It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PressTV project and conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
PressTV

"Press TV is a 24-hour English language global news network owned by Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB)."
(Wikipedia)

PressTV is nationally owned by Iran. It allows its viewers to write their comments at the bottom of every news, without having to register or something similar. All the viewer's opinions are processed before posted in the bottom of the website,

Conspiracy

There are certain viewer opinions and facts PressTV is not willing to publish. I have posted many relevant information regarding the news posted, but they are not willing to publish it.

Now anyone who is a regular poster in PressTV would realize this immediately, because certain views are never published.

Project

It would be great for ATS members to visit PressTV, post their views regarding certain news then collect what opinions are published and what opinions are not.

That way we can collect behind the scene truth, hence what is Iran trying to hide? PressTV is "state funded" news source therefore the information they try to hide is the same information Iran tries to hide.

Hoping ATS would participate with this project

I'm hoping ATS would take this opportunity to collectively crack this little puzzle.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lurkee

Sounds like a plan to me... I have been complaining about facts / info linked to these forums from PressTV because of the manner its portrayed.

Instead of singeling out Presstv, lets try to make it PressTV, A US reporting agency, maybe FoxNews since most people in here hate Fox, and maybe Asian press. We can find news coverage on one incident from these three different sources and see how its reported, whats included or left out.

This should give an idea of why info is left out, depending on the audience and impact on the affected countries.

We could also do the post idea to see how well its allowed from the different sites.

As much as I hate PressTV, and It is a lot, Western Media is also guilty of ignoring news as well. This will allow your idea the ability to allow everyone to participate, instead of mainly western people bitching about Iranian Media, and non western bitching about our media with no outlet for their own critique. I suggest you make it all inclusive nd let ATS work together to see what we can do, instead of setting it up to go after each other.

I say lets invite everyone in and let them critique the news source. Who reported the story, who carried it and how, how was it played by other media sources? Did they change it, leave info out, change info, make it up?

A very good idea you have their.

Just my 2 cents.

new topics

join