the health and well being of people..

Exactly!

The Chinese are thousands of years ahead of the game and some of the treatments are awesome and less invasive than an un-natural synthasized, mass produced chemical.

Remember the swine flu vaccine?

Untested

Has LIVE cultures (the normal seasonal jab does not) of green monkey virus (aids), bubonic plague.

Contains mercury, strichline.. And they want to pump that into us!

There was even talk that this bug was manufactured and placed into the population by big pharma in order for us to panic then have the jabs which our governments bought for billions!

Only Germany said hey hold on, this stuff has not been tested, yet the bought and paid for media sold this toxic crap to us, still are, and the sheep are lining the pockets of those bastards!

Give me the tried, tested and natural remidies any day. With the flu, our own God given immune systems should fight it off anyway if it has been trained and not been sanitized by modern living.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You will find a lot of info in the following link : www.abovetopsecret.com...

starting to get worried ?

You might be a bit late...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
You will find a lot of info in the following link : www.abovetopsecret.com...

starting to get worried ?

You might be a bit late...

I read that thread and even pertitioned the government against it to which i got the reply that codex is not being actioned by the government.

However the scum have bypassed it using the EU.

Its time to leave those corrupt EU bastards!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by Expat888

Exactly!

The Chinese are thousands of years ahead of the game and some of the treatments are awesome and less invasive than an un-natural synthasized, mass produced chemical.

Remember the swine flu vaccine?

Untested

Has LIVE cultures (the normal seasonal jab does not) of green monkey virus (aids), bubonic plague.

Contains mercury, strichline.. And they want to pump that into us!

There was even talk that this bug was manufactured and placed into the population by big pharma in order for us to panic then have the jabs which our governments bought for billions!

Only Germany said hey hold on, this stuff has not been tested, yet the bought and paid for media sold this toxic crap to us, still are, and the sheep are lining the pockets of those bastards!

Give me the tried, tested and natural remidies any day. With the flu, our own God given immune systems should fight it off anyway if it has been trained and not been sanitized by modern living.

I remember the swine flu bit .. Over here we found natural treatments for it shortly after it started - hk and mainland china practicioners found it. Didnt have any cases where Im at (am quite far from any cities and the local villagers are a healthy lot)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Considering most modern pharmacueticals came from original herbs and remedies, I think this is totally offensive.
And as for the cancer curing mumbo jumbo, modern medicine and pharmaceuticals don't cure cancer 100% of the time either, but I don't see them being banned.

I think the solution to this is to stock up on as many vitamins and minerals we can, grow our own herbs and hell even our own fresh food, if we haven't started already. It seems this is getting serious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join