It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If everything we know is false, and the government has already made contact, they're hiding advanced technology and information, and have a controlling hand in everything....why have aliens been protrayed negatively?
Wouldn't this "shadow government" want to condition us through the MSM to welcome these beings? Instead, a paranoid, xenophobic media almost always makes it out to be our doomdsday. I think this is significant. If some of these alien contact theories and predictions had any truth, then I have to believe that we would have been influenced to not greet such sightings and visitations with hostility.

I believe the UFO phenomenon deserves much more investigation. All of these people can't be wrong, or full of crap. It only takes one case to be real for our entire understanding of our world to be changed. I lean, as most others do, that our governments most likely know much more than they have released. I hit a brick wall when I ask myself this question, and I'm curious as to what some of you here on ATS think.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A movie about aliens coming to earth and handing out candy floss and being nice does not make for a very engaging experience.

There have been a few, Contact springs to mind

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gainsayer
If everything we know is false, and the government has already made contact, they're hiding advanced technology and information, and have a controlling hand in everything....why have aliens been protrayed negatively?

Hello

Starting to discuss the way the media and government conditions society is too long of a debate to have, but it would be interesting for you to read about almost all of abduction stories or contacts made with "alien beings", for the absolute majority it is a horrible terrifying experience that they would rather never have again in their lifes. The case about "alien"-human relationship being nothing short of pure evil has been argued by the best researchers around:

"UFO behaviour is more akin to magic than to physics as we know it... the modern UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical."-Dr. Pierre Guerin, FSR Vol. 25, No. 1, p. 13-14

"The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon..."-John A. Keel, UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse, p. 299

"Studies of flying saucer cults repeatedly show that they are part of a larger occult social world."-Stupple & McNeece, 1979 MUFON UFO Symposium Proceedings, p.49

"The 'medical examination' to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscent of the medieval tales of encounters with demons. It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in a shorter time and with fewer risks."-Dr. Jacques Vallee, Confrontations, p. 13

"The symbolic display seen by the abductees is identical to the type of initiation ritual or astral voyage that is imbedded in the [occult] traditions of every culture... the structure of abduction stories is identical to that of occult initiation rituals...the UFO beings of today belong to the same class of manifestation as the [occult] entities that were described in centuries past."-Dr. Jacques Vallee citing the extensive research of Bertrand Meheust [Science-Fiction et Soucoupes Volantes (Paris, 1978); Soucoupes Volantes et Folklore (Paris, 1985)], in Confrontations, p. 146, 159-161

www.asoldierofgod.com...

Of course I`m not saying that all of the phenomenon is evil, there could be positive experiences but they are very hard to find.

C.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

I think Hollywood has portrayed them frequently as being very human. Look at the different movies and TV shows over the last 40 years. The portrayal has run the gamut from benevolent to vicious. My favorite Martian, Mork and Mindy, ET = Benevolent. Predator, Skyline, Independence Day = Vicious. And everything in between. And it has worked very well. Hollywood makes great profits from action packed movies, and human interest type alien series. And guess what? The masses still think it would be cool if the aliens showed up in city sized ships in the sky. In other words, what Hollywood has portrayed is, they are us, and are susceptible to all the same failings. They have made them human. Which makes the idea of them more acceptable.

Wouldn't this "shadow government" want to condition us through the MSM to welcome these beings? Instead, a paranoid, xenophobic media almost always makes it out to be our doomdsday. I think this is significant. If some of these alien contact theories and predictions had any truth, then I have to believe that we would have been influenced to not greet such sightings and visitations with hostility.

This is called fear mongering. It works on the psyche on different levels, and in different ways. Here again, we have been conditioned. And the conditioning works not in just our thoughts about space aliens, but also our thoughts about those "aliens" we call "terrorists" overseas. It's just a more subliminal approach to affect your perspective.

I believe the UFO phenomenon deserves much more investigation.

How much more investigation can there be? There are organizations all over the world dedicated to this one thing. I'm not saying they're all legit, but many probably are.

All of these people can't be wrong, or full of crap.

It's not that they're all wrong or full of crap. It's that the biggest player in the argument owns both sides of it. So that player creates the arguments, reacts to the arguments, perpetuates the arguments, and in the end will synthesize the arguments into a solution that will start the process all over again.

I lean, as most others do, that our governments most likely know much more than they have released. I hit a brick wall when I ask myself this question, and I'm curious as to what some of you here on ATS think.

Of course they know more than they have released. It's all part of the conditioning that started a long time ago. And look where we are today. Our servants have made themselves our masters.

I realize these are super simplified answers. But as Camillo1 said, it's a lot to go into here. Personally, I see it as being more black ops and secret technology than aliens. But the possibility of the latter is always there.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Don't forget ALF he was nice as well.

I hope beyond hope that if Aliens do come down then they aren't like Robin Williams, even symbiotic brain worms would be better then that

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If you went around abducting people,hovering over peoples houses,running gruesome experiments... you would be portrayed negatively as well.Its unfortunate that at least a few races of aliens visiting earth are evil.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
the US government has held hands with a lot of forces it is not completely certain it can trust, nor can itself be completely trusted.

It wants no responsibility? No liability for things that have transpired?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You should expand on what you saw that led you to believe that aliens are being portrayed negatively.

There are several players in this story and there are no super-simple answers.

The "Powers that Be" are playing a social control game that imitates what some of the ET groups who have been on earth did in the past. (Some say the PTB plans are a direct extension of an old ET strategy for earth.)

Most governments are monkeys in the middle, doing whatever they think will keep them funded.

Steven Greer's group is portraying the ETs as relatively harmless, as evidenced by their refraining from using massive force against us.

The various "light worker" groups come in a multitude of different stripes, but most point out that there are at least two, if not many more, main ET groups. One is sworn to not interfere with us, but has attempted at various times to correct "imbalances" caused by themselves or other groups using knowledge "downloads" and advice.

The other major ET group values us more alive than dead, but wants us to be subservient to their society. They are said to be pushing the PTB programs here on earth.

The PTB would rather the general public see the ETs as a menace in the hopes that the public will turn to the PTB for protection. That would effectively put us "under their thumb" so to speak.

This is all quite speculative in as much as none of these groups is being totally open about what they are up to, and the general public has not yet developed the power - en masse - to read minds, which is the only way I can see to make such secrecy useless.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

.why have aliens been protrayed negatively?

ET, Close encounters, Ewoks, Day the Earth Stood Still (original), Abyss, Cocoon, Vulcans... just to name a few tends to show them friendly

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

If everything we know is false...

We "KNOW" nothing.

We can prove nothing.

We suspect much.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Exopolitics, Steven Greer, Dr Jacobs and everyone else with descriptions about different species of aliens, their alliances and motivations are actually making this stuff up. They don't know.

This makes an argument about good aliens versus bad aliens pointless.

It's like two guys in a bar arguing over whether Rhianna or Lady Gaga is better in bed..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Lady gaga hands down

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Klassified

Don't forget ALF he was nice as well.

The cat of the Tanner family would not agree.

On topic, l do believe the vast majority is benevolent.

new topics

top topics

join