It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever wanted "back into the matrix"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There are more days than less, where i want to re-embrace the sheople and become one. the unfortunate part is one cannot unlearn the knowledge once they make the choice to educate themselves and question the world around them.

i dont like being a social outcast because i use my mind. now im not unpopular nor unattractive, i am actually quite skilled at all things socializing and the appearance of normalcy. but the deep down truth is if the sheople got a whiff of how unlike them i am, its back on the outside again.

i want to be a materialist, but in my heart i know its wrong. i want to be a ruthess self-serving jacka$$, but i know its wrong.

i want to be able to beat up a guy at a bar because i flirt with a girl he likes and he confronts me about it. but i cant because i know its wrong.

i feel more restricted by having learned the things i have learned.

i want back in mainstream society, i want a beamer i want a mansion i want shallow hot girls with meticulous hygene.

is this really so wrong?

is there anyone else who feels like this?
edit on 30-12-2010 by matthewgraybeal because: spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's true what they say; ignorance is bliss.

But it's also true; knowledge is power. And with great power comes...blah blah blah

You can't go back, you must move forward. Behind the pillars is the gold. Climb the stairs and you will know. Your quest has just begun. Follow the path and it will lead you to prosperity.

K

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Have fun and stop with the self pity. Life is only so long and then its gone, stop whining about it.

You want a hot girl? Get one if you can.

You want a mansion? Get one if you can.

You want a beamer? Get one if you can.

What exactly is wrong with having this knowledge you claim you have and these material things?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal

is there anyone else who feels like this?
edit on 30-12-2010 by matthewgraybeal because: spelling

No, because yes you would fake enjoy that return to matrix life but you would probably still have the glich after memory wipe process and eventually will nauturally start seeking and becomming consciously aware again mabey in the future when you are reinjected back into matrix. So your energy will still be the same even if reformed to new dated matrix injection time.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yea. It is easy to fall back into the distractions of our world. Last night, I played call of duty black ops for hours. I realized that it was preparing me for violence, and getting used to killing "terrorists." I knew what a mind control device I was playing, yet it was fun. I watched my friends who play this game hours EVERY day for months until the newest game comes out. I don't say anything I am thinking because it would be awkward, and strange. In my mind though I thought I am glad at least I realize what a system I am playing. That is the difference I think. I routinely retreat into the matrix. I can never stay too long because I know it is not real. That what I used to assume was normal fun I now know is a bar in a big prison. All we can do is the best we can.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thought I was the only one that felt like that.

It's true at times you wish you can go back but you can't ever.U can live your life the old way but their will always be that uneasy feeling inside you questioning if what you're doing is right.

Just keep on moving forward it gets easier with time.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You have to realize that life in our little world goes on regardless of what you know. Your knowledge does not amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. Live life and then die. You'll have plenty of time to contemplate those esoteric things when you no longer can live. If you don't live you will be kicking yourself in the end. The best way to die is with no regrets.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
You have to realize that life in our little world goes on regardless of what you know. Your knowledge does not amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. Live life and then die. You'll have plenty of time to contemplate those esoteric things when you no longer can live. If you don't live you will be kicking yourself in the end. The best way to die is with no regrets.

agreed, problem is i have acheived everything i really needed. the rest is superficial.

i have had a very interesting life, and i was even larry the cable guy's body double in 2007 when i was fat. i was employed as a gondolier at the venetian for a minute in time.

i outfoxed the haters from my past. but those haters are in an envious position they seem to be the vocal majority "thanx" the mainstream media manipulation.

different is not encouraged... lol

the best song, to describe how i feel is from nine-inch nails "head like a hole"

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

yeah,i think that's basically what it comes down to.The whole idea of enlightenment is not to stop living you're life but to realize that everything is just based on ideas,perceptions...

It's just to awaken you to the fact that you don't have to submit to societies conditioning or that of your parents but to be true to you're authentic self.It's to realize that you have the power to change whatever reality/matrix you live in.

Just do what makes you happy basically.If banging chicks and beating up their boyfriends is what makes you happy than do it.But realize things have consequences.If you're willing to live with them than you're on the right path.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have for the briefest few seconds, but I hate giving up so I brush the thought off and trudge on. I think most people will have that want from time to time, if it was something that was apart of you for decades it's going to take awhile to fully move away from it. Stay strong and things will work out.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by Unknown Origin

yeah,i think that's basically what it comes down to.The whole idea of enlightenment is not to stop living you're life but to realize that everything is just based on ideas,perceptions...

It's just to awaken you to the fact that you don't have to submit to societies conditioning or that of your parents but to be true to you're authentic self.It's to realize that you have the power to change whatever reality/matrix you live in.

Just do what makes you happy basically.If banging chicks and beating up their boyfriends is what makes you happy than do it.But realize things have consequences.If you're willing to live with them than you're on the right path.

hahaha your perspective is enlightening! banging and chicks and beating up their boyfriends. spot on dear holmes. well said i just looked in the mirror with that sentence.

its awful, but its funny awful.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
Yea. It is easy to fall back into the distractions of our world. Last night, I played call of duty black ops for hours. I realized that it was preparing me for violence, and getting used to killing "terrorists." I knew what a mind control device I was playing, yet it was fun. I watched my friends who play this game hours EVERY day for months until the newest game comes out. I don't say anything I am thinking because it would be awkward, and strange. In my mind though I thought I am glad at least I realize what a system I am playing. That is the difference I think. I routinely retreat into the matrix. I can never stay too long because I know it is not real. That what I used to assume was normal fun I now know is a bar in a big prison. All we can do is the best we can.

