It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well This Might Explain The Alien "Skin-Tight" Clothing...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Skin-tight spacesuit reduces bone loss

One of the issues facing astronauts who spend too much time in space -- apart from missing family and aging at a slightly different rate from the rest of us -- is that they suffer bone loss. MIT has invented a new spacesuit, called the Gravity Loading Countermeasure Skinsuit (GLCS), that simulates the effects of gravity on the body and helps reduce bone loss.

a57.foxnews.com...

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EdwardSlayton

Eh nice picture? I guess...

Do you have any kind of info about the suit to relay to us, or are we going to have to research it on our own? I'm a lazy american, you see.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Great post. It explains everything...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
OMG!!!! Isnt it obvious guys?! This explains everything!!! Tight clothing isnt just a fashion trend that comes and goes with time. Its an elaborate conspiracy to prepare for the alien invasion. See, when the aliens come and invade us and take us to prisons on other planets we are going to have to wear skin tight clothing so that we dont lose bone density during the trip and can still be viable slaves. Therefore, the media puppets and fashion snobs are trying to get all the sheeple to wear skin tight clothing NOW, so when the time comes they dont have to make all of us change clothes....I thought it would have been obvious.

If you cannot take a joke by someone bored at work please disregard this post. Not "poking fun" at anyone, just having fun with the comments about there not being an explanation.
edit on 30-12-2010 by acmpnsfal because: some people lack a sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I for one find it quite interesting and think it's an intriguing explanation for the skin tight suites aliens always seem to be wearing, particularly the greys. Flag from me if that's worth anything.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

People like you need to be banned from posting on this forum. Even though the OP did not share enough information on the subject IMO, that does not give you the right to poke fun. Take your dribble to /b/

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Assuming there are grey aliens, the sexy lycra suits and spaceships would be just a modernisation of the image. A hundred years ago it was horns and wings. Now sexy tight suits and spaceships.

Pity we don't see curvy female aliens. That would have created an army of trenchcoat-clad enthusiasts sifting through woods and forests.

edit on 30-12-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

looks like a compression suit, they use compression stockings on people with edema, might work the sane way

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I didn't realise astronauts had issues with losing bones...

Ohh! you must of meant bone density! Gotcha!

What NASA need to do is create a big enough space station so it can spin and create it's own gravity...problem solved!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What NASA need to do is create a big enough space station so it can spin and create it's own gravity...problem solved!

Wouldn't spin just create a magnetic field or something? I didn't know it had anything to do with gravity, it's simply mass if I'm not mistaken, and I'm pretty sure it would take a ridiculously massive space station to generate a reasonable degree of gravity.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
i doubt all the fat people in the world will look good in skinny jeans, maybe its the end of days for those a bit partial to a kfc as the secret to getting on the escape ship when the world ends is being thin.would make some sense with regards to weight and flight etc...
i bet the pro anorexia web sights would love this secret info but dont be fooled,if you dont eat enough, your bones will deteriate anyway.
we could use this formula- 1 foot in height to every 2 stones in weight, give or take 2 pounds per foot.
i think i should work for nasa with this genius, any recruiters send me a message!

edit on 30-12-2010 by lewman because: missed commer

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Nope, spin will do it, or a massive craft that will create it's own gravitational field.

Or anti-gravity technology of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
Wouldn't spin just create a magnetic field or something? I didn't know it had anything to do with gravity, it's simply mass if I'm not mistaken, and I'm pretty sure it would take a ridiculously massive space station to generate a reasonable degree of gravity.

The spinning creates centrifugal force on objects inside a cylinder which is an acceleration exactly the same as a gravitational acceleration except for the fact that the direction is away from the centre instead of toward the centre. I won't go into the maths (although it's quite simple) but a force of 1G (9.8m/S^2) can be created at the inner wall of a cylinder spinning at a mere 9.5 RPM for a cylinder of 20m diameter. A 10m diameter cylinder need only spin at around 13 RPM to produce 1G.

Another means of creating 'artificial' gravity would be to accelerate the craft at a constant 1G until halfway through the journey, then decelerate at a constant 1G coming to a relative standstill at your destination. That way the occupants would experience normal earthlike gravity for the entire journey.

To create earthlike gravity from mass alone you'd need to have the same mass as the earth and that's somewhat impractical to be taking with you

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik

People like you need to be banned from posting on this forum. Even though the OP did not share enough information on the subject IMO, that does not give you the right to poke fun. Take your dribble to /b/

Lazy people who have to just click on a button on their pc, they should get banned before some funny guy.
I gave him a star, not you, his comment had more going for it than yours stating and letting us know, you are lazy.

Would be good more info OP
All in all, it's very interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There is a girl that works upstairs that is an obvious alien I guess. I think they pour her into her clothes in the morning.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

as most alleged alien craft , allegedly use " anti gravity " tech , and by inference - would allegely have inertia compensation too

thus - the alleged occupants would need no suit to protect them against the long term privations of micro gravity

unless you allege that earth is a microgravity environment to these alleged aliens - thus demanding that they need protection against exposure to our 1g environment

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

I for one find it quite interesting and think it's an intriguing explanation for the skin tight suites aliens always seem to be wearing, particularly the greys. Flag from me if that's worth anything.

Me too.

I think this is fascinating.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ever see the emo/scene/skater kids jeans/shirts today?

If they are this tight on earth in 2010, imagine beings from another word/future.

LOL

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

My first response was "Euwww"...

That guy in the white one really, erm uh stands out...

I was going to make some joke about how it is a covering for their rock hard abs, but, no the picture just ended my sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Good time to learn a good trick so the Aliens don't dissect you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join