It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pearl Harbour and the British

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Whilst watching a programme on Channel Four recently about some of the secrets of World War Two there were one or two I found surprising, like Hitlers plan for Germany and Britain to divide up the world between them with the British Empire intact and a German Empire ruling the rest (including the USA). Apparently Hitler believed that without the British Empire to keep order the Middle East would descend into constant warfare! What a looney eh ?

The one I found most shocking however was the story that a Royal Navy squadron that had sailed north from Australia had detected the Japanese fleet on Dec 5th 1941 but manged to remain undetected themselves. Contact was made with London as a matter of urgency and a warning issued to the admiralty that it was intended to forward to the US embassy but Churchill, mindful of how increasingly desperate the whole war situation would become for Britain the longer it dragged on with us fighting alone, intercepted the message and withheld it saying "Now, they will HAVE to enter the war!".

It also revealed (though I have hears this before) That Churchill wanted to declare war on Russia as soon as Germany surrendered because he saw them as the major threat to world secuity in the forthcoming years and knew that the forthcoming Atom bomb would make the allies unstoppable. However the US vetoed the idea and then regretted the decision for the next 40 years.

It seems that Churchill was only happy if we were fighting, he was a rubbish PM when he did get back in during the fifties.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by waynos]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Although this information is highly damning for Mr. Churchill, my favorite quote of all time was made by winston when he said, "Democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others."

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Good Grief.
Hitler wanting to rule the world?
I guess since it's Germany they will say anything regardless of how far-fetched.
I have heard aboout Churchill's comments, though and that is probably true.

Roosevelt was also doing everything he could to provoke Germany into attacking U.S. shipping, so as to bring America into the war.
Kinda like Wilson and the S.S. Sussex all over again.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The version I heard of the quote is "Now, he will have his war". although I've googled for both and can't find either version. It was a TV documentary exploring whether Roosevelt/Churchill allowed Pearl Harbour to happen, but I can't remember which one, or vouch for it's authority.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Folks:

Check out this link ref: the McCullum Memorandum, which pretty much damns Franklin Roosevelt

www.independent.org...

There are many other links like it regarding the McCullum Memorandum on the Internet, a plan to get the US into the war by provoking the Japanese into attacking us, and moreover which was apparently approved by Franklin Roosevelt more than a year BEFORE Pearl Harbor.

It is curious that Kimmel and Short were deliberately left out of the loop on intercepting any Japanese traffic (we had in fact already broken the Purple Code long before and were reading their top secrete coded transcripted traffic like it was newspaper), so we knew when the attack would take place.

Also since the Japanese were 6 months away from depleting their oil supply, they would have had to attack Singapore (British owned back then) and that would have brought Great Britain into World War II in the Pacific, and it would have only been a matter of time before their cousins in America joined the fray...

Only recently have people begun to question why Kimmel and Short were left out of the loop and why the Navy had so many ships in one single vulnerable place when it was well known in the Navy that the Japanese Fleet was out to Sea...

I suspect something very similar was going on at the highest levels of the US Govt pertaining to 9-11 when the US Military was apparently told to "stand down" when they could have easily shot down both those airliners in plenty of time, despite all the rhetoric to the contrary on those silly "hearings" which avoided the hard questions, like what were those 5 Laughing Mossad Agents doing on the building next door to the WTC that morning taking pictures, before being secretly sent back to Israel, and why aren't these "foreign" gentle-persons still under arrest and placed in Guantanamo Bay?

Pearl Harbor stinks. 9-11 Stinks. I suppose we have to consider what groups had the most to gain, and you'd have your answer (Bremer's Executive Edict #39 should be your first "clue"...)

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Pearl Harbor was certainly not an "unexpected attack".
The Americans (higher Military) knew it was coming...

Oh well, nice to see the yanks decided to "join" the War (half-way through), after most of my relatives had died as Jap POWS in Changi, on the Burma Railway and in the Coal Mines of Japan.

top topics

join