It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British secret file confirms Israeli nukes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

British secret file confirms Israeli nukes

presstv.ir

A newly released British document confirms that Israel has possessed nuclear weapons for more than three decades.

Secret files released by Britain's National Archives said on Wednesday that British officials feared Tel Aviv would use its nuclear weapons in case of another war with Arab countries in the region.

Former US President Jimmy Carter acknowledged for the first time in May 2008 that Tel Aviv has 150 nuclear warheads in its arsenals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have yet to see this document and there were no quoted sections of that article provided within the link. I am not doubting the report clearly states the existence of Israeli nukes however I would like to first see at least some excerpts of the report before concluding whether this is exactly correct analysis or not.

Most of us here on ATS have known for a while now that Israel possess nuclear weapons, illegally mind you, and the United States along with all other world powers allows this to continue without question.

There was a very good comment, IMO, on the PressTV link, it is provided below:

If you are like israel and attack your neighbours continually and also illegally own nuclear weapons America will reward you with a gift of billions of dollars worth of arms.If on the other hand you have no nuclear weapons and want the legitimately use nuclear power like Iran does, America will threaten you with attack, will apply sanctions on you and even threaten to nuke you.
- Shokat, PressTV reader

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This news as you say, is hardly shocking on this forum,
However it is intertesting that the brits have kept their own council on it.
I presume there is nobody in the un who would be willing to invade Isreal to obtain their weapons of mass destruction,,,,?
No Takers?HUH i thought so......

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Like, we didn't already know this?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've heard they possess 150+ nukes also from a few sources before.

They also have Jericho-II mobile ICBM launchers, anyone on here happen to have a good pic of one?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Good. They are finally talking about the elephant in the room.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: dbl

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This news as you say, is hardly shocking on this forum,
However it is intertesting that the brits have kept their own council on it.
I presume there is nobody in the un who would be willing to invade Isreal to obtain their weapons of mass destruction,,,,?
No Takers?HUH i thought so......

Think about that invasion for a moment. They have 150 nukes. They have delivery systems. It's a little late for Israel, China, Russia, France, UK, Pakistan, and India. Maybe even too late for N Korea, and if you like to worry about rogue states, that would be the one to worry about.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Back in the '91 Scud attacks there was a picture on a web site (CNN I think.) of a Patriot launcher in Israel, outside a city, but in the back ground there was a large launcher with a missile loaded. The missile was reported to be a Jericho, needless to say the picture disappeared off the site. I saw the picture on a friends computer, I will check and see if he still has the picture.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Nothing new or shocking here. I am surprised though the propoganda unit Presstv took this long to talk about it. The fact Israel has nukes has been one of the worst kept secrets in history. Israel is not a signatory to the NPT and as such its their word against others. The method they use is to keep the weapons disassembled, which allows them to deny that they have nucleaqr weapons and be somewhat truthful in saying it since the components are not assemebled and do not meet UN criteria to be labeled a weapon.

I guess the question on why they have them, which has been debated many times in these forums, depends on the point of view. Since Israels creation (by the British and not the US, so please people, do your homework on that one) was followed up by the arabs going to war on a few different occasion to wipe Israel off the map one has to ask themselves a simple but important question.

We are faced with enemies on almost all borders (at one point it was all borders), with the enemy capable of fielding a numerically superior force, it becomes neccisary to develop whats called a force multiplier. In this case Israli forces, if placed uner constant attack, would eventually loose out because the numbers are not on their side in terms of manpower.

Enter the threat of nucear weapons.

There is nothing stopping any other country, like Iran or N. Korea from leaving the NPT (N. Korea is already out of it) and devloping nukes. In those cases the vetos would be by their allies, China and Russia, as they have done in the past, although people in these forums like to just think one track with regards to Israel.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Everyone should already know this, it is not classified or hidden information.

It is commonly stated the Israel is the only middle-eastern country with a nuclear arsenal.

What most people DON'T know is that prior to JFK's death, he wrote letters (which are available online) to Israel, demanding that the US inspect their nuclear sites so they can't create a nuclear weapon. Then he got assassinated.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ummmm...they have more than 150, try like 300-400 and they have ICBMs. EVERY country in the world can be hit by an Israeli nuke. They have had a program for 4 decades or so now...they have more than 150 nukes.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Nothing new or shocking here. I am surprised though the propoganda unit Presstv took this long to talk about it.

...WHAT?

The fact Israel has nukes has been one of the worst kept secrets in history.

With intention. The best place to hide something is where again?

