It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Muslims shut down Paris every Friday by praying in the streets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This is how a proto-Sharia state looks like.

These Muslims have no right whatsoever in blocking the streets and obstructing traffic.

If the West keeps bending backwards for these people then soon we will have nothing left.

We need to stand up to these people and let them know that we had enough of them walking all over us and in the process laughing at how stupid and weak we are.

These Muslims are no different than the NWO elites who wish to take away all our rights and replace it with their own "Sharia" way.

edit on 29-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
unbelieveable...

integration fail

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
France is very hard on public displays of any religion, including Christianity. What they ought to do is restore the Cult of Reason, and issue the death penalty for apostasy!

edit: almost forgot the obligatory "RELIGIOUS FREEDOM FOR EVERYBODY EXCEPT MUSLIMS" screed!
edit on 29-12-2010 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Im not one For Hammering people about there religion as i dont have one, (so i dont pay for what im not eating...)
But honestly when it comes to religion everything / everyone moves for muslims, if a girl wears a bikini (what she'd always wear in u.s or Aus) In a muslim run state, she will be stoned to death, but if a muslim woman comes here they demand there rights and poo, and we just give it to em with no fluffing questions, where as if we tried to save our girl wearing a bikini, shed be good as gone.
edit on 29-12-2010 by JarredAus because: i was a bit too rude

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
They left their Country and impose their will on another? To close entire streets down every friday is insane!
It's up to France to put a stop to it. Unreal!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
the USA requires paying for a 'Parade Permit' to do that sort of stuff...
how about a license to perform in public, they might call it prayer but many others
would look at these antics as Street Theater, by Performance Artists...

paying for and obtaining a license to pray in the middle of a public conveyance
is nether the less obstructing the passageway of police/fire/ medical vehicles..
which constitutes a hazard to public safety... let them pray enmasse in parks
or other commons areas, supervised.... or else protect them from harm
in a drunk-tank, or a holding cell at the local Precinct

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

these people

Uhm....
Uhm....
Someone say what i want to say

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow, usually I stand up for freedom of speech and human rights and so on, but this is going way too far- this should not be allowed. It's just plain selfishness on the part of whoever organised this. There are plenty of Muslims in the UK and I've never heard of anything along these lines happening. The police should move them on. Though typically I dislike the use of police force in todays world, as it is often abused, I think this is a case whereby if they refuse to move after a peaceful request, physical force should be used in order to do so......Unless it's a one time thing, as a protest of sorts- in which case everything I said is wrong

edit on 29-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: disclaimer added, blame lack of sleep

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This video doesn't really make the issues in France clear. Very important: 1. Why are the Muslims doing this (what is their official reason?) 2. Have they faced discrinimation and this is a peaceful resistance, or is this a move against non-Muslims (hate/discrimation on their part.) It is hard to reply to this topic without knowing these things.

I find nothing wrong with this if it is a one-time thing for the sake of freedom of speech. The question is, what is their issue?

I just heard that they do this every Friday, is this true?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Excellent comment.

I used to live around the block from the very street they are praying on. The video doesn't mention the name of the street, but I believe it is Rue de la Goutte d'Or. It is smack in the middle of an Arab neighborhood, that has been Franco-Arab and Franco-African for many, many years, perhaps hundreds. I lived there about 4 years and my daughter went to school with the children of that neighborhood from her youngest age. There are people of all religions in the neighborhood, and I NEVER saw ANYONE praying in the street. That is completely against French law!
edit on 29-12-2010 by antoinemarionette because: typos

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Very interesting video and thank you for posting it.

This is what happens when you let immigrant communities form their own communities, immigrants should integrate if they want to be part of a different society, not the other way around!.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I hope that's what you were looking for!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Any proof that this occurs every Friday as implied in the thread title?

I'm not defending the muslims, but i'd at least like some proof first. As one member already stated, this could have been a peaceful protest or a display or a holy day, or any number of other things, possibly taken out of context??

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

i know what you want to say...earth moving equipment scraping the bucket on the pavement slowly moving up the street...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think that it's anti-social of them to block off the street in this way, but at least they aren't up to anything unsavoury and are participating in a peaceful activity.

I can think of many worse anti-social activities that commonly take place in cities throughout the world; such as littering.

