It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Kangaroos in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I saw an interesting article on CNN's website. Because of drought conditions near Canberra, Australia they are having problems with Kangaroo's attacking people and domestic pets, There is a lack of food and water so the kangaroo's are searching farther and farther from thier normal hunting grounds and coming into much more contact with people, more evidence of global warming? or just hungry critters?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
I saw an interesting article on CNN's website. Because of drought conditions near Canberra, Australia they are having problems with Kangaroo's attacking people and domestic pets

Hi jl

Sorry, but the article is being taken out of context.
The whole of Oz is in drought and they are just searching for grass and water (like me), and
going to farmers dams. I live in the bush, and theres millions of them.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
yeah there not killer by anymeans.

theyre just trying to survive.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeah Kangaroos dont eat meat so they wouldnt attack people and pets for food. They would 'trespass' for better grazing and access to water, but not to 'hunt' though. We've been in drought down under for a few years now and water is a scarce commodity of late. People are actually advised to report neighbours who are wasting water. Sounds a bit Nazi-ish but i think its neccesary to ensure we dont waste precious water.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
jeeze louise, I just found this...

Kangaroos turn deadly
Killer kangaroos have claimed the lives of two dogs and injured at least one person in Canberra in the past week, as a desperate search for food forces the normally shy marsupials into maddening daylight.
www.news.com.au...

Roo's can be nasty buggers, usually the 'alpha male', but this proves how desperate they
are for water. They're not stupid either. I know of a few cases of farm dogs being drowned
by a 'roo. When threatened, they 'hop' to the nearest source of water like a creek or dam
and the dog follows...and the rest is history. A 'roo' tail can easily support its body weight
and their 'claws' are razor sharp. They will kill for self defence, but they don't eat meat.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Its alright, I hit 3 roos in the last few weeks, we are still winning. :w:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

Kano, I GOT 4!! 3 with the bullbar, but I had to steer to the wrong side of
the road to get the 4th. Now I've got a HUGE dent in my driver' side door!

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Last time i hit a roo the hood of my commodore got #ed up, so i try my best to avoid them... i'm going to canberra tomorrow maybe i can piss some of the roo's down there off and watch them ransack the town

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

vs

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere I was lectured on how passe my discussion of the merits of the boxing kangaroo versus the koala for national emblem had become. But I can see that kangaroos are going to become controversial indeed at ATS next month. Watch this space, and other expressions of foreshadowing.

new topics

top topics

join