It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 If it happens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If in 2012 something major happens,as in life as we know it is doomed,you might ask yourself do i really want to survive the intial chaos,i asked myself that question,at first yes i would want to survive,then i thought of the battles i would have to face,no food,no shelter,my family maybe gone,other people that survived that might kill you anyway for what you may have.So if 2012 happens i would want to go in the intial big bang.How do other ATS people feel on this matter?
edit on 30-12-2010 by jasmine23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

I would ride it out, surely there would be food, like in the shops we could rob. as not many people would be left the food should last a few years.

I hope it dont happen though cos i heard Grand Theft Auto V comes out that year lol.
edit on 17/12/10 by infoquest because: spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
2012 dec 25. We all be enjoying another christmas =)

only thing that "might " happen is a false flag operation

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by infoquest

Food shortage would come very quickly. No way it can be available for a few years. If there's doom, I want to die from it, not from hunger/murder.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
if you want a good example, look to new orleans immediately after katrina, now take away the fema relief, and increase time length to multiple years. that is what your going to be looking at, but IMO nothing is going to happen, just throwing that out there.
edit on 30-12-2010 by LunchBocks because: cell phone keyboard

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Mabey all the discomfort sensed is to strengthen a species genetically to get back to the core of why many are here. So all may experience the insanity but some will break under pressure of trying to save their loved ones and seeing some of them perish, why others will keep pushing on. Genetically modifying ourselves with danger to adapt and become stronger. Why ditching the petty needs for cell phone communications and false entertainment ect materializim..
edit on 12/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No matter what happens in 2012, I sure hope they learn how to complete sentences, it's kind of difficult to read sentences that never seem to end, we might even be able to avoid 2012 disasters if the proper information can be communicated, so perhaps english classes might save the world!

Back on topic, I would want to survive just because it is much better to be alive. It would be an interesting life, living in a world of dog-eat-dog survival.
edit on 30-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

interesting notion:

to iterate, if a major global catastrophic events occurs, which would be better... to perish in the first deluge, or to endure the subsequent madness?

i suppose that the transition time period from the destruction of our current world/way of life to whatever new form the world/humanity will take will be a profound time in human history.

it could be a time of rebirth. of rediscovering what humanity truly is. of reestablishing our relationship to nature and to a more holistic sustainable approach to living.

sure there may be roving bands of zealots and death-mongers and radioactive fallout or whatever immediate repercussion of our demise i.e. Mad Max style... but to help usher in a new era would be...

well, the grandest adventure one could think of.

crazy. frightening. brutal. but i am sure not without such profound moments of human growth as to not be worth it.

i say this now, but once the zombie vampire alien cannibals catch up with me and the Mrs. i might be singing a different tune.

cheers... and good luck!

edit on 30-12-2010 by mythos because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Ok so lets just say three quarters of the current population die, are you saying that all the shops factories etc would not be holding enough food for us to live off until we start producing our own? i think there would be.

As for murder i know we have some bad peeps out there atm, but i think most would come together, i hope they would.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
even if 2012 doesent happen the earth will still be in chaos it will start 2 weeks before dec 21st people will panic and riot eitherway, if it is real it might start way before dec but either way we will have a wild ride i bet.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
well look at how us in the uk and you guys in the us are coping with some snow? we wouldnt cope if there was a huge catastrophic disaster...id rather be taken out initially...i mean once the food rots...and theres no water....and everyone is killing each other off ..whats left? but to die slowly?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

i think completing sentences and paragraphing will be the least of your worries.

i hope that in 2012 whatever happens people will be less....feticious and argumentative for no reason

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have watched enough survivorman episodes to know how to feed myself in a pinch.
maggots and bugs are high protein, water can be boiled clean, etc...
Plenty of dogs and cats nearby to feed me nicely for awhile...but if food shortages truely do start effecting, and not enough bugs and stuff to collect, cannibalism is an option..but only to the reciently deceased. bury the head, use the body.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I would propose that dogs, specifically, would have a greater use than food. Everything from protection to hunting, if you have the knowledge to train them, or the desire to learn. Having a large pack of dogs by your side would almost ensure survival in all but the most extreme cases.

If the "typical" doomsday scenario would play out, i highly doubt humans would "come together" in any way, shape or form. Id like to be wrong on that, but i just dont think i am.

Then again, humans are unpredictable creatures, so who knows. Nothing bad will happen though. We might die *shrug* We were doomed to that from the start!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I`m with you on just going in the major wave of the end. Let the bombs land on my head if that is the route. But If you actually look at what's going on in the world. It`s going to take a bunch out before 2012 even gets here. I think the 2012 date is the end date not the beginning of the end as I keep seeing people posting. I also feel there won`t be any survivors if this goes down.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

I would propose that dogs, specifically, would have a greater use than food. Everything from protection to hunting, if you have the knowledge to train them, or the desire to learn. Having a large pack of dogs by your side would almost ensure survival in all but the most extreme cases.

