It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's about to be 2011. Should we start going outside now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Think about it briefly ... we're about to be in the year 2011.... nothing really bad has happened to you if you have lived in a normal United States City (excluding katrina) in the past few years. Can you name bad things, catastrophic things that have happened lately? Not really. A Natural disaster and 9/11 is the only things I can think of. Some trapped miners and who gives a damn what celebs do nowadays? It's all about sex. Celebs have sex with other celebs. Everything is going fine...

I'm saying this because most of these documentaries we see on T.V predicting future events were recorded around 10+ years ago. Oh lord in late 2000's we're gonna see major change! I'm still waiting for a 9/11, I hate to say it. But as a person who loves conspiracies, and all of this I like to see ...things happen, things predicted in life.

And let's skip 2 days. Only 1 more year 'til the sacred "2012" comes. The year where everything will change! This is the big one folks. We've been waiting for years for this year to come....and...ya know life really hasn't changed much since 9/11...I gotta say. So why not just give up these predictions? Why are we so after them? Again, NOTHING HAS REALLY HAPPENED EXCEPT CONTROLLED DEMOLITION in the past 10 years....and yet we still keep digging and digging like a bunch of archaeologists in the middle of the Sahara! Trying to find some big diamond that we probably will never find!

And it doesn't matter anyway! Because 2012 is coming in a year! So WTH people. I don't get it. It's like we're just sitting here boasting to ourselves "yeah saw that ATS...i predicted it". Predicted what? Weather? Please... IDK.

TL;DR. Nothing really has happened in the past 10 years except controlled demolition, and natural disasters that you probably weren't effected from. Why keep after this kind of stuff?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Whoa hold it right there stud
It'll be around December of 2012 when the promised day comes
So about 2 more years, If I am correct.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It's about to be 2011. Should we start going outside now?

No, but we should start going inside out, now. (in preparation)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:3

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I just cannot disagree more with your thoughts on this and it reminds me why it disturbs me that people seem to think that if it does not happen to them directly it just is not serious. Below is a small list of the major human disasters which have been happening in the past 10 years. Think about it, there are hundreds not listed as well as the single family and small community tragedies from weather related anomalies. We are gearing up for some major changes that will eventually hit home for you, in the meantime do your homework and don't let all of the lives lost mean nothing.

Death tolls:

173 Black Saturday bushfires Australia February 7 – March 14, 2009

229,866 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami Indonesia 2004

40,000 2003 European heat wave Europe 2003

19,727 2001 Gujarat earthquake India 02001-01-26 January 26, 2001

68,712 (18392 missing) 2008 Sichuan earthquake China 02008-05-12 May 12, 2008

79,000 2005 Kashmir earthquake Pakistan (disputed region) 02005-10-08 October 8, 2005

230,000 2010 Haiti earthquake Haiti 02010-01-12 January 12, 2010

146,000 Cyclone Nargis Myanmar May 2, 2008

40,000,000–100,000,000 Tuberculosis 01900 !20th century – present
Important Topic Updates
[9]

80,000,000–250,000,000 Malaria 01900 !20th century – present

926 2008 Afghanistan blizzard Afghanistan 02008 2008

102 2010 Kohistan avalanche Pakistan 02010 2010

125 Kolka-Karmadon rock ice slide Russia 02002 2002

172 2010 Salang avalanches Afghanistan 02010 2010

230,000+ 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami Indonesia 02004-12-01December 2004

220,000-230,000 2010 Haiti earthquake Haiti 02010-01-01January 2010

230,210 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami Sumatra, Indonesia 02004-12-26December 26, 2004

en.wikipedia.org... extra DIV

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I remember being told that big things are going to happen in 1984 as part of some orweillian style event, Then 1990 was to be some epic year, etc etc. My entire life I have been hearing about how the end is rapidly approaching. dramatic earth changing events that would toss us back into the stone age or worse.

Eventually, you realize these people are just full of bull. Many different reasons why people are always proclaming the end of everything shortly. Some because they can't stomach the idea of planning and responsibility over the long haul, so convince themselves that it doesn't matter because it all is going to end soon.

Some of course to capitalize on the chronically gullible of society by selling them books, videos, and other stuff to prepare themselves for the upcoming zombie apocolypse or whatever the latest fad fear is.

2012 is a date that an ancient civilizations calender starts over. big whoop..thats it. What that means is not some planet X coming to slam into us, or some cosmic vortex coming to take away those whom have spent time meditating and giving poor people sandwiches..it is just a day much like march 17th, 2007, or any other date you want to slap up. Yet, of course people want something to look forward to in hope or fear to somehow give their own life meaning.

