It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Knife in Lunchbox Gets N.C. Student Suspended, Charged With Weapon Possession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Small Knife in Lunchbox Gets N.C. Student Suspended, Charged With Weapon Possession

www.foxnews.com

A standout North Carolina high school student has been suspended for the remainder of her senior year and charged with a misdemeanor for having a small paring knife in her lunchbox.

...school officials searched the lunchbox, along with several other students' possessions, possibly looking for drugs.

The athlete who takes college-level courses was suspended for the remainder for the school year, banned from campus and this month was charged with misdemeanor possession...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wral.com

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't think this 17 year old high-school senior had ill intent by bringing the knife to school. It was a mistake that deserves a minor form of punishment such as a suspension for a few days or so. (her initial punishment was a 10 day suspension but for an unknown reason they increased it to the remainder of the year)

These school officials, searching lunchboxes for drugs, without cause, is a bigger offense. Our children are going to school in little prisons to prepare them for the real world of constant surveillance and government intervention into all of our affairs.

According to the story, it is at the discretion of the principal what the exact punishment is. I think the man or woman that could suspend a minor for the remainder of the year, when the child had no history of offenses, is him/herself a poor excuse for a principal and should be fired.

This girl will now have to list this misdemeanor (if found guilty) on college applications and her choices will be diminished, as will any potential scholarships or grants.

Hopefully her family can afford a good lawyer and get her out of this one. She made a mistake and should be punished accordingly, this seems excessive and unusual.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
man, back in my days, we used to bring serrated folding knives to school to be able to cut our peanut butter and jellies and nobody made a fuss when we took them out. !!! Just kidding...

But seriously back in my day (1990s) you could bring in all the toy guns and butter knives to school without a single worry. How times have changed and the school would go into lock down and the student would get expelled for doing something like this. I guess we have school shootings to blame for this.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hopefully her family can afford a good lawyer and get her out of this one. She made a mistake and should be punished accordingly, this seems excessive and unusual.

The only "mistake" she made was to think she could eat an apple in her preferred manner. What a crock of hooey that she should be charged with a crime for wanting to pare her fruit.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Constitutional rights do not apply if you are on private property - which schools are considered.

Therefore her right to be searched without a warrant is non-existent.

Her right to bear arms is non-existent.

Her right to do anything but comply is non-existent.

Welcome to the sad reality we have adopted in the name of world dominance and superiority - and by the founding of the District of Columbia if you look deep enough. Look into UCC... Thanks to the world bankers, illuminati and CIA for making this a reality. Those career politicians don't hurt either. Who the hell would vote for a millionaire to represent them? Makes no damn sense.
edit on 29-12-2010 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
School administrations love to discriminate knives as weapons if they don't like the student. I know from personal experience. I was booted out of my last few months in high school because I always carry a pocketknife on me, and they wanted any excuse they could get to get rid of me. They even went as far as to accuse me of threatening people with the knife, and claimed that I must have a mental illness if I carry a knife around.

That's just how the system works. I feel pity for this student, but they will only learn from it just how corrupt the system is and join the ranks.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Amazing.. They ruin a good students chances at a college and future over a trivial matter .. And from a search that violated the rights of all the students.. Then they wonder why the country is falling behind in the standards of education.. Stupidity in action..

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Welcom to the world of zero tolerance. It doesn't matter who you are or why it happens. All that matters is that you comply. Sorry if your life is ruined, but we can't make it look like we discreminate against gang bangers and thugs.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How else are they going to make room for all the illegal alien students pouring into this country? Gotta kick out the citizen students any way you can!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"THEY" say that the "Pen is mightier than the Sword"

Well it seems so, for a knife gets a suspension but if you are armed with a marker you go straight to jail

Boy, 13, Busted (arrested) For Illegal Marker Possession
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

The athlete who takes college-level courses was suspended for the remainder for the school year, banned from campus and this month was charged with misdemeanor possession...

If one is not up to date with being politically correct you might as well be hanging out with osama bin laden.

If you do normal things you are a terrorist.. Now to conform and be civil you have to do the complete opposite and you may be saved.

Good luck propaganda 'ees,

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
As much as I don't like this, she got off lucky. With these ridiculous zero tolerance policies, she's lucky it's only a misdemeanor.

top topics

join