It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie dollar trumps US dollar !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
what US Products ????????
we don't make anything anymore

I'll agree Asia does have the lead in retail products, but don't mistake the value the US has in intellectual property. It is still why Asia and most nations send their brightest to the US to study.

Asia has mastered manufacturing, what still confounds them them is the creative.
Hence why the Iphone, conceived in the US is manufactured in Asia.

edit on 30-12-2010 by ppk55 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Works for me. There are plenty of people who think that the American fed is deliberately devaluing the dollar. Even as an American, I agree with them 100%.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think I bought at $.82 like a year ago but sold soon after. Dangit.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

that may be the case mate but the fact of the matter is even if your government took every dollar you earnt you still couldn't balance your budget. Yes i may go and buy products in the us dollar but that is only because people price it in that to get more for their product. Isn't it true that your dollar is no accepted by one of the biggest banks of mexico and euros are now accepted in some shops in New York. Also don't you have states that have made their own currency? Now if the US government keeps devaluing their dollar it will be left behind as the reserve currency which leaves a big hole as not even the Euro is stable enough to take that on.

Now also haven't countries had secret talks without the US present to discuss what they are going to do about pricing their commodities they might even make it available in Euro Yen the Chinese dollar or gold. Lets not forget that England lost this staus only 50 years ago after the same things happened to them they devalued the dollar by 14% thinking that would help but alas it turned to crap and the US had to bail them out and then took reserve status.

So if you have actual physical gold you might be a bit better off than some but not have a piece of paper saying you have gold as that means nothing and bascially thats how money first started. Hopefully it doesn't all fall in a heap but hopefully the profiteering that goes on might stop and a new type of thinking might take over.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hey all you Americans.....

Suggest some great places we can buy American Made online that ship to our neck of the woods.....

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
At this very moment, Canadian dollar is up $1.00040 over the US dollar. IMO, you can expect both the Australian currency and the Canadian dollar to gain momentum as the US dollar increasingly devalues.

Also it's worth noting that many stores have quit accepting the US dollar and I'm pretty sure that this trend will increase as well amongst businesses across the country. The US dollar, as everyone knows, is collapsing and unlike most people thought, we're still doing fine.

It's worth noting that in 98 the Loonie plunged down to $0.6311 US. It's been a roller-coaster ride in the past few years going up to almost $1.10 but coming back down as american companies shipped their companies to Mexico to have their people slave for their goods instead. That's just not going to happen again... and as Canada strengthens its ties with other trading partners such as China and being less dependent on the states, we can expect the dollar to be stronger than ever.

The states wasn't fair with it's fair trade deals with Canada, that's something that we haven't forgotten... from softwood lumber to consumer goods. That's exactly why a lot of Canadians were opposed to NAFTA and it's exactly why I'm opposed to the proposed international free trade. It's not free, there's a price attached to it such as tariffs, taxes and a lot of red tape in the fine print that's only meant to keep the power players on top of the world.

The only thing that has done in the past is alienating Canadians and making us look for other countries where we can ship our goods. As soon as Canada decides to stop shipping their oil to the states and decides to be independent from the entire process the US will hurt when they start buying the refined oil. So far it's been something Canada has been doing to be fair, it's always been more profitable but with the unstable US economy, I wouldn't be surprised that starts refining all the oil it can on its own.

I can already see the troops Canadian troops defending the 49th parallel... and I'm not kidding. All we need is a government that actually has a balls.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
monopoly money is soon going to trump the u.s. dollar.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
OK, let's see how many people I can upset today:
we are on a website named Above Top Secret, which brings to light topics of a conspiracy nature.
Now don't get me wrong(but I'm sure you will) I love Oz, but I think a good Australian trait of mine is not tolerating BS, & I'm curious as to the nature of this post: is there a conspiracy going on that is making the $A go high, or is this just a chance to gloat about how great Australia is because we have a high dollar? You see, it almost seems like Australia has an inferiority complex sometimes with the things I see in the media, like "Australian man wins world tiddlywinks championship". A classic example is the very dubious anointing of our first 'saint', St. Mary Mckillop, wow; we're in the big league now because we have a saint. How did this come about? A couple of people got well after praying to her. Very dubious if you ask me. Didn't Jesus always say after he healed someone that their faith had healed them, not he?
I'd be really glad to hear where the conspiracy is here, because if TPTB do make or break a countries finances, why haven't they broken ours yet?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by klaatu4711

Well to answer your question there are some thoughts that if they can get all the currencies trading the same they can then just say hey we will make a one world currency your not losing anything all is good come on you know you want to.

and to answer someone else saying hey america is still doing fine thats because they haven't lost their reserve currency status when that happens it's all over it is the only thing holding them up at the moment.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Gold....

buy gold....(and silver)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join