Once the "biggie" 2012 comes and goes, then the next big date will be 2020, or 2025, or whatever else they can scrap together to make it all seem a moot point. Childhood has taught me people are persistant in this regard, and this is not a new phenomona. Doomsday cults have been around since the dawning of civil society. Always saying it is all going to end...the Gods are coming to smite, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

This time, it's not about an ending, but a beginning. Very different, and it has way more substance than Y2K, as an example.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:3

AND .....

In the meantime I've ordered some SPIRITS and eats for a FEW of my close friends.
PARTY!!!

edit on 30-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
reply to post by SaturnFX

This time, it's not about an ending, but a beginning. Very different, and it has way more substance than Y2K, as an example.

Beginning of..exactly...what?
Beginning of the end? Oh Noes!!!!

-goes to build a house of straw

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh yes, 2012, the year where we all become enlightened, the stars will move by love, the harmony and understanding will sweep the world and...wait...where have I heard this before?!

Ya, thought so...same s--t, different day. If there was some sort of ability for people to trancend into magical unicorn people, it woulda been when the hippies walked the earth in droves "transcending" their brains out worldwide.

Time to wake up...no disney tinkerbell coming, nor demonic invasion...not a beginning or an end..just an election year, and more celeb tv until we grow old and die.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Oh yes, 2012, the year where we all become enlightened, the stars will move by love, the harmony and understanding will sweep the world and...wait...where have I heard this before?!

Ya, thought so...same s--t, different day. If there was some sort of ability for people to trancend into magical unicorn people, it woulda been when the hippies walked the earth in droves "transcending" their brains out worldwide.

Time to wake up...no disney tinkerbell coming, nor demonic invasion...not a beginning or an end..just an election year, and more celeb tv until we grow old and die.

YES! Rainbows and love-stars, awakened compassion and God realization, yes, while the dead are left to bury the dead, and the evil to continue to do evil. Precisely!

It might even be upon us and I am it's harbinger.

I laugh, but for reasons that you cannot fathom.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

You my friend just made my night... The age of aquarius the 4th dimensional hyperspace extravaganza and the coming of nibiru. None of it really does matter. If it's happening chances are we are dead and if not hey be thankful your alive. No one knows what's going to happen! StarChild Moonbeam Bowie Zappa Zeus doesn't know nor is he/she channeling the spiders of mars and ziggy stardust telling us what's going to happen. All we can do is live our normal everyday lives pray for the best (RATHER THEN THE WORST, SOMETHING THIS WEBSITE IS FULL OF. PEOPLE WHO WANT THE WORLD TO END) and prepare for the worst... on a side note that video made beer come up from my nose thank you again

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

edit on 30-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: for no reason whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Whats even more disturbing is that people continue to not mention it.. perhaps many just saw "2012" and went right to posting. Reading doesnt change what they will type anyway, neh?

As far as 2012, i dont feel anything bad will happen. Very interesting stuff that will happen all around that time though. I suggest looking at the many different unique events that are occurring without all the "X" of the world connotations. Certain celestial alignments especially. I have no idea how anyone can not be interested in that, its amazing.. ive been attempting to understand the perspective though.

However, if there was ever a date with such a prediction that would come true, it obviously takes the cake.
edit on 30-12-2010 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If you were to put together in one place all of the lesser known or msm events which have been happening in what Art bell and Whitley Shrieber have called "The Quickening" it would take an entire website devoted to it and cause the reader to most probably go insane keeping up with it all.

From fire, tornadoes, tsunami's,hurricanes, flash floods, mudslides, volcanoes, avalanches, ice storms, blizzards, drought, heavy rainfall, baseball size hail, melting ice caps, disappearing islands and new ones emerging, to lightning anomalies and earthquakes, solar events and geomagnetic storms, giant sink holes worldwide, dying oceans and dangerous tidal changes we have had one hell of a ride globally in the past 10 years with no sign of letting up.

To ever think that the world is moving along business as usual, would be to deny the truth that surrounds us. I cannot say that there will be some universal event on 2012 but if the sign post up ahead leads us to any conclusions about the future we are going to see these challenges increase and the time to make serious backup plans for not just the military industrial complex and politicians, but for mankind as a whole.

If there was a conspiracy to lessen the burden of an over populated world with dwindling resources, at one time the elite may have called on bio terror to end millions if not billions of lives but perhaps by not warning people of the impending cataclysms and making proper recommendations as well as preparations, they will clear not only their responsibility in these burdens but allow nature itself to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

An interesting thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think it has to do with people needing something to happen in their lives other than their same old mundane existence. To me, there are plenty of people who are almost hoping some kind of catastrophe will happen. If SHTF people will get out of paying their debt, their bad marriages, and their lousy jobs.

new topics

top topics

join