If the "typical" doomsday scenario would play out, i highly doubt humans would "come together" in any way, shape or form. Id like to be wrong on that, but i just dont think i am.

Then again, humans are unpredictable creatures, so who knows. Nothing bad will happen though. We might die *shrug* We were doomed to that from the start!

Well, if I am starving, sparky is going to end up with barbecue sauce on him.

As far as humans coming together, We work best in small to midsized clans spread out. any more than 20 or so becomes a burden, but less is not desirable either due to the various tasks needed for daily survival.

It really depends on the form of catastrophy, and more importantly, if planting seeds is possible. If farming is ok, then large groups are desirable for the farming duties, but if its like nuclear winter...then your going to be fighting over old cans of soup and resorting to sucking rocks and chewing radioactive bark eventually.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Who is to say that the body's of the recently deceased might be contaminated,and the dogs and other animals that might survive are looking at you for a food source,are the animals might be contaminated,depends on the nature of the event i guess,no radiation might be safe to eat then,excuse my bad grammer LOL

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well I don’t think that we are going to blow our selves up in 2012 but I do believe that something is going to happen. First off, I think we need to figure out if we are going down the same road we have already traveled in the 30’s, as far as, the stock market crash goes and figure if we can survive that. Right now we are on the same path as the 30’s stock market crash, if we follow in histories tracks, this time next year will be the end of the US as we know it. We will move down to the 3rd world nations list. Our dollar will be worthless, and we will have very hard times for the rest of our lives. This is something that I don’t think we will fix ever. History shows that every government that has tried to inflate themselves out of debt has failed! We are next! You can’t borrow money and to stay a float for very long. This is like trying to cross the ocean in a boat that has holes in it, and you are removing the water with a bucket to keep it floating. You are going to sink. The biggest problem is FDR didn’t impose mandated raises for workers; however, this wouldn’t have solved all our problems either. Money is the actual problem here.

Think about this, how did the person that came up with money trick others into using it when they didn’t have any need for money at all? They were trading their goods for other people’s goods they wanted. Why would I want to give you all my goods for this paper, which I can not eat or drink, when I can trade it for what I need? This makes no sense to me! Money is just like the middle man.

2012 is the year that the system starts all over again. We get a reboot and back to work we go. The energy on earth is rising; it has been for the last 23 years. Our ways of thinking are changing; our thoughts are becoming reality faster than before.

I only hope that everyone wakes up from this normalcy bias state that we live in and start preparing for the worse. We are in for a lot of hard times, and I don’t know how this generation is going to survive when the crap hits the fan. As prepared as I am, I’m not prepared at all to deal with no electricity, rations on food and water, people killing people because they were in the comma of normalcy bias. Gas will be hard to come by. These things are happening as you read this. We have got to wake up and make a change or else we are going to have to fight every nation that wants the US soil as there own. Our government will not do anything to help once all of this starts. History has shown that every government that has falling, totally disregarded there countrymen in every way shape and form. Trust me when I say this, you are on your own when this goes down.

2011, is declared the year of preparation! If you are not prepared by the end of 2011, you are going to have a very hard time dealing with the current situations, basic survival. My suggestion, start researching how to live with out water, electricty, food, and weapons. You are going to need to figure out all off these things. Other options are to leave the US before it all goes down. If you have money in the bank, the government WILL seize all of it to try and save themselves. Gas prices are starting to creep up, this is one sign that we are falling. When it gets to the point it’s to bad, prices of everything will double over night. Think about that $10.00 gallon of gas you’re going to by so that you can get to work, only to find out that your work has closed over night and they gave you no notice of termination to you. Also think about the $8 gallon of milk, or that $5 loaf of bread. This has happened in the past to every country that has tried and failed to recover from debt. The best way to not go into debt is not to barrow ever! You don’t have to pay back something you didn’t borrow. That’s my motto and I’m sticking to it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I know i don`t want to survive the world as we know it today, so i`d welcome most doom scenarios, even if they are deadly. The only doom scenarios i wouldn`t welcome are the ones that would not leave us any hope/chance for a better future.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, if I am starving, sparky is going to end up with barbecue sauce on him.

To me, thats like disassembling a gun to make a sling shot, when you have unlimited bullets. But i suppose we will all have varying degrees of success in such a scenario.

edit on 31-12-2010 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join