I don't know why people are getting so hot under the collar about this. All they're doing is praying.

edit on 29-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They 'love to be seen in prayer in public...'

Do those things in secret.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Mist some porcine fat or dust some dried porcine blood in the streets, and that crap will stop.

Be sure you let them know that it's being misted from taller buildings, and they'll never come outside.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hey: It's a French version of a Spanish siesta! My bad. But are there city ordinances/rules/regulations to keep religious practices from off public streets and places of businesses?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

The Florida Security Council? Okay, an openly anti-Muslim organization gives us this video. Nice of them to put their little logo there, so at least we know the source.

1:00 "Between seventh-century barbarians" - prayer is clearly the hallmark of rampant barbarism. And a Virgin music store is the hallmark of western civilization? This dude does know that the Louvre is in Paris, right? Good lord.

1:15 "I want YOU to take a look at this, and YOU be the judge - seventh century Sharia, or 21st century western Civilization" - Well, we just got a minute and a half of this guy making our judgement calsl for us, now he gets to pretend we're going in unbiased? hmmmmmkay.

1:40 "The imam is making a law, on camera" - Oh good, so there's video evidence? ...No?

2:20 "Over 2,000 muslims defying French law and following Sharia (ISlamic) law" - French law forbids public prayer? And... that's the "major road"? I hope not.

2:32 "2,000 Closing down businesses and taking over public streets" - I would estimate that if any businesses are closed (we have no such examples) then the people doing the praying likely own said businesses. And again, that's supposed to be a public street? I dunno how they do road planning in Paris, but in America, we call that an "alleyway"

2:34 "It's never been so loud. You do not have the right to pray to broadcast the prayer in the streets of France." - I was intrigued by this claim, along with the notion that public prayer is illegal in France. So I looked it up. As far as i can find, there are no such laws. Now I admit i may have just not been able to find it, but given the source and rhetoric already witnessed, I think we can chalk this up as a lie. Aside from that, anyone find a sliver of irony in a staunchly conservative, vociferously pro-christian group speaking in favor of national laws forbidding public displays of religiosity?

3:00 "Allahu Akbar" - Oh... Oh god, NOOOOOOOOO! And how dare the mosque have security? What do they think they are, a mall?

3:36 "Talk about a clash of civilizations." - Where's the clash? No, seriously. You've got a bunch of people praying across the road (that one actually looks like a road - I guess Paris has alleyways too!) from a virgin megastore, and... And there's no clash. I wonder if the videographer has ever been to a major city before this point.

3:40 "Well first of all, you need to have some French politicians who are leaders, not cowards." - Oh, okay, so we WANT there to be clashes? What's the deal with that? Nice subtext, though; "We should have a government that does something about these people who are daring to pray!"

3:55 "It's such a perfect justaposition" - what, you mean the vocally pro-Christian organization thatwants to have government crackdowns on public displays of religion?

3:57 "You have the fine line right here" - actually that fine line appears to me more like a four-lane highway. That isn't blocked. And which has a Virgin megastore that appears to be open for business.

4:06 "Where do you stand?" - I stand firmly in the area of not giving a goddamn whether a few hundred people decide to make use of a Parisian alleyway for their Friday prayers.

I'm actually more disturbed by the piss-poor quality of the propaganda I just watched. I've seen some finely done anti-Muslim propaganda, and this was pretty much crap. It's trying to scare you by doing nothing more than going "Look! Muslims! BOOGA BOOGA!" And come on, those guys were sitting there perfectly peacefully, listening to the call to prayer. No one got up to assault the cameraman, there weren't any glares, no confrontations with mosque security, no rip-roaring fire and brimstone sermons from the Imam, not even any chanting or yelling from the crowd. The video even shoots itself in the foot by proclaiming a busy street is shut down as are all the businesses - and then panning out to show us a perfectly operational street and lots of open businesses.

Even by ATS standards for hatemongering boojum, this is poor-quality stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh, I know where I'm going to stand if that crap starts here.

Get an old mosquito truck, cook up some porcine lard, vaporize it, and park it upwind of these civil disturbances.

And get some friend with some MONDO air horns on vehicles, park nearby or pull up close and lay down on those horns.

That's where I stand.

Your right to your religion stops where my right of way begins.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join