Israel is not a signatory to the NPT and as such its their word against others.

It's not 'their' word against others. 'They' should shut the hell up and sign the NPT so the rest of the world can bust their balls the same way 'they' are forcing the hands of other nations to sanction Iran. Lets see 'your' people suffer cancer and not have enough materials to treat 'your' patients. Lets see 'your' hospitals and capital have power outtages all the time.

The method they use is to keep the weapons disassembled, which allows them to deny that they have nucleaqr weapons and be somewhat truthful in saying it since the components are not assemebled and do not meet UN criteria to be labeled a weapon.

That is disgusting. You don't really believe that do you? I mean...really...that scores really high on the backward thinking list. And I deal with psycopaths on a daily basis.

I guess the question on why they have them, which has been debated many times in these forums, depends on the point of view. Since Israels creation (by the British and not the US, so please people, do your homework on that one) was followed up by the arabs going to war on a few different occasion to wipe Israel off the map one has to ask themselves a simple but important question.

WHAT? It was Israel that is doing its best to wipe out an entire people. Really, and it is both the UK AND THE US. You do YOUR homework before spouting bullcrap like that. Question: Who GIVES Israel billions of dollar of weaponry every year? Only the UK?

We are faced with enemies on almost all borders (at one point it was all borders), with the enemy capable of fielding a numerically superior force, it becomes neccisary to develop whats called a force multiplier. In this case Israli forces, if placed uner constant attack, would eventually loose out because the numbers are not on their side in terms of manpower.

You say force mulipliers like a good little military drone would be expected to, I call them M.A.D enforcers.

Enter the threat of nucear weapons.

Deflection. Iran has no nukes, show some respect.

There is nothing stopping any other country, like Iran or N. Korea from leaving the NPT (N. Korea is already out of it) and devloping nukes. In those cases the vetos would be by their allies, China and Russia, as they have done in the past, although people in these forums like to just think one track with regards to Israel.

Deflection.And a sad attempt at that. Iran is free to leave you say, then why haven't they left? (No need to answer rethorical questions)

In closing:

The nations around 'your' borders(remember at all times you are illigally occupying a piece of land because you claim some dumb book says certain people, who you claim to be 'you' lived there over 5000 years ago? How about 'your' people show some respect to Iran then for freeing the Jews from Babylon 2500 years ago? You see, I can play your game and beat you at it.

Go educate yourself.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The fact that Israel has nuclear weapons isn't exactly a secret.

But let me ask a question of all the Stormfront wannabes here: If Israel is such a terrible "aggressor nation," constantly warring on their neighbors, why haven't they used them?

That was a rhetorical question BTW. The answer is simple: It's the ARABS who are the aggressors. The only thing that HAS kept Israel safe is the fact that they can glass every Arab city in the world - including Mecca - and there's not a damned thing anyone can do about it.

All the Israelis want to do is live on their tiny slice of land - surrounded by 22 hostile Arab countries - but the Muslims won't let them do that will they? Muslims are the world's biggest hypocrites; they say that they hold the Talmud/Old Testament up as "Holy Scripture." Well if that were the case, then they would accept the fact that God promised ALL of the land between the Nile and the Euphrates to the Jews as their EVERLASTING possession; but they take their cue from Mohammed who was an inveterate liar, as well as murderer, thief, and pedophile. So don't hold your breath for any lasting peace in the Middle East, until...

As long as I'm taking on the Jew bashers (I'm a Southern Baptist BTW,) I'd like to point out one more thing. I get pretty sick and tired of people saying that the Jews are "ethnically cleansing" Gaza, that they are trying to commit the same types of crimes that were committed against them in Nazi Germany. All I can say to that is BULLSH*T! If the Jews were trying to wipe out the Arabs living in Gaza, they sure aren't doing a very good job. It took Hitler 6 years to kill 6 million Jews; the Israelis have had more than 40 years since the 1967 war during which they could have wiped them out a hundred times over - but they didn't, and they won't.

The people of Israel are the victims here. The next time an Arab army starts rolling towards their borders, I hope they DO wipe out Mecca - then when Muslims have to pray towards a sea of glass we'll see whose side God is on.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

But let me ask a question of all the Stormfront wannabes here: If Israel is such a terrible "aggressor nation," constantly warring on their neighbors, why haven't they used them?

That was a rhetorical question BTW. The answer is simple: It's the ARABS who are the aggressors.

