It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Children Spoon Bending - The Real Thing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojoharry
Notice how every kid puts there hand under the desk (same hand they bent the spoon in)

This is 100% fake.

THANK YOU, this was driving me nuts.....but I suppose people will believe what they want to believe. I heard stories of a guy that could turn water into wine...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This kid gets an A+ for attempt and realism but an F for results

Bloody hilarious. Fantastic. Thanks for sharing that Slayer.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Moving this to Hoax. It's already been shown:

1) How to do the illusion
2) Evidence from the video in question illustrating that indeed, they are performing this same illusion.

The bigger conspiracy is if someone is trying to pass this off as evidence of mental powers amongst China's youth, for propaganda purposes?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

But the one I posted is real!

The kid really does use his mind er umm head to bend the spoon. Slightly....

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. After reading through the comments I realize it's a hoax. Telekineses is an interesting subject nonetheless. I've always been interested in Chi, or the 'life-force'. Having seen videos of supposed Chi-masters directing their energy flows to effect their environment, I still believe moving objects with the mind is plausible and should be studied more.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
reply to post by B.Morrison

This is a really enjoyable video, do you have the second part?
this one ends just where Geller has earned his money from big oil by telling them where to drill. I remember hearing about this at Uni in the 80's in Geology class, it made us all wonder why we bothered learning about 'rock science' when Uri could pass his hands over a map and find the oil that way

See now Uri I can't believe people say he's debunked. On the one hand yes several times he failed to bend spoons etc.

However, when asked to psychically read chris angels message in the envelope,
Uri said 19 then 1 then 1, in the context of talking about 'dates'.

The message was a date, 911.

Uri was only allowed 20 seconds to answer and he mentioned all 3 numbers in 18 seconds - however before he was allowed to finish speaking chris cut him off, claimed he failed, then they closed the program immediately without allowing Uri a chance to say anything whatsoever.

I'm glad at least one person watched the video because the way stan moves the pen & the spoon is nothing like the trickery in these Chinese videos and I don't think anyone here could actually debunk it with anything 'solid'. I may have to start a new thread for it if this is canned...

here is part 2

Google Video Link

btw if anyone can explain either STAN (spoon bend & pen move) or JOHN CHANG (fire from hands, electricity from hands, catching a bullet, pushing a chopstick through a wooden table....) or has anything else like those guys, please let me know, thanks!

-B.M
edit on 30/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It is only a hoax because you and some others have taken the video out of context. If you look at the video's name and description, there are no references to 'use of the mind' or 'mind bending' or etc.

Looking at the 2005 video, you can see they state, "Teaching Spoon Bending (Lesson 2, Toyota Municipal Museum of Art, 2005)". The key word is "art".

In fact, the words "hoax" and "magic" are closely related, but still distinct. Check this out: en.wikipedia.org...

A hoax differs from a magic trick or from fiction (books, movies, theatre, radio, television, etc.) in that the audience is unaware of being deceived, whereas in watching a magician perform an illusion the audience expects to be tricked.

So it seems you (all) who deem it a hoax, did not expect it to be a trick even though they explicitly stated it was from a museum of art. Us who deemed it magic, were initial skeptics and expected to be tricked.

Alright No sense in beating a dead horse.

Anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join