It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the earliest video game you remember playing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

LOL!!! No one has mentioned lemonade stand pc game www.theage.com.au...

Im old.

And Pong. Liked Asteroids better than space invaders. Hee! hee! good times.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Berzerk (spelling?) on Atari! And I thought those graphics were awesome
Big square lines making the outline of a person - stick figures in motion baby! Now I occasionally get 'owned' by realist 'Block Ops' characters...somehow I think dying by stick figure is less traumatic!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The first Super Mario Brothers game.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
duck hunt

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Very first Game I played was Wonderboy on the Sega Master system. to this day I still Freakin love it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A little game called cannon ball on the Atari 2600, you had to shoot a little stick man out of a cannon and try and land him onto a trampoline thingy, total rubbish really...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

The first one I vividly remember was Forbidden Forest for the Commodore 64 cassette drive. God I miss that thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by q_ball

The first one I vividly remember was Forbidden Forest for the Commodore 64 cassette drive. God I miss that thing.

God that game used to give me nightmares... I think it was the music:

www.youtube.com...

My first ever game?

en.wikipedia.org...

Space Panic for the VIc 20.
edit on 2-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Pong. Or actually it was the second version of the console that had Pong/Hockey modes with the difficulty switch that made the on-screen "paddles" smaller. At some babysitter's house, when I was 4.

As for the first console my family owned? That would be the 2600 which was about a year or so later. The first four games it had was the generic watered-down version of Pacman, and followed by Asteroids, Combat, and Frogger. Later on we got the other classic cartridge games like Pitfall, Centipede, Enduro, RiverRaider, etc...

My first real computer games were on the Atari XE. (Ok, you could count the Apple IIe games at school, but they were pretty lame in comparison.) On that one, it was a toss up between Mig Alley Ace, StarRaiders, and Blue Max. All of those were excellent games back in the day.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Pong. I was very young and it wasn't our console. years later I moved next door to a boy who had an atari and we played centipede, asteroids, defender, fast food, et, one about some kind of oasis and megamania.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Mine was Alley Cat, it was released for pc in 1984. That was 6 years before I was born
but my dad had bought it and when I was like 3 or 4 I started playing it and I fell in love with it. I still have it, though I have to use a DOS emulator to run it
. A couple of weeks ago we found the original game, the 5¼-inch floppy disk and it brought back so many happy memories

edit on 5-2-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
While this wasn't a typical video game, Colossal Cave Adventure was played on the IBM 370 mainframe computer. www.rickadams.org/adventure and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure and more www.wurb.com... It was/is a text only cave/dungeon crawl game. It can be downloaded or played online. Here is where to play online www.astrodragon.com... It helps to map the game out. You can collect items and use magic. You start out standing at the end of a road by a brick building. The game was started in idea form as early as 1972 and then created in 1975 by Will Crowther and revised in 1976 by Will Crowther and Don Woods.

This is a really old sort of RPG game. Anyone play it?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here are some of my favourite video games, from days long gone.

My favourite C64 / Amiga games

Ugh! , Turrican 1 + 2, Exile, Cannon fodder, Lemmings, D-Generation, The Black Knight (text adventure) , Zork, Lost Vikings, Arkanoid, Tetris, Diggers, Labyrinth of time... so many more.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Original mario for regular nintendo. Ninja turtles for regular nintendo. Some game were you beat on guys with a pipe,also regular nintendo.

Yea,my parents hooked me up with a regular nintendo when i was about 2 or 3.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Mine would have to be Circus Circus and Pitfall. Spent hours on them even though I was crappy at both. That and I think it was called warlords or something like that. Me and my brother played for hours trying to knock down pixelated blocks to claim the victory.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The old old Sonic games lol..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
blitz on the commodore vic 20. an epic game with only one control. the space bar.

kx

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is easy...Pac-man, the game the atari 2600 originally came with. I remember the day, and I remember how lame it was compared to the arcade version.. I was only like 6...so I'm not THAT old.

Wow that ghost is going NUTS..ok...the ghosts didn't actually do that...not on my atari!

edit on 23-2-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
To prove I'm a old fart, I remember before pong
when it was all about pinball & foosball.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join