*facepalm*

The reason why Israel has not used their nukes yet is because nukes are MAD weapons, used only as deterrents. However, it is very clear that the only reason why nobody has invaded Israel in the past thirty years is because they have nukes, and they would probably use them in such a situation.

As long as I'm taking on the Jew bashers (I'm a Southern Baptist BTW,) I'd like to point out one more thing. I get pretty sick and tired of people saying that the Jews are "ethnically cleansing" Gaza, that they are trying to commit the same types of crimes that were committed against them in Nazi Germany. All I can say to that is BULLSH*T! If the Jews were trying to wipe out the Arabs living in Gaza, they sure aren't doing a very good job. It took Hitler 6 years to kill 6 million Jews; the Israelis have had more than 40 years since the 1967 war during which they could have wiped them out a hundred times over - but they didn't, and they won't.

Jew bashers? Ridiculous.

And you know what? Obviously you haven't studied the Nazi occupation pre-WWII very well. The first step in their "final solution" was the separate the Germans from the non-Germans, and to either deport the non-Germans or place them in ghettos. When I say ghetto, I don't mean LA poverty ghetto, I'm talking about a virtual city-prison, fenced in and the Nazis had no problem controlling their lives and randomly invading or assassinating people living there. This is exactly what is going on in Palestine.

Question is, when the time comes, will the Israelis deport the Palestinians in order to fully acquire the land or rationalize a solution to kill them all off.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I recently read a pretty good Blog/article concerning Israels WMDs. You might find it interesting.

forcesmilitary.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The answer is simple: It's the ARABS who are the aggressors. The only thing that HAS kept Israel safe is the fact that they can glass every Arab city in the world - including Mecca - and there's not a damned thing anyone can do about it.

Because the Israelis are reknowned for breeding white doves these days yeah? NOT!

Israel has as much blood on their hands as the arabs do....

And if you seriously think that no one will raise a finger if and when Israel launches a Nuke at Iran, then think again......Israel is not holy, as much as they beleive in those sorts of halucinations!

Their government is run by nutcase religioud extremists...what difference are they really from Arab extremists?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Yep of course, the famous worst kept military secret

But looking at the situation Israel has managed to create, it's quite clever really - the big selling point for having nukes is the deterrent factor, so of course you require everyone to know what you are packing 9is that a banana in your jacket pocket or do you really want to rob me... At banana point???)...

So the world has to know that Israel has the nukes, but keeping up the (plausible?) deny-ability means that they do not have to submit to any of those annoying formal inspections, and of those tedious treaties that restrict movements and development and they probably maintain the element of surprise in the fact that we don't really know exactly how they can go about deploying them... Bombs, missiles, even artillery and land mines (big ones!) are all known methods... But how do we know what else these guys have managed to develop?

They will maintain this ridiculous situation going as long as possible - the world needs to force these guys to admit what they have.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

When you decide to educate yourself more on this topic I will respond then. You are coming at it from a position of seeing the issue through the Palestinian conflict, and only that conflict, to justify your point of view.

When you remove that obstacle to informed debate, get back to me and I will be happy to go toe to toe on this topic with you.

EDIT to add.. I am not jewish, nor am I Israeli. You took that from the manner in which I Phrased the question, and we see how you used it to get some digs in on your own.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Actually 23 different Israeli construcrion companies are helping build a modern palestinian city in the west bank. While you and I have been on opposing sides in, well, just about all the topics we come across each other in, I see the sme argument.

People bash Israel and accuse the US of blocking actions taken by the UN against them, which is correct. I find it funny though no one mentions China and Russia using their veto power when it comes to the US or Israel attempting to take action on an Arab country.

IOts a tit for tat game, and we all know it, so can we please drop the silly US-Israel evil all the time one sided argument?

Both sides have the extremist groups who do what they can to derail any peace negotiations, with the latest coming from the uber right wing israeli cabinet minister who said peace was impossible.

As far as the Nazi Camp comparison that were made in several posts draw all of the paralells you want, since the information can be used to fit the facts. Israelis are being held hostage by their extremists in the Government who dont want peace with the Arabs. The Arabs are being held hostage by their extremists in the Government who dont want peace with Israel.

Israel is faced with constant rocket attacks aimed at civilians, so Israel will do what they must to stop that. The people in Gaza are faced with constant retaliation by Israeli forces not because of their actions, but because of the extremists actions.

Israel is holding no one hostage, and neither are the palestinians.

The extremists groups / elements within both areas are holding peace hostage, and people on both sides are paying the price for the decisions of a bunch of scared pussies who would rather use other people to blow things up than risk death by doing it themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join