It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Iran nuclear bomb 'still three years away'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Iran dose have underground facilities where it is claimed to be enriching uranium to be used to provide "nuclear power" securing that process in this way is logical... Strategic placement of other active nuclear facilities containing fissile radioactive materials (nuclear fuel rods etc) are literally open targets.

The Iranian nuclear program, at least what is known is quite interesting... A lot of accurate information can be found here...

en.wikipedia.org...

Also do not forget Russia's involvement in Iran's nuclear plant development construction and fueling.

It isn't anything like Iraq's attempt in the 80's ... This is a vast program with a long history... Read up on some of it before speculating.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Fractured,
I have read what Iran has been doing in the past, not that I have tried to keep up on it. Although that is one of the few times I can remember any one saying wiki is an accurate source of information. About the only thing I do pay much attention to is some nations are saying Iran is working on nuke weapons, and Iran is saying they are not. There for one of the two are lying.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
It isn't anything like Iraq's attempt in the 80's ... This is a vast program with a long history... Read up on some of it before speculating.

Actually if I am not mistaken the Iraq reactor was set up for research and not actual power generation. Ive stated before IRan has a right to nuclear power, and the US has stated it also. Where the concern comes in is the refusal by Iran to allow access to some of their nuclear sites, which are required to be disclosed and open to inspection.

They got caught with one secret facility to date, which does create a dark cloud about their actual intentions. The UN resolutions against Iran, from the very first one passed, calls for an immideate end to sanctions the moment Iran complies with the resolution, which is to stop enrichment until the sites can be checked and verified, with monitoring equipment in place, just as all other signatories of the NPT do.

Its the distrust on both sides of the fence that keeps this issue going in circles.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Everything in that wiki page can be independently verified seperately, I too am skeptical of Wikipedia, but in this case it was a good source where a lot of it is available in one place.

For what it is worth, anyway.

There are very real reasons why Israel has not used any military options on Iran, and in the end that is what this is about.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Fractured,
I have little doubt there is about a hundred bad reasons for Israel to use military action on Iran for about one good one. The problem is in this messed up world we are in it just might happen some day.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What is more likely to happen would be a series of failed covert ops to initiate revolt and regime change in Iran.. Oh wait that has already happened and failed... The next and most likely phase will be a nuclear bomb being detonated by "terrorists" in either Europe or the USA.

The unique thing about a nuclear bomb detonation is that the radioactive materials will have a signature that will conclusively identify the source of the bomb, and in particular where the nuclear material was manufactured, or refined.... If that happens Iran, NK or Pakistan may be the source.... Lets say it is Iran... All bets are off at that point. The US will lead a war on Iran and Iran will face military annihilation.

IF Mossad is some how able to infiltrate the Iranian nuclear program and obtain their material, and stage such an attack, they could get exactly what they want, the destruction of Iran and the threat removed without having to do anything more.

That is the covert option Israel has left. It is one that could be in the working stages now.

Lets keep hoping for a diplomatic solution though.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

There is still some call for change brewing in Iran, from the disputed last elections. How that plays on there nuke program though is up to any ones guess. I don't see where covert ops comes into it though, unless you are saying the election results were fraudulent. If memory serves there was a lot of talk about that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join