Wow, that really resonated with me. I have thought so often how much easier life would be if I could just un-learn what I have learned, close my eyes, and just be a sheep again. I have actually tried to "re-enter the matrix", and it just didn't work. I am fundamentally changed. Like you, I do like to game, and sometimes I just get so overwhelmed by my own seeming inability to change anything, I just need to retreat and do something completely brainless. Usually what I do is turn on Netflix and watch something, or fire up the Xbox 360 and spend a whole day doing nothing but slaying monsters and going on quests (Fable, Oblivion, and the like). I always come away feeling guilty. What you said up there about it being "a bar in a big prison" is a terrific metaphor, and it actually makes me feel so much better. After a long day fighting the system, I guess I'm entitled to a drink, right?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by riiver
Usually what I do is turn on Netflix and watch something, or fire up the Xbox 360 and spend a whole day doing nothing but slaying monsters and going on quests (Fable, Oblivion, and the like). I always come away feeling guilty.

You feel guilty because Netflix and video games are NOT life. Live life for cripes sake.

What you said up there about it being "a bar in a big prison" is a terrific metaphor, and it actually makes me feel so much better. After a long day fighting the system, I guess I'm entitled to a drink, right?

Now that's life. Have a drink. Get into a bar fight. Love a woman. Climb a mountain. Whatever, just do it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by riiver

When I've been doing something "mind numbing", I always feel like I should of being doing something more productive or social but when I try and talk to people about materialism and/or freedom they stare. I expect them to start screaming and pointing like Invasion of the body snatchers because they found i'm not one of them lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Yeah,I think everyone has this idea they'll change into Ghandi or Mandela if they start walking the path of enlightenment.Or develop a third eye and see coded messages running down the walls.

These ideas have been around for ages and they're actually very simple to grasp.

It's just to realize the world is made of different believes and ideologies.Nothing says they're right or wrong because they're just ideas.

Think it's just the last bit if you're ego clinging onto you that still wants that satisfying feeling of banging a chick and beating up her boyfriend but if indeed that's what makes you happy than go for it.There is really nothing that says it's wrong except for society.And even societies rules are constantly changing just like the rest of the universe.It's not like in a thousand years people are gonna be like...you remember that guy back in 2010/2011 that slept with Melissa and then beat up her boyfriend...omg how wrong was that?!!

Two people could be looking at a tree and think all kinds of different things about it...It's a ugly tree or it's a beautiful tree but it doesn't change the fact that it's still just a tree.Same with everything else.Just ask yourself what you believe to be right or wrong and if you believe flirting with Melissa at the bar is wrong than don't do it.

Also understand you're choices if consequences.Like if you beat up Melissa's bf he could come back at you with a knife or you could end up getting her pregnant.

Think that's the biggest problem about waking up.Now you doubt yourself and you understand the things you do have consequences that are like ripples in a pond-they stretch far into the future.At some point you have to figure out what makes you happy.Trying to escape the Matrix could end up being a prison,too. You can't escape the Matrix but you can choose what role you want to play in it.

I haven't met,heard or read about anyone who has escaped the Matrix.Not even in the movie The Matrix does anyone truly change anything.The whole process just starts all over again.Which leaves you with one choice..If you know it's not real and all the people are just playing roles in their lives according to what they believe in...what would your role be.

Those superficial people seem pretty happy.They're probably laughing at us all trying to run some maize in our minds while they're having a good time.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SparkyP
reply to post by riiver

When I've been doing something "mind numbing", I always feel like I should of being doing something more productive or social but when I try and talk to people about materialism and/or freedom they stare. I expect them to start screaming and pointing like Invasion of the body snatchers because they found i'm not one of them lol.

i love that visual

the body snatchers reference made me howl with laughter!! so true to feel like that.

i am trying to wake people up all the time, but sadly i'm the one who looks foolish even when i present the sheople the cold hard facts.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
as this was driven by ego, i want to thank the contributers to this post.

it has brought me more to consider, and i hope it brings others the chance to say its ok to want to get back into the matrix and there is nothing stopping you. but it does feel false in a sense.

mcdonalds cheeseburgers are still delicious, but i know how they are processed. lol

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wanting to go "back" sometimes is just a sign of you being human. Its not wrong to want, its what you do about it that makes a difference. I remember how I felt when I first started researching, and I was ready to "drink the kool-aid" for a sec there, but when you put things in perspective, you realize that the step that you took to get this far, is farther then most.

So be proud of yourself, there are many people that want this far, and gave up. I decided to live by the motto "moderation in moderation". Knowing what you know now, can prevent you for going to far. Have fun, as long as you know that there is a difference between, being fully asleep and being awake.

S&F

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No.. Would rather die than live like the braindead , greedy, materialistic people who blindly follow fools and idiots. Its my life and I choose to live it on my terms.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
There are more days than less, where i want to re-embrace the sheople and become one. the unfortunate part is one cannot unlearn the knowledge once they make the choice to educate themselves and question the world around them.

i want to be a materialist, but in my heart i know its wrong. i want to be a ruthess self-serving jacka$$, but i know its wrong.

i want to be able to beat up a guy at a bar because i flirt with a girl he likes and he confronts me about it. but i cant because i know its wrong.

i feel more restricted by having learned the things i have learned.

They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) Romans 2: 15

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join