It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If imprisoned or killed, Assange reportedly prepared to out CIA-linked Arab leaders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If imprisoned or killed, Assange reportedly prepared to out CIA-linked Arab leaders

www.rawstory.com

Middle Eastern leaders who've become friendly with the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) could face severe retribution from their local populations if WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is killed or jailed for a lengthy amount of time.

That's because, in a recent interview with Arabic news network Al Jazeera, Assange allegedly warned that he had a document which reveals the identities of officials who voluntarily cultivated relationships with the CIA.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Assange has made these threats previously but is now upping the ante so to speak. Most on ATS know and understand how much the CIA is involved with creating global instability and further maintaining world chaos, its the what they do best. There are countless threads on CIA tactics and even government led admissions. I would think that the Saudis or Pakistan is number 1 here (ISI). I truly hope in the interests of government transparency Assange comes through on this threat. Whether or not this is bigger or part of the "insurance file" remains to be seen.

brill

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-12-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Threatening to make threats will threaten your own life.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Untill they release something worth killing him for I think he is safe for the moment

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I guess whatever season it is he has to keep pushing the agenda as people move onto other topics...

The slow release of information may in the long run be helpful, but in the short term will only cause frustration.

and noises like this scream to me that this information will be held back.. so there I ponder.. what else is wikileaks holding back, and what is the real agenda..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Threatening to make threats will threaten your own life.

utter nonsense.. Assange has said wikileaks wil not release any information that would put any people at risk. Assange has said so personally...

/end sarcasm

If this deusche nozzle releases the info, then I think being assasinated from the US is going to be the least of his concerns. While I know its a past time to lay 100% of the blame on the CIA doorsteps, even though it takes 2 to tango, releasing info that threatens the powerbase of Pakistani ISI or other intelligence groups, or governments, is a sure fire way to expand the list of people who dont like you and want you silenced.

This guy is so smart, he is stupid.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Right, and the only way to access proof of this is if Assange is either detained or killed.

2,000 websites have it, but will not release it unless Assange is either imprisoned or dead!

Goget him boys!

What we have here is a clever tactic being posted in Arab news media, designed to cause a specific response, or to cause more problems for the Saudi regime.

Interesting ploy, but without proof it is completely irrelevant at this point.

pffft.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
He is just like the others all talk and no balls.. he was already imprisioned and released nothing so not holding my breath on this one. what a douchebag

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Assange thinks he will get away with
blackmailing the muslims?

That is a SUICIDE MISSION!!

Let him go ahead
he already sold
Bradly Manning down the drain.
He don't care that the man who gave
him all this information is the reason Assange is even being talked about.
MANNING IS IN PRISONED!!

Assange thinks he will get away messing with muslim extremist terrorist?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Assange is acting as if his cables are indeed worth killing him over..so far..wikileaks has been the let down of the century..unless someone kills him for lack of actually doing something he will be fine..wikileaks is a fraud as far as i'm concerned..if he had the history/world changing info he bragged he has, he'd have dropped all the info and lived as a hero in this new world of his.I mean how do you tell a world awakened to the fact something is not right..promise those people information that would change that and shed light on the lies our societies are based on..then use that info as a bargaining chip to hide behind? Completely ridiculous.But alas...if anything I think he should be a free man so he can walk in shame where ever he goes..he is a dissapointment and not worth anyones time.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Assange did not sell Manning down the river at all.
Manning was bragging about it and admitted he did it online and got caught.
I don't blame Assange for not helping him...he did it to himself...Assange kept up his end of the deal by keeping his identity secret until Manning let his ego take over by shooting his mouth off.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
If this deusche nozzle releases the info, then I think being assasinated from the US is going to be the least of his concerns. While I know its a past time to lay 100% of the blame on the CIA doorsteps, even though it takes 2 to tango, releasing info that threatens the powerbase of Pakistani ISI or other intelligence groups, or governments, is a sure fire way to expand the list of people who dont like you and want you silenced.

This guy is so smart, he is stupid.

Like him or not he has balls and for all the people I see whining about government control and suppression I see little outside of this guy actually putting it straight. The CIA is scum history has certainly proven that and yes it takes 2 to tango but they are typically the aggressors. They have the ego and more importantly the money to carry out their ops. ISI and CIA are adjoined at the hips (and probably lips too) they simply perpetuate the ongoing lies in the name of democracy or whatever its called this week.

Assange won't be put down, at least not now. I can't wait to see what releases appear to embarrass and further humiliate US foreign policy. Its like having christmas 365 days a year

brill

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

We all are waiting...and waiting...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Julian comprehends humanity well.

We are all flawed beings.

What he is doing is only givingTPTB the chance to set things right, while he is still alive, and thus the refusal to release any more sensitive information. That which had been released is enough for mankind to act upon and demand accountability for what had happened so that mistakes be corrected and we all progress from it.

But should TPTB refuses, and have him silenced, then the chance to set things right amicably is over. It will be upon the heads of TPTB how it may fall. In the past, mob justice had been to have the wrong doer heads on a pike staked in market square for all to spit on.

Today, we are more civilised, but not any less in demanding justice be served. Best the TPTB take it seriously.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No real surprises here. CIA have infected most governments, here in Australia if a leader try's to speak his mind he gets kicked out.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Revolutionary Acts

While I personally have some reservations about Mr. Assange's motives and support, I cannot fault him for that one, most important thing:

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” -- George Orwell

Just so, Mr. Assange.

Just so.

edit on 1/2/2011 by Majic because: Fight the power!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Two things come to mind-

1) Very safe passwords? Great, so it's not assange123, but they can't really be 'uncrackable', and now that the CIA knows you have this information they might actually look for it..

2) He's sitting on this kind of information and all we've been getting is these 'dear diary, the leader of Morocco is so dreamy..' cables this whole time? Give us something that matters! Rock our foundations! What is this bull#?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for that 12y old....:

"Hey look what I found and opened on one of those 2000-something web pages..... DUMP...."

Btw I hate it when my wiki leaks

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i would kinda guess maybe saudi arabia is on there list. with there links to 911, anti iranian stance amd investment in america. it all lookslike it might come tumbling down....

we can hope

kx

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So if he stays free and alive, we'll never know?

Call this insurance or call it blackmail, what it more likely is is an empty threat if those are the conditions.

You either believe in transparency and the peoples' right to know or you don't.

The very fact that the world knows about him should be enough to keep him alive and free now. No more need for insurance, and stooping to blackmail as a bargaining chip pretty much negates everything he allegedly stands for.

I've been a tenuous supporter and hopeful about all this, but this is a fail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join