It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A True Christian Can Not Believe in Evolution !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here is why.

I was recently reminded of two scripture that gives clear direction in this area for a christian who adheres to Jesus Christ teachings.
Some Christians have written off the Genesis account, because it's in the OT.
But Jesus quoted from the OT on numerous occasions himself when on earth, and in this area confirmed the Genesis creation account as told in Genesis. As Christians we don't have the luxury of picking and choosing what we like and dislike, or agree with or disagree with that is printed in the bible, especially if Jesus said it.
So here is the confirmation that God directly created humans, male & female.

Matthew 19:4

"Haven't you read the Scriptures?" Jesus replied. "They record that from the beginning 'God made them male and female.'

Mark 10:6

But ‘God made them male and female’ from the beginning of creation

Any christian that has succumbed to the aggressive propaganda of the evolutionists in recent years, needs to reexamine their faith in the the bible, and Jesus words.
This is such a basic simple teaching, yet evolutionists and atheists have done a good job at exploiting and abusing the field of science to support their idea's and they have had a measure of success in making some Christians doubt such a basic belief. If your faith has wavered in the telling of the Genesis account may it be restored with Jesus Christ personal confirmation, after all he was there when it happened, so he would know.

Thread Note - Atheistic based trolling comments will be ignored. This thread is for Christians to comment, one way or another.

edit on 29-12-2010 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
How can faith in the story of Creation have something to do with faith in God ?

I personally believe that science might be the right tool to appreciate the almighty complexity of God.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You know, I read the bottom sentence first, then I read your first sentence. After I was done with the first paragraph, I was thinking in my head "Okay, that's fine, he is not demeaning anyone, he is merely arguing that a true christian cannot believe in evolution, which I agree with"

Then I read this:

Any christian that has succumbed to the aggressive propaganda of the evolutionists in recent years, needs to reexamine their faith in the the bible, and Jesus words. This is such a basic simple teaching, yet evolutionists and atheists have done a good job at exploiting and abusing the field of science to support their idea's and they have had a measure of success in making some Christians doubt such a basic belief. If your faith has wavered in the telling of the Genesis account may it be restored with Jesus Christ personal confirmation, after all he was there when it happened, so he would know.

You are begging for an atheist, or even a scientifically-leaning "christian" to come on here and take a dump on you. I thought you were trolling, but given your high quantity of posts it makes me think that perhaps maybe you are drunk, as it is the holidays.

Just like you have a say in arguing against atheism, ofcourse your venue for expressing your beliefs would be argued against by the disbelievers. Reminds me of how someone else on here said that the religious tend to just stick their fingers in their ear and tell what is on their mind, before turning to screaming "BLAH BLAH BLAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

The op is saying christians that believe in only the bibles teachings cannot believe in evolution.
Just cause you think it's science doesn't mean the Op is wrong.
EL oh EL

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I believe in both Christ and Evolution.

To say that evolution doesn't exist; is to ignore every technological leap mankind has achieved. There is obviously an evolutionary path at play.

So... playing Devil's Advocate... if mankind is capable of evolution within their achievements... and God created us in his image... can we not bend to the thought that God created life in steps?*

Everything I have studied has proven this beyond a shadow of a doubt. I am up to debate.

: )

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Maybe if a god did create us, then I would have to assume time has little or no meaning to this being, evolution could have simply been a blink of an eye for god but something we see as taking millions and billions of years. Evolution could have simply been the creation process.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing in Genesis. Adam and Eve created by god, one man one woman that gave birth to all of the different races on Earth.

Also, that is a somewhat strange story with incestual tones. I mean, Eve was created from Adam's rib, which means they have the same DNA, like a brother and sister. So a brother and sister slept with each other to give birth to the rest of humankind. And even if they weren't siblings, eventually their offspring would have to sleep with one another.

The bible to me is a story written by men not God, years ago. It is a good bed time story. And I am a firm believer in God.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Yes, I absolutely believe that man is a unique creation from God Himself, crafted in His own image.

