It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police demand new powers to stop and search terror suspects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

When they had this power before , the abuse was rife, and crucialy there were no terror arrests as a result of its use. I believe Stumason has provided the figures somewhere in amongst his posts, unless I am very much mistaken.
While its true that there COULD be some great reasons for a police force to want this law passed, on this occasion, and with this police force, there arent. They have already proven incapable of wielding this power effectively or justly , and therefore should be prevented from having it again.
Another thing, Im pretty sure we pay the domestic arm of our intelligence services ,MI5 ,enough money to locate and capture or kill , anyone who plans ANYTHING more serious than a bank job, and that ALL anti terror policing ought to be done by thier operatives, and should have nothing to do with our regular constabulary or anyone who has ever worn a police uniform.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

OMG!!! A "DOUBLE TERROR THREAT"!!!

Those Brits had better surrender any privacy, liberty or sovereignty that they ever had so that the government can keep them safe. I mean goodness, a "DOUBLE terror threat".

Is it just me or is all of this fear mongering just getting ridiculous!?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Pffftttthh.. And a 2 finger salute to the plods.. Last thing in the world they need is "more police powers" .. They already abuse the power they have..

new topics

<< 1   >>

join