It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Internet a very large-scale spying machine" – info leaking site co-founder

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Bingo OP! I get a very strong feeling like this from ATS.

Good thing for you, most content is fear mongering and hardly important.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

You are a #ing genius.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Bingo OP! I get a very strong feeling like this from ATS.

Good thing for you, most content is fear mongering and hardly important.

ATS tops them all lol, making it even easier for dataminers to process our info/profiles.

Some more stars and flags anyone?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Values_Truth

I think ATS needs a forum dedicated to internet security and privacy.

I just hope you aren't suggesting that ATS can be trusted any more than any other site on the Internet....because that would be a foolish notion at best.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

I just hope you aren't suggesting that ATS can be trusted any more than any other site on the Internet....because that would be a foolish notion at best.

No, he quite literally means ATS needs a seperate forum for these kind of topics (like the 9/11 forum, the Deepwater Horizon forum, 2012 forum, etc)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I decided long ago that it is more important to me to be honest in my views expressed, regardless of who is watching.

BigGov snoops can therefore kiss it!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
is it mabye time to have another civil war? try to leave the us and start a new country?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

“In terms of their being able to see everything that we are doing, we know that we cannot keep any secrets about our site and we tell our readers, ‘You should not expect us to protect you, because we are being watched and every other site is being watched, just like WikiLeaks is being watched,’” he said. “There’s no secrecy on the Internet – that’s the lesson we’ve learned and we are now trying to spread that.”

“They [the security services] use our site to see what’s going on and that’s something that we’ve learned about sites like ours. They are left in place in order to watch who comes there and see what kind of information we’ve put up,” John Young added. “The reason we haven’t been shut down is that we are useful to them to see what kind of attention is paid to this material. We think they actually feed us material to put up as they are feeding information to WikiLeaks and many other sites that operate the same way.

(Emphasis Added by me)

This is a stunning revelation, 90% of us on ATS know that the internet does not give any of us an ounce of privacy and many of us are presumably already being monitored right now as you are reading this. But for a leading professional ‘leaker’ to announce that ‘they’ are monitoring whoever visits those sites on the internet and actually keeps them sites up and provides them material just so they can lure more viewers, is stunning.

Maybe I am just late to the party on this one but I never thought of it this way. WikiLeaks could definitely be used as a way to root out those particular individuals that are of special interest to tptb. Just remember this every time you visit one of those sites.

This definitely gives more credibility to the ‘WikiLeaks is a scam’ crowd.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/29/2010 by Misoir because: changed "gives me credibility" to "gives more credibility"... Chill out on the ego-trip.

Have you considered maybe ATS is like "one of those sites"? I have, especially when you get a low keyed threat message in responce to your opinion and views.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by derfred33

You know something that would be a good thing...but then most sies can't bother...so delleting cookies works fine...but then you need to always retype user names and passwords when you came back to the site....but hey a little inconvience isn't a bad thing and it helps to remember your passwords...lol

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

ATS is for those who accept that internet communications are monitored. If not, it is as honey is to bees for those unaware. When you are here, you are essentially dressed in neon in the forest that is the internet. I would suspect that the majority of our theories and opinions held within our posts are perhaps glanced over and chuckled about. Some of the good ones will aid in investigations or provoke new thoughts of public servants charged with the task of monitoring this site. On the flipside some posts could lead to the arrest and detention of people who are delinquent citizens.

Most of us have little to nothing to hide and are just using our freedom of expression. On the other hand I have read some pretty radical ideas come from users here and infact am glad that they monitor this webspace. I am against all violence outside of self defense so on and so forth. This space, ATS, is a great resource for those who seek knowledge. Like minded people united in one centralized location to assist eachother in research and information that which would otherwise have been much more difficult to round up as an individual.

-Community was once considered those who lived around you. Now the shift has been to those whom you converse with online anonymously with. I know which of the two would be around to save me come hell or high water- Food for thought.

TR.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

At least on ATS you are free to express such critical thinking. On other forums like GLP it takes 2 minutes and a thread or posting like this goes pooooof....

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

That is when I began seeking alternative ways of sharing info, files and communications without revealing the identities of recipients. I discovered things in that process that shocked me, an underworld that uses the net this way... Some pretty scary stuff out there.

Maybe even here?

Would love to know more about your research. What did you find were the ways? who used them? what is this underground?

I have heard that there are "rogue" DNS servers that supply information for an alternate internet that requires the user to install and configure their system in a certain way in order to find these computers.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Nothing new i'm afraid, the only limit to online privacy is the logistics involved in those that want to look into it, basically only those that show up on their radar get looked at, this can be specific to groups/words/surfing paterns etc. The tech and the amount of people needed to look at all the data is far beyond capability as of yet only once AI comes into force will they be anywhere near that,

As a bit of INFO I used to work for an IT group that got their hands on tech that alllowed instant remote access, I was surprised we used it with good intent and due to consience used it to help callers that erm were not able to do stuff themselves. Thing is it allowed almost instant access to all of theri computers/files etc that was 12years ago, not a stretch of the imagination how this tech could be abused.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join