It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldstream's Green River--- This just ain't right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I'm no expert, however, I have seen enough in my life to know that this is more than a play on light going on here. Someone, hopefully, was taking some samples of that water to have it tested.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

weird.

what is upstream, and is this recently or on St. Patrick's day?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Perhaps Springfield Nuke Plant is upstream and Mr. Burns just wants another three eyed fish for dinner?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

Nuke plants don't have anything that's green like this. That's just on the Simpsons. This has to be dye of some sort. My guess is it's a St. Patrick's day thing. But if not, then a textile plant. Hope not, dye like that is caustic and would kill all the fish in that area if it's that concentrated. Lets hope for dye.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sounds like it could be a prank...

VICTORIA — A prank is probably responsible for turning water in the Goldstream River fluorescent green late Wednesday afternoon.

Horrified nature-lovers watched as water flowing past the Goldstream Park picnic area mysteriously changed colour.

While onlookers worried about the effect on fish and wildlife, water samples were collected by the Langford Fire Department and handed to teams from the provincial Environment Ministry.

“Ministry staff believe the cause of the colouring is a water-tracing dye used in the testing of sanitary water systems,” said Environment Ministry spokesman Dan Gilmore Wednesday evening.

Two samples will be reviewed Thursday and the ministry considers the incidents to be vandalism, he said.

If the green colouring is confirmed to be water-testing dye, it is not known to be harmful to fish and wildlife.

www.vancouversun.com...

edit on 30/12/10 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Have seen some pretty bad blue/green algae blooms from too much fertilizer in the rivers, this one looks like a huge amount of engine coolant. Whatever it is it ain't right.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Where exactly is this going on... Canada? What is upstream from this point.... or is anyone able to locate a cause for this? That is a very bright florescent green. It's the kind of stuff you'd jump into for superpowers almost. I wouldn't do that myself though...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Fluorescein, popularized I believe by the cult movie (when you're 14) re-animator IV;
no big deal, disappear quickly and not toxic

Fluorescein is a synthetic organic compound available as a dark orange/red powder soluble in water and alcohol. It is widely used as a fluorescent ...

en.wikipedia.org...

was a lot of fun (at that time) I confess to freak out people dropping some of that powder in city fountains

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ye must be a prank made with dye, like the article posted says..
The first things I thought of was ghostbusters river of slime...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's messed up. I don't know the regulations now, but textile mills used to affect water color. They'd dump waste water into the rivers. The dyes they used would turn the water different colors.

top topics

join