It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gift for my fiancee's 30th birthday HELP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Any ideas??? any females please feel free to chim in ...btw she doesnt want jewery.....ive already secretly made reservations at a super nice resturaunt and a surprise get togetter with all her friends and some of our mutual frends after at a comedy club....just cant come up with an idea for a cool gift ??!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

Maybe something personal? Like a poem you made yourself..

Could take some time to come up with something good, though. Just look at some pictures and I'm sure you will come up with something to rhyme with.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

She is a woman...play it safe and buy her giftcards.
Only she knows what to get herself....play it safe.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That sounds like a good start. Has she hinted at anything? This might sound cheap, but one thing I do is give the gift of music. I burn mix cds. People that get them like them. Anywho, good luck on the gift.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Concert / show tickets, for something she'll like. Always a nice surprise. (and you get something out of it too).

1) Pricey enough for show
2) Shows you know what she likes

edit on 30-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Buy her a little picture frame.

Ask her to hold it up and look at you through it.

What more could she want?
----------------------

"Stuff" is just stuff.
Events become just memories.

The here and now is what's important and knowing that money can't buy what you offer should give her the best gift of all.

If that doesn't work then keep shopping to find a better fiancee who understands the true wealth of the human condition.

Congratulations to her on her birthday and to the both of you on your engagement and future marriage. Have fun.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry but gift cards are a way of saying,IMO as a woman, I am not creative or thoughtful enough to get you present so here ya go. Well if there is anything she's into. Hobbies or something she mentioned of chance that she really wanted but didn't come out and say it. Women do that alot. Get her something that is significant to your relationship. When me and my husband were first together I called him my sexy little potatoe. Yes I was stoned, but it became a running joke for us so for our first anniversary he bought me a Mr. and Mrs. Potatoe Head. Yea its cheesy but it meant the world to me because he put real thought into it and for this anniversary we're getting Mr. and Mrs. Potatoehead tattoos. Its silly but romantic. Which can go a long way with women.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

lol we are on the same level !!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Flowers are nice.

Jewelry and it doesn't have to be something incredibly expensive.
I got my wife a diamond bezel watch recently like this. Was on sale at costco for under 200. you can find something similar.

Take her to a show or play or musical. Gals love those.

Maybe even a gift certificate for a spa so she can get pampered.

Be creative.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a trip to the spa. massage. pampering. mud bath. mmmm.....

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Buy her a pram .... by that you´d be showing her the ultimate commitment. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
reply to post by nerbot

lol we are on the same level !!!

Glad you appreciated my suggestion.

Have a great time you two. Enjoy the ride.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
thanks for all the advise eeerbody !!!! i think the pamper thang is the tickit !!!! ......btw what the hell is a pram ?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
btw what the hell is a pram ?

"pram" is short for "perambulator"

English word for a babies "buggy".

Just do lots of practicing first.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
A mop and a broom set cant go wrong

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
Buy her a pram .... by that you´d be showing her the ultimate commitment. Good luck.

Lol! Or perhaps a pregnancy testing kit?

OP, my advice for a present would be a piece of electronic equipment such as a new phone, games console (with Lego Indiana Jones) or a sat-nav or something similar cause people are always pleased with electronic gadget presents.

If your budget can't stretch to that then a fashionable perfume is always a good bet.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If she's working on her birthday, send flowers to her work....they LOVE that too...

(I think that secretly, it's a way for them to silently say to all of the other females..."I got me a man, and he's the kind of guy you wish you had"....)

(as for the mop and broom...well, good luck with that...)

(as for gift cards....all it does is say, "Hi hon....I got these last minute at the drug store, so you'd have a present")

(as for perfume, unless it's one she's SPECIFICALLY mentioned liking (in which case you listened, and score points for it), it says "You stink, here...")

The only downside to the pamper thing, is that in my experience, most gals like to do this with a gal pal. By themselves...they don't tend to go until they can schedule with a willing friend to do so. If you can pony up for two, and have her take a gal pal, or her mom, etc., then you're golden,....just something to consider, but it's a great suggestion.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A bottle of bourbon. It will make you feel better and help you pass the time when she has a headache.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

What did you end up getting for her?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

well bday isnt till tomorrow..........so this is whats going down : flowers being delivered to work with a lunch date with me.........saturday morning shes headed to her favorite spa for mani /pedi and massage then a romantic dinner at the newist cliche' place in town followed by a trip to the local comedy club where about 30 of her friends will be surprising her there to " laugh off" turning 30 !!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join