It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Texas cop slain trying to protect child

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well no one mentioned this i'm placing blame on the mother for that officers death.

No the mother did not directly shoot the officer but why would ANY WOMEN

in the right mind be with a piece of scum like that?

That mother put her child and that officer at risk by messing with a out of control looser!

I'm not buying that the *mother had no idea the guy was a criminal*

I understand it says EX but how long were they really "ex's" probably not THAT long.

None of this would of happened if that women would of NEVER dated a guy like this..

It's not like the guy just had a DUI/petty theft/pot conviction, but a freaking CHILD RAPE!
You have to register as a sex offender..
All she had to do at the least was see if he was a sex offender.... If he did not tell her.

Yes do some investigation of your own before dating people..
Don't have to be sherlock homes BUT FOR THE SAKE OF LIVES don't be ignorant.
edit on 30-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
That's sad.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on the point you made that it was the mothers fault for this tragedy taking place.

If they'd met and they were talking to each other, he may have seemed like a caring and thoughtful guy initially. If she had done a background check, like you mentioned, and found discrepancies in his past and found it not a good idea to proceed with a relationship, there is no indication that he wouldn't have been violent from rejection.

If it's anyone’s fault it would have to be the fault of the system for allowing such a vile person to be released to the public after his convictions of raping of a child. A rapist should not be allowed to be free among the public and a child rapist should not be allowed to live period.

Hindsight is 20/20. What we could’ve done and what we should've done is out the window. Two lives are gone because of this one despicable human being.

There are people in this world that hate the police just for the mere fact they're the police. I would support a policy that would make it mandatory that police can't go anywhere, while on duty, without a partner. This is only common sense. Two is one and one is none.

Officer Smith's picture shows a very happy and enthusiastic individual. I didn't know her but I know that those who knew her will have a void in their lives that can't be filled. R.I.P. Officer Smith.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Indeed this is a tradgedy.The officer could easily have been surprised with pencil in one hand notebook in the other, She may have had her back to the entrance and had to turn to see who had entered, leaving no time to draw but just enough time to step in front of a gun aimed at a child,
May God bless her, and any who have offered wierd opinions i say, lets await the full story before rushing to judgement on the basis of motherhood, instinct or any other judgement thats totally unwarranted.
The Officer is in my books a heroine and a real loss to not only law enforcement, but the community as a whole.
The gun laws need to reflect the need for some peopleto be armed, and trained by police even, because they live under such dire threats.Often police arrive after anything could be done for anyone.
This sounds like one of those instances where the mother should have been encouraged to arm herself for her and her daughters protection and safety.
Maybe the ex wife would have reacted far more quickly than the officer knowing the capabilitity of her ex.
On the other hand, this man should not have ever been on the street in the first place!
All around it is a sad day this happened, and we are all the little poorer for it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Why is it always the good and the innocent people who die? My guess, it's probably because like this brave police officer they aren't the ones who are only looking out for and protecting their own hides.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join