It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
We all know it's coming. The vast majority of us will never know the exact moment, just a rough time-frame and even that has so many exceptions to it that it renders it nothing more than a hopeful probability. Trillions of life forms have already experienced it - it is nothing new to this planet. It keeps the ball rolling, so to speak.
Regardless of our religious inclinations, most of us are doing our best to maximize the amount of time we spend as living organisms on this planet. Even the most fervent god-fearing individuals will buckle their seat belt - or look both ways before they cross the street. Those that don't think a lot of their earthly existence usually don't take any great strides to remove themselves from it. Being here is good. But we all know it won't last.
This isn't an attack on religion - and I really don't care to hear what anyone's beliefs are on any potential afterlife.
This question is mainly posed to the one thing we all know, and that we all have to face.
How does the fact that knowing you are going to die one day affect the way you act, the things you say & do, the moods you have, and the values you hold? Will anyone living five thousand years from now have the slightest clue that you even existed? How about a hundred years from now?

The way I see it is that I am blessed, whether by the cosmos, some unknown god, or just extreme fortune - take your pick. I am the one that made it out of my parents "union", out of potential hundreds of millions that could have been. Even if I live to a century and a quarter, that time is nothing at all on a cosmological scale. Some people find that to be a disturbing and depressing thought. I see it as my fifteen minutes of fame. This is my one chance to make an impression on the world. I want to be a person that people remember for being a positive influence. It's all too easy to take the cowards way out, to follow the path of nonchalance and suffice for your life to become nothing more than a series of routines. Make extra time for those you care about, and the ones that care about you. Throw more balls with your sons, have more tea parties with your daughters - take longer walks and experience slower kisses with your significant other. Give whatever you can as often as you can to those who are less fortunate. Be headstrong, love and live as hard as you can - and absolutely no one will be able to judge you for it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Awesome.

Well thought out and written.

Thank you for the read.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
true... ill 2nd that good read. You Must be a positive person, i beleive if one person knows i existed 100 years from now i'll be wrapped, even if i'm incapable of feeling emotions

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
*tear*

Incredibly written peice here, sir. I am for once, at a loss for words.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

Dear sykickvision

Well said Sir and if any of you feel that you can send some children less fortunate than you a dollar I have just the place to sent it.

www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Im not sure how many of you pick up the bible,let alone read revalation,let alone look for the sighns,let alone find the sighns i have found.

new topics

top topics

join