It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist watch list: One tip now enough to put name in database, officials say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Terrorist watch list: One tip now enough to put name in database, officials say

www.washingtonpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

A year after a Nigerian man allegedly tried to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner, officials say they have made it easier to add individuals' names to a terrorist watch list and improved the government's ability to thwart an attack in the United States.

senior counterterrorism officials say they have altered their criteria so that a single-source tip, as long as it is deemed credible, can lead to a name being placed on the watch list.

the counterterrorism center undertook a multimillion-dol
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
With the amount of paranoid people nowadays how long until a massive database of innocent people reported by paranoid people end up on this list?

This almost sounds like a redneck's wet dream does it not?

You don't like someone, put him on the list!

Someone looks strange or.... doesn't look like you
Put him on the list!

Much of the pursuit group's work is filtering out irrelevant information.

Don't be naive!

We are entering a new era!

www.washingtonpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would agree with you except for the "Redneck" remark. A "redneck" in general would want to be left alone and would mind their own business. Perhaps "progressive" or "liberal democrat" would be a better term to be used.

BTW, using a term like "Redneck" in describing poor, white persons could be looked at the same as using N***** to describe poor, black persons.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The ironic thing about this is that it takes months, even years to get your name OFF the TSA watch list.

It's almost as if they want to put everyone's name on the list.
edit on 30-12-2010 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
I would agree with you except for the "Redneck" remark. A "redneck" in general would want to be left alone and would mind their own business. Perhaps "progressive" or "liberal democrat" would be a better term to be used.

BTW, using a term like "Redneck" in describing poor, white persons could be looked at the same as using N***** to describe poor, black persons.

A redneck is a prejudiced bigot
Progressive or liberal dem??????????

Not at all dude

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
all you need is fear - dadadadaa, all you need is fear, fear, all you really need is fear.....ups. It was love. Love!
2nd.
Stupid we will end, full of fear and hate. supper!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
A redneck is a prejudiced bigot
Progressive or liberal dem??????????

Not at all dude

I guess it all depends on your perspective. Here in the south, rednecks are very commonly associated as being pro-labor and anti-establishment and have an anti-hierarchical religious orientation.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Which means that it'll be about six months before 95% of the U.S. is on the terrorist watch list, particularly with DHS putting up monitors in various shopping places encouraging people to report anyone suspicious.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

I would only accept the idea of databasing people if they had already PROVEN beyond any doubt, that they are indeed part of a network of terrorists, and in the case of the US , I do not believe that it is appropriate for domestic "terrorists" (read patriots, fans of the constitution and so on) to be included , or the groups they operate as part of to be included either. Its one thing battering the KKK (because those scum sucking Nazi sacks of human waste deserve a kicking) , but putting genuine patriot groups in along side them is bogus, and Im sure Im not alone in thinking so.
Yet those groups are considered in the same breath, and by the same agencies as a threat all of a piece. So you have patriots, fundamentalist islamic terror groups, rascist organisations, all in one pot. This is just down right unacceptable.
Perhaps whats needed is not a blanket ban on this constant placing of people in boxes, but a refinement. If you hate based on creed ,colour, or religious belief, then you go on the list. If you believe in freedom then no one is allowed a look at your affairs, and the government can keep thier noses out thank you very much !

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If someone called in a "tip" on every crooked politician, CEO as well as Homeland Security and FBI agent., maybe they'll get a taste of their own medicine. They are the true terrorists.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I believe that I am on the list. Do some google research on militias and Islamic terrorist sites for news. Pay real close attention and you might see the suits following you.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

With the amount of paranoid people nowadays how long until a massive database of innocent people reported by paranoid people end up on this list?

This almost sounds like a redneck's wet dream does it not?

You don't like someone, put him on the list!

Someone looks strange or.... doesn't look like you
Put him on the list!

No kidding!

Absolute heaven for vindictive troublemakers.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'll accept putting people on a terrorist watch list when they've got actual ties to real terrorist groups. Meaning that when these terrorist groups engage in real acts of terrorism, then it's okay to put them on a terrorist watchgroup list. But since we've seen that small children are regularly stopped and searched for being on the terrorist watch lists, I don't expect that level of intelligence out of DHS personnel.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

look for abnormal low flying air traffic.

watch for flash's behind tinted windows, in cars driving past you at night.

learn modern "tailing" patterns, then setup a seemingly casual trip to _____ and master your own system of identifying cars. (hint: its not like in the movies)

be sure to subtly insert comments on the internet revealing your counter surveillance knowledge and interest, while at the same time acting the complete opposite part in your everyday life, let them be aware of your disinformation.

9 times out of 10, doing things of this nature will make them think they have been made, and they will switch up one of the routines to a degree that you will have to notice..

often doing things of this nature will help make them more apparent if they are watching you.

one thing they hate, is when you go out of your way to do things that make absolutely no sense. do this as frequently as possible. the more wild the goose chase, the more $$$$ it costs them to accomplish nothing.

know that all media is monitored, saturate it with disinformation.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hmmmm.

We are thinking of going for a trip to the USA in a couple of years. I'd really prefer not to end up spending all that money on tickets for me and the fam, just to end up with someone with their gloved fingers up my pooper and being rejected from going.

Are they going to make this list available for people to check to see before they go into the airports or try to cross the border?

Seriously, I can spend my money elsewhere. I'd like to take the kids to see the Grand Canyon, and Zion National Park....but if I'm going to have to put up with that because someone decided I was the Soccer-Mom-Of-The-Apocaplyse (
) I can take them to Europe or for a Carribean vacation instead.

Happy to spend my money elsewhere. Its a big World.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
shes a Witch, burn her.
hes a Red, kill him. reds under the bed.
hes a Terrorist, kill him.

new topics

top topics

join