It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell Offered Oprah Ambassadorship - 'name your country'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A couple of places where this can be found ... (The story is in Parade Magazine)

Huffington Post

Parade magazine

American Hot News

Oprah Winfrey was once offered the chance to become a U.S. ambassador by former Secretary of State Colin Powell. The politician and statesman were dining with the talk show queen at a party in Washington, D.C. five years ago when he turned to Winfrey and asked her to consider a high office within the George W. Bush administration.

Aces Show Biz

She tells Parade magazine, "He said that when we were in the ambassadors room and I said, 'Gee... an ambassador! I think that would be really great.' He goes, 'Name your country, baby, name your country'." Winfrey reveals the offer has never been made since.

Democratifi News

Oh for crying out loud!

- Was Colin Powell authorized to make such an offer? 'name your country - baby' he said to Oprah. According to her, he wasn't kidding around.

- She was smart not to take him up on it. It would have been a huge salary cut for her. And in her position now as head clucker in chief to braindead women, she really has more power and more say with what goes on in the country anyways.

- She's got business savy and knows how to play the game and how to play people. I suppose that makes her qualified to be an ambassador, right? Well .. yes and no. What she's lacking is the ability to work well with others. Reports out of Oprah-land say she's a tyrant and you can't be tyranical and a mouthy-bossy bully when you are an ambassador.

- When I read the headlines I figured it was Obama who was offering her the job as a payoff for her campaigning for him. Color me surprised ... instead it was Colin Powell hotdogging it during an event. Maybe he was authorized ... maybe not. Maybe he was trying to impress the rich hollywood chickiepoo by throwing around ambassadorships. Dunno. But he treated the post of Ambassadorship like a candybar that he got free by trick or treating on Halloween.

edit on 12/30/2010 by FlyersFan because: moved text

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
No I think he was just trying to impress her and get her in bed .The old I'm a hollywood producer trick
Don't think I could handle another bloody celeb ambassador .

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you realize between Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump, Bill Gates and Angelia Jolie alone.........by giving 1% of their overall wealth they can stop world hunger (and probably feed the abandon pets at the ASPCA too)????

What is wrong with this planet?

Ah nevermind,

I already know.

new topics

join