That being said, I don't subscribe to man's theory of evolution either. I do, however, see room in my knowledge of the bible and Yahweh for a question about the flora and fauna here on Earth. Doesn't it say that God said "Let the seas bring forth flying creatures, swimming things and crawling things"? and "Let the earth bring forth herbs, and trees bearinf fruit, with the sedd being in the fruit"? Well, I can see slow development of life right there. Isn't that the mainstay of Darwinism, that life developed from the sea? Also, between verse 1 and verse 2 of Genesis, how do we know what took place, and for how long? This earth could have spun here for millenia during that period.

I also can't see how any Christian can deny archeological evidence that points out people and settlements that are thousands of years older than the 6,000 that some believe. Just because God doesn't specifically tell us who those people were does not mean that they didn't exist. Maybe it is just not our business.

I think the problem with Darwin's theory is that he had to find a way around God in the creation of life. So instead of studying God's word and finding the truth about evolution, he simply left the Creator out altogether to explain creation.

Whereas you and I would go to God for answers, Darwin and everyone who wants to deny His existence has to depend on nothing but science for their answers. The story is there in Genesis, but those who want to deny God can't see the reasoning.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Quote from Somehumanbeing
"You are begging for an atheist, or even a scientifically-leaning "christian" to come on here and take a dump on you. I thought you were trolling, but given your high quantity of posts it makes me think that perhaps maybe you are drunk, as it is the holidays.

Just like you have a say in arguing against atheism, ofcourse your venue for expressing your beliefs would be argued against by the disbelievers. Reminds me of how someone else on here said that the religious tend to just stick their fingers in their ear and tell what is on their mind, before turning to screaming "BLAH BLAH BLAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU". "

Your post made me laugh, thanks needed that. Well would make a comment but seems OP has made his/her mind up anyway.
Thread Note - Atheistic based trolling comments will be ignored. This thread is for Christians to comment, one way or another.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

So as I am not a Christian it seems my opinions are not welcome. Good old freedom of expression got to love it
Take Care, Regards

edit on 29-12-2010 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

link   

I still think there is much more to the Bible than what is written. I certainly believe in God, His creation, but the world being less than 10,000 years old (based on the genealogy in Genesis) is something to be reevaluated. The Bible is a collection of anecdotal history passed down from thousands of years ago, while science brings empirical evidence (although evolution needs as much of a leap of faith as any religion, as much of it is based on speculation of founded evidence.).

God has left me wanting more information on our origins. Moses account of Genesis is vague at best, and much of human history has been omitted. There is much more to mans history than what is written in the Bible, uncovered in archeology or deduced from science.

link   
You're quite wrong, Blue Jay, and funny into the bargain.

You insult atheists, and then say only Christians can reply?

Your proposition is silly.
Many Christians believe in creation through evolution.
You may like to take the Genesis account literally, but the fact is, it's an allegory, the best telling of the facts that could be managed at the time.

Now we have developed the sciences, we can see the picture in much more detail. However this in no way pushes god out of the picture, except for those whose faith is so fragile it only takes a little bit of science to send it flying.

I can just imagine, Blue Jay, you arriving in heaven one day, discovering that god believes in evolution, and trying to kick Him out for not taking the bible literally.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

You may like to take the Genesis account literally, but the fact is, it's an allegory, the best telling of the facts that could be managed at the time. Now we have developed the sciences, we can see the picture in much more detail. However this in no way pushes god out of the picture, except for those whose faith is so fragile it only takes a little bit of science to send it flying

I don't think this is exactly right, either. As I stated earlier in this thread, I think room in any Christian's knowledge of the bible and Yahweh for a question about the flora and fauna here on Earth. Doesn't it say that God said "Let the seas bring forth flying creatures, swimming things and crawling things"? and "Let the earth bring forth herbs, and trees bearinf fruit, with the sedd being in the fruit"? Well, I can see slow development of life right there. Isn't that the mainstay of Darwinism, that life developed from the sea? Also, between verse 1 and verse 2 of Genesis, how do we know what took place, and for how long? This earth could have spun here for millenia during that period.

I also can't see how any Christian can deny archeological evidence that points out people and settlements that are thousands of years older than the 6,000 that some believe. Just because God doesn't specifically tell us who those people were does not mean that they didn't exist. Maybe it is just not our business.

I think the problem with Darwin's theory is that he had to find a way around God in the creation of life. So instead of studying God's word and finding the truth about evolution, he simply left the Creator out altogether to explain creation.

I want to go to God for the answers to creation, Darwin and everyone who wants to deny His existence has to depend on nothing but science for their answers. The story is there in Genesis, but those who want to deny God can't see the reasoning

(Sorry, just re-worked that post for this one!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Just for clarity…by “evolution” do you mean…

(A) The development of species over time…
or
(B) The “theory of evolution”, which is the scientific theory to explain the development of species over time.
?

It’s just that sometimes people use the word “evolution” informally, to refer to the “theory of evolution”, rather than “evolution” itself.

For example…I believe that species have developed over time, but that it was God driven. But I do not accept the “theory of evolution”

The verse Matthew 19:4 and Mark 10:6 doesn’t conflict with “evolution” because Jesus doesn’t say how God made them. Those verses do however conflict with the “theory of evolution”, which is essentially stating that most of life’s development, has been accomplished by “random mutations”

As for the timing of events, I see Genesis as mostly allegorical, so I don’t have a major problem with it.

- JC

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hm, yeah I guess it does say that, huh.

But that was before anyone knew what evolution was. I believe if this was written by someone with a modern vocabulary it would read more like "And through evolution, God created male and female."

Just because God didn't do it how we originally thought doesn't mean that he didn't do it at all.

Besides, given the wonderful complexity of nature, wouldn't God create it with a process just as complex? If God created everything by saying "Poof, its there, lol" wouldn't that just be a little bit anticlimactic?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Also, I could quote genesis and say "God said, 'Let there be light'".

And using your reasoning, I could argue that a true christian doesn't believe in the sun, because God said HE created the light.

See how interpretation from a modern context becomes important here?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Answer me this, OP: Why, after creating the entire universe with with a specific set of laws, would God not use those laws to create on the earth? Isn't it possible that He used science to create? If he truly was an all-powerful being, couldn't he simply speed up the processes to fit into the seven day timeframe, or, (more likely) couldn't the "seven days" of the Bible mean something different than actual, literal days?

Furthermore, Matthew 19 and Mark 10 are both about divorce, not creation. Jesus was talking about the lawfulness of a man leaving his wife, and "God made them male and female" isn't an argument against evolution. At all. Maybe if he'd said "God made them, male and female, without science at all because it's a bunch of B.S..." you'd make a better point.

edit on 12/29/2010 by SFlowers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

I've come to think of it this way: it is another HUGE test of your trust in Him. Even presented with a choice that is seemingly the more reasonable choice vs. the truth written in a hard to read language. We WERE told that as believers that there would be scoffers, reasonable men that speak well. That doesn't make what they say any truer. The evidence is there in science, but the story of that science is in Genesis.

If you can learn to reconcile the two, knowing who the Author of that science is, it makes life a little clearer.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't think the two NT verses say anything about evolution. Male and female are seemingly universal principles - duality. The alleged implication that these verses deny evolution is logically inconsistent IMO.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I believe that biblical scholars have determined that the original text in ancient Hebrew described more than one earth before this one was populated. That would give lots of time for Dinosaurs and evolution of any species and still fit into a Creator/Evolution model. There really is no need to slam the theory of evolution as it appears to be fact. But there is a need to for athiest who hate religions of all kinds to include us who follow Christ in our daily lives because we want to say the day before,or so, their theory becomes fact, that entity we think of as God created humans. Why would they ignore the evidence that keeps pointing to a sudden appearance of man in the geological records? They keep on saying there is a missing link but, to my knowledge, all that have been offered are not bridging the gap, genetically, for us to have been ape and then whammo we are human skipping many steps. We might have been created from existing materials but many ancient societies went into great detail as to how we were created by space aliens.

While not exactly what I was taught from the Bible it does make sense that any Angelic being would, by the strictist definition, have to be an ET, Thus making the stories found in ancient civilizations to be more in line with the Bible than one would think at first blush. Their story's commonality smacks of a truth that is hard to ignore, we were created. Wether by Jehovah God or Annunaki, we were created. But as evolution teaches, DNA adapts to the localized environment or it dies. So we evolved to have specialties for living in various climates after being created IMHO.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I believe the Bible is the 100% inerrant word of God. Unless the Hebrew words in that verse have different meanings, I believe it.

And forget what science comes up with that seems to disprove God. How many times has science been wrong? All the time...and how many times has God been wrong? Never.
edit on 29-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join