It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New website provides ALL your info in one place

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
OK guys- how do I get my profile URL without paying for it so I can unsubsribe?

To remove a listing from Spokeo, please enter the URL of the profile and your email address (for verification purposes)

www.spokeo.com...
edit on 30-12-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
In order to prevent abuse, we must limit the frequency of privacy requests. Please try again tomorrow.
Government officials please use your @.gov email address for priority processing.

this is the message i got when i tried to remove my info. strange. what do you guys think.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

Thanks for that! Most of my info was old and still had my married name (I've since gone back to my maiden name) but I didn't want it on there anyway! It is now removed.

Btw, BigFrigginAl, I love the name, hehehe.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

thanks for the heads up on spokeo.com

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Awesome site. It has a lot of really useful info.
I have know about this for sometime even when it was it the developing stage.

If people do not want their info in the public domain then they should have a brain and not put it out their.
YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.

Oh yeah, I am not on it at all. Plus I deleted some of the people I know. But then you really need proper
access for that..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yes had name, phone number.
What color underwear I had on, everything.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Put my name in and it doesn't show anything for me within 300 miles of any place I've ever lived.
I get more "unique" individuals putting my name into Google than spokeo.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Good find! S & F
I see that they use the following websites to gather their info:

Bebo
BlackPlanet
Buzznet
Friendster
Hi5
Multiply
MySpace
Kongregate
Netlog
AOL Lifestream
Blogger
Disqus
Formspring
Google Buzz
LiveJournal
Posterous
Twitter
WordPress
Xanga
Tumblr
Wretch
OkCupid
PlentyOfFish
True
Photo SitesdeviantART
Fotolog
ImageShack
PhotoBucket
Picasa
PictureTrail
WebShots
Behance
SmugMug
Last.fm
Pandora
SoundCloud
Lyrics
MTV
dailymotion
Flixster
Hulu
Justin TV
Metacafe
Ustream TV
Veoh
YouTube
Break
Vimeo
CitySearch
eHow
Eventful
Foursquare
TripAdvisor
Zillow
Topix
Upcoming
Etsy
Zazzle
Epinions
Kaboodle
edit on 31-12-2010 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheManipulator

I didn't put my stuff out there.
And I make much more than the 500k they put up there, yea right.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Meh, no biggie, if you are to lazy to undo all the damage yourself by finding everything and removing it you could just use a website such as reputation defender ....some people claim they are scams, but meh you never know.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
OMG, I can't believe it, now everyone is going to know I'm really just a 12 year old girl, and I have been lying all this time.
Pease don't tell my mom and dad.

The Feds must know everything, I can not believe it, it's all out in the open now, is nothing sacred.

And no I did say that on Facebook.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Hey X...all you do is click on your info on that site, then copy the info in the address bar at top and paste into URL request...hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

You are welcome, I'm sure there are more sites like this out there, but I figure the more we know about and can "remove" ourselves from, the better! Thanks for the comp on my name...lol!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's really no different than Google. That site just condensed your public information and made it a lot easier to access and obtain. Have you ever Google'd yourself? That's kinda scary too.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Did you notice Facebook disappeared from their search parameters?

...My Facebook account showed up on my first search there - but when I checked it again (after this thread had been running for a while), it was gone.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Very interesting.....hmmm

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I have never gotten much googling myself, that's why I was a bit surprised about the amount of info this site had for free, let alone what one might get for the small fee.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
any place that uses stock images for customer service is pretty much wack.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If I were you guys I wouldn't bother trying to remove your information, there are hundreds (probably thousands) of these sites on the internet and you'll never get your information off the internet for good so you're only wasting your time. Most of the information from these small sites just gets fed from intelius.com, others search court records, property records, etc which are all public record anyways. Just search background checks or free background checks or anything like that google and you'll be amazed at the information you can piece together about yourself or anyone else from a bunch of different sites. One of the best free people search that has been around for years is zabasearch.com. You can get past/current addresses, past/current phone numbers, birth month and year + more all for free just by typing in a first and last name, plus a state usually helps narrow things down more if it's a common name. Obviously not everything you will find will be 100% accurate, but it's close enough most of the time. I'm surprised more of you aren't aware of this as ATS users always claims to be in the know about everything but I guess the obvious stuff gets